Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40543 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #555 on: September 08, 2023, 01:48:03 pm »

Start Warp preparations.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 10, 2023, 01:52:28 pm »

Go ahead and commune with the world spirit in the statues. Preferably from somewhere safe like the navigator's sanctum.

You enter the Navigator tower, your sanctuary on the ship with much more cat beds and fewer decorative skulls than the typical Imperial sanctum. If you have any actual cats this is probably where they spend there time, safely away from your dragon pet that may mistake them for a snack. Here you follow the example of the last Eldar that communed with the World Spirit.

You find yourself in the Void, the light of the stars and sun of this world as a backdrop. Before you is a gestalt of souls. At first they seem chaotic, with spirits moving at random in a bright ball of light, but the longer the look the more you find a pattern emerge. You see a face appear, then a full head, composed of countless whirling souls. The end result looks something like an Eldar made from light pouring through mist, wearing a long robe of starlight.

A million voices begin to speak to you in your native tongue. Inconveniently they speak not as one, but each soul speaks with its own voice. Their message is the same with different wording. Some polite, some rude, some urgent, some relaxed, some worried, some calm, with the subtlety of the Eldar language allowing for a full spectrum of tone a human tongue could not hope to grasp. It takes you little effort to discern the voices from one another.

"What is it that you want?"
"Why do you disturb us"
"Thank you for freeing us, the sooner I'm away from those humans the better."
"Don't let the Dead Emperor devour us. I don't trust these mon-key."
"The agents of the greatest pervert are much worse..."

Start Warp preparations.

Your men prepare for Warp jump, moving all the mechanisms in place and performing the proper sermons and rituals. Prayer blasts over your speaker systems to insure the safety of everyone's souls, while your house guards ready tier weapons and shields at the designated checkpoints to insure the safety of everyone's bodies.

You have a new pilot - Rouri - who will likely steer better than you (especially if you are watching close and providing advice on the idiosyncrasies of your ship), but it is ultimately up to you who guides the Ark Royal through the Warp. You are prepared to jump when the Eldar gives the word.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 10, 2023, 01:56:45 pm »

Rouri certainly expects to be steering, since he's not sure what you brought him here for otherwise, and will immediately start doing so if so ordered, but I guess I can find something else to do instead, too.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 10, 2023, 02:30:47 pm »

"I'll be guiding us on a warp journey. I recommend keeping your collective head down if you wish to keep it."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 10, 2023, 02:53:44 pm »

"I'll be guiding us on a warp journey. I recommend keeping your collective head down if you wish to keep it."

"Goodnight"
"We will slumber then."
"The Warp? You're really bring us to the Warp!?"
"If she comes for our souls destroy us."
"How can I sleep knowing that he is after me?"
"Sweet dreams."

The lights begin to fade, both in your head and in the real world as the statues begin to lose their glow. They are now dormant. You detect little to no psykic energy from the still beautiful sculptures.

You fail to determine the time it would take for a Warp journey to Merilia. As you do not see the light of the Corpse Emperor and you the briefing suggests the area is known for Warp Storms, even a quick journey may prove very dangerous.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 10, 2023, 03:07:48 pm »

Indaria settles herself near the Navigator tower, in case of a repeat from last time.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 10, 2023, 05:11:01 pm »

"...How can any of us sleep? I envy these ignorant creatures."

Weren't we going to go deliver these statues first rather than mash them into warpland right away?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 10, 2023, 05:23:47 pm »

"...How can any of us sleep? I envy these ignorant creatures."

Weren't we going to go deliver these statues first rather than mash them into warpland right away?

I have no idea, you guys kinda talked about it but that was in OOC.

Where would you like to set a course to?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 10, 2023, 07:34:56 pm »

Okay setting the course is technically my job, yes, but I should probably make sure it's the course the captain of the ship actually wants to go on.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 11, 2023, 10:55:17 pm »

"Rouri will take the Helmsman's spot, and how dangerous is it to keep these statues with us during Warp translation? I am inclined to leave them with the Eldar before we head to our next destination."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 13, 2023, 03:37:56 pm »

"Not particularly dangerous, I think. But... we shouldn't risk losing them any more than necessary."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 13, 2023, 10:10:24 pm »

"Use the same route back to the Eldar base we visited previously. Let us not take unnecessary risks and leave the statues with them before we head to our next objective." The Captain orders as he prepares for the pre-Warp rituals, activating the ship's work chant hailers.

As always, important rolls get the +10 bonus from Exceptional Leader. Also pre-Warp rituals for good luck of course.
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 14, 2023, 01:40:16 pm »

Chart a course to bring us back by the same route which brought us here, using my handy little starchart made from magical bone or whatever.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 14, 2023, 02:12:36 pm »

Chart a course to bring us back by the same route which brought us here, using my handy little starchart made from magical bone or whatever.

You determine that the Route remains stable, and will take you another 16 days to get back (assuming you can avoid running into any warp issues this time.)

Make the jump?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 14, 2023, 02:27:43 pm »

Only if it makes a cool noise.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47