Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40456 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #570 on: September 14, 2023, 03:06:12 pm »

Only if it makes a cool noise.

Canonically the Ark Royal is filled with Melodium noises and a Warp Jump would probably be accompanied by some form of warning bells, which may or may not be cool depending on what sound the Lord Captain has set it to be. Standard is church bells and choir singing, which the humans seem to like a lot. Like a lot lot.

I'm not sure if that counts or not.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 14, 2023, 03:25:40 pm »

Darn. Better just jump then.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 14, 2023, 04:03:51 pm »

Darn. Better just jump then.

Your ship jumps into the Warp, making sounds that may or may not be cool. As usual, those on the ship must immediately fight the madness of the Aether.

Marco's newly improved muscles waste away, leaving him weaker than before he started the new peach diet. This is likely a temporary effect that should go away once you escape the Warp (Marco -4 Strength).

Rouri realizes that the ship he signed on for is filled with mutants just barely pretending to be normal people. In retrospect this should have been obvious. Probably why half the members wear full body covering whenever they left the ship.

The other members of the retinue manage to keep hold of their senses, especially Kedia who was able to find a much shorter, safer route this time around. The trip should now only take 4 days.

She approaches the first and only set of obstacles. Above there are signs of a mirage, if you choose this path everyone aboard the ship must fight off a second wave of Warp Madness (though with the Gellar Field in tact they'll likely be able to shrug it off). Below there is a mighty Warp Storm brewing, which will damage the ship if you fail to avoid it.

Which path do you choose?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 14, 2023, 04:13:10 pm »

The mirage. Not like these insane apes will act much different if the warp drives them mad.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 14, 2023, 04:29:42 pm »

Indaria remains near the navigator's room, but on-ship she has no reason to hide herself, which means that when Ruori passes by he's going to be seeing her tail, as well as her modified seat in meeting areas.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 15, 2023, 03:33:25 pm »

The mirage. Not like these insane apes will act much different if the warp drives them mad.

You order the new helmsmen toward the mirage. You don't notice anyone acting any differently, except for said new helmsmen who appears to have gained a new phobia. Humans are scared of the oddest things.

Another day passes and you approach your destination. Without the light of the Corpse Emperor exiting the Warp is difficult - even with all the Eldar equipment you loaded onto the human frame. You end up slightly off course. Specifically you exit the Warp in a nearby system to the Eldar base.

You end up in a system with a blue sun surrounded by four gas giants, each surrounded by a fistful of moons. None should be habitable, but space junk orbits each of the moons suggests that someone either lives here or has lived here in the past. Primary scans suggest the technology is of an unknown xeno species.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 16, 2023, 09:12:31 pm »

Does us being in a nearby system mean we need to prepare for another warp jump or can we get to the destination on sublights?

Regardless, Kedia favors not doing anything which would waste time. Any time such priceless artifacts spend on a junker like this is too risky.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 16, 2023, 10:49:30 pm »

Does us being in a nearby system mean we need to prepare for another warp jump or can we get to the destination on sublights?

Regardless, Kedia favors not doing anything which would waste time. Any time such priceless artifacts spend on a junker like this is too risky.

You could make it through non-warp travel, if you don’t mind starving to death. The destination is around 4 light years away.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 16, 2023, 11:33:37 pm »

do elves even need to eat

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 16, 2023, 11:39:42 pm »

Do humans?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 17, 2023, 12:11:24 am »

do elves even need to eat

Yes

Do humans?

Yes, unless they have absolute faith in the Emperor.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 25, 2023, 07:57:08 am »

++Mark this place on the astral map and run auguries. We aren't here for salvage, so unless something particularly good catches the eyes we should prepare to jump once more.++ The Captain orders through the comms.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 25, 2023, 11:06:56 am »

++Mark this place on the astral map and run auguries. We aren't here for salvage, so unless something particularly good catches the eyes we should prepare to jump once more.++ The Captain orders through the comms.

++Aye-Aye Lord-Captain!++ The bridge tech priests get to work examining the data from the augury teams. Some time later, they hand you a compiled report.

It seems the debris represent centuries - or perhaps millennia - of sublight development by a minor xeno race. Mixed with primitive satellites are the remains of small (by Imperial Standards) spacecraft of various purposes including those meant to haul goods between the moons, derelict battlefields, and people-movers that never made it to their destination. More powerful engines, generators, and weapons show that the technology has improved over time.

The most recent space junk remains active, a group of satellites flashing light at each other. During the scan they began flashing light at you, too.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 26, 2023, 06:12:13 pm »

"So nothing useful. Might as well move on."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 02, 2023, 09:12:16 pm »

++Initiate corrective jump preparations.++ Marco would be far more interested were it a lost human civilization. As is, he can't be bothered with trying to make sense of a primitive sublight xeno species. He does however momentarily wonder just how such a civilization would see them.

...Or if they've already seen other spacecraft of of the Imperium or similarly-advanced xeno species.

++While we deal with preparations, see if you can decode those light emissions and send them a hail via Vox. I doubt the dirtbound dwellers did pick up Gothic, but the Emperor's Will works in odd ways at times.++
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47