Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40411 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #660 on: November 26, 2023, 02:33:20 am »

"I see." he replies before falling silent once more for a minute.

There were some particularly cruel Eldar who wore black bladed armor after all.

Marco gestures for the eldar to follow and takes a few steps away from the chaplain. "I need your help to detect whether there's any cursed artifacts left behind in Indaria's quarters for disposal. Then we need to make sure the other senior officers are fine."

"For whatever reason Indaria—may the Emperor judge her soul—came to me to confess but what of the others? We need to be sure."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 26, 2023, 02:47:09 am »

"I can assist with that. If the incinerator doesn't burst into unholy flames and unleash a daemon, then we may wish to search the ashes as well."

Poor creature. Though she had not known Indaria long enough to call her a friend, the human has made for a good...
What's a better word than pet?
Regardless, the girl seemed to have a good head on her shoulders. Too practical to mess up like this, or so Kedia had assumed. Perhaps in the future, she would need to devote more energy to guiding these humans. One thing still seems strange, though.

"You said that she confessed to you. Why?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 26, 2023, 01:32:45 pm »

"I'm not sure. I didn't ask any questions aside from asking her to confirm what she'd done, in case I'd heard wrong or she'd misspoken. She just told me that she bargained, made sure she wouldn't betray me even if she lost, then won her bet. She said she gained an item that let her change herself from it."

"It's part of why I want you to use your powers to look at her body and quarters to figure out where the item is for immediate destruction."

"Indaria was always a bit—" Calling someone who'd made a deal with a daemon naive or innocent didn't seem right. "—ignorant. Maybe she believed she'd won and that was it, and she hadn't lost herself so she saw fit to tell me."

"I can't tell. It's over now. I can only hope she didn't damn her soul beyond salvation."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 26, 2023, 04:28:06 pm »

"Hope is a good emotion. Hold on to that."

Kedia stands over the body and psychically inspects it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 26, 2023, 05:38:10 pm »

"Hope is a good emotion. Hold on to that."

Kedia stands over the body and psychically inspects it.

You detect a psychic presence throughout her body, presumably the warp disease that the former bodygaurd was in charge of fighting. Incinerating the corpse quickly is likely a practical move.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 26, 2023, 05:51:33 pm »

"Diseased. Burn it before it spreads."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 26, 2023, 10:11:15 pm »

"Burn the corpse now." Marco orders before turning his attention to Kedia. "Her quarters are next. Next, the other officers."
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 26, 2023, 11:08:12 pm »

"What about you?" Kedia starts for the door.
"Time is of the essence, of course, but we can talk on the way there. What did you dream of?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 27, 2023, 09:30:59 am »

"Just as you said a daemon appeared. It offered me a bet and prizes, but I didn't pay much attention. I was too busy turning around and leaving." Disgusting. Hopefully they'd never have to meet any more damned existences.
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 28, 2023, 04:23:03 pm »

She nods. "You have a good understanding of demons, captain."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 28, 2023, 10:10:41 pm »

"I know enough to be aware that the only thing that awaits when dealing with daemons is damnation and suffering. Were your dreams invaded as well?" Wait, did her species of xenos dream? She'd probably say so.

Have Kedia check Indaria's quarters for any further signs of corruption.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 11:00:53 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 28, 2023, 10:42:14 pm »

"I met a creature which called itself Mattius. It expressed sympathy to our quest to kill its master, but seemed mostly interested in convincing me to 'play'. I don't care for a game where I can lose and gain nothing in exchange."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 28, 2023, 11:04:14 pm »

"Did you even make that calculation? Would you have accepted its deal in case it offered something you wanted?" Marco's brow furrows.
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 28, 2023, 11:11:07 pm »

"My path is to risk my soul to protect and guide my people. That's the choice I made when I became a Seer. So if I could trade my soul to the safety of my people, I would. But I would not trust a demon."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 28, 2023, 11:49:00 pm »

"That is fair. Our roles are different but I very much understand duty. And I appreciate the good sense in never trusting daemons."

"Though this had never happened to me before. I assume it's another consequence of the danger of this particular path."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47