Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40681 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #420 on: January 03, 2023, 08:36:03 pm »

"That's why dont touch warpy things."

Indaria then turns to Kedia

"Lets leave the statue alone. Go to one of the other presences. Sound good?"

"Or... Better yet..." He retorts, leaning against the wall to steady himself. "Maybe I shouldn't have been the one to try and commune with it. Maybe it should've been someone better skilled at handling the psychic pressures, someone who might've been able to learn more from the World Soul." He gives a quick, pointed, glance towards the Seer. "But I we'll never know now, I doubt they'll have any more to say to us anytime soon."

"Lead on to where ever we're going next... I'll follow when I can."

So do you guys want to go to another presence, or see if the main plot is going to need you soon?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 07, 2023, 08:04:19 pm »

"Could you remind me what business we had been discussing? Things have been a little hectic here, and it feels like it has been many months since we spoke."

++We have the situation with the hunting trophy currently resolved, and we are setting up a meeting to settle this matter. We have another suitable trophy of the same quality, to be exact.++
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 07, 2023, 08:17:13 pm »

"Or... Better yet..." He retorts, leaning against the wall to steady himself. "Maybe I shouldn't have been the one to try and commune with it. Maybe it should've been someone better skilled at handling the psychic pressures, someone who might've been able to learn more from the World Soul." He gives a quick, pointed, glance towards the Seer. "But I we'll never know now, I doubt they'll have any more to say to us anytime soon."

"Lead on to where ever we're going next... I'll follow when I can."

Kedia glares at the pirate with a look of hate strong enough to be palpable despite her fully sealed helmet.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 12, 2023, 02:48:08 pm »

++We have the situation with the hunting trophy currently resolved, and we are setting up a meeting to settle this matter. We have another suitable trophy of the same quality, to be exact.++

"I... see. Let's set up this meeting for a week or so from now, so that I can use up whatever ammunition my scouts bring back. It would be a pity to waste it."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 03:00:43 pm by Stirk »

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 12, 2023, 07:06:29 pm »

If Tallion even notices Kedia's glare, he doesn't show it as they begin the long trek back to the shuttle to resupply and plan their next move. In fact he's utterly silent almost the entire journey back, still trying to process what he experienced.

Upon reaching the the shuttle he immediately gets on the Vox and calls up...

++Captain... er... LORD-captain... I realized it's been a few days since we last checked in. We discovered something... interesting... on our end. How goes the dealings with the hive city leaders? Do you have any need of us yet? Or are we still free to pursue our own ends?++

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 13, 2023, 08:27:14 am »

"I... see. Let's set up this meeting for a week or so from now, so that I can use up whatever ammunition my scouts bring back. It would be a pity to waste it."

++I see no need to be hasty. Why not save it for future hostilities?++

++Captain... er... LORD-captain... I realized it's been a few days since we last checked in. We discovered something... interesting... on our end. How goes the dealings with the hive city leaders? Do you have any need of us yet? Or are we still free to pursue our own ends?++

++What are the news?++
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 13, 2023, 07:50:03 pm »

"Once I'm off this planet I can get any amount I want, so it doesn't seem worth saving."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 13, 2023, 10:09:24 pm »

++Dinos got. seem steady. Found a dino statue. Eldar say it's has eldar ghosts. similar warpy things around planet. Biggest in capital. Likely main eldar ghost statue in capital++
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 16, 2023, 01:44:16 pm »

"Once I'm off this planet I can get any amount I want, so it doesn't seem worth saving."

++I mean here, as I doubt this will last. In any case, one week from now should work.++ Marco replies before moving on to contact the other trader and say the same thing.

++Dinos got. seem steady. Found a dino statue. Eldar say it's has eldar ghosts. similar warpy things around planet. Biggest in capital. Likely main eldar ghost statue in capital++

++I see. Anything urgent? I need your presence for a meeting with the other Traders in one week's time, for security reasons.++
>Yes?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 16, 2023, 03:08:36 pm »

++I see. Anything urgent? I need your presence for a meeting with the other Traders in one week's time, for security reasons.++
++Nothing urgent++
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 16, 2023, 05:30:23 pm »

++I mean here, as I doubt this will last. In any case, one week from now should work.++ Marco replies before moving on to contact the other trader and say the same thing.

"Hello again. Please bear with me, it's a little hard to hear you over the caroling. What's this about? Have you decided to sign up with my army?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 18, 2023, 09:31:07 am »

++We have the situation with the hunting trophy currently resolved, and we are setting up a meeting to settle this matter. We have another suitable trophy of the same quality, and a meeting in a week would be a good time to solve this little issue.++
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 19, 2023, 06:55:01 pm »

"I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do, but okay, we can meet in a week. We're a little low on ammunition over here at the moment anyway. I'm just waiting to hear back from the scouts I sent to raid the other side's stores for more. I figured I might as well get something out of this weird party."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 25, 2023, 11:46:05 pm »

Traders

You meet with your two peers and the Governor in the Governor's personal meeting room in his tower. It is a room designed more for plotting out strategies than entertaining guests, with maps for troop movements as the only decoration. But the room itself is safe and secure, checked daily for bugs and is deep enough in the fortress that it could survive an orbital strike. Two Peach Keepers guard the door with Dominator-pattern plasma pistols on their hips. A choice of weapon, you note, that is capable of non-lethally disabling a target should things get out of hand. The Governor is equipped with the same, but is sitting on a padded chair at the polished wooden desk with the rest of you. None of you where disarmed or checked - the others certainly have weapons on them, as do you.

Icewhite has a very commanding presence comparable to your own, despite being physically smaller than any of the locals present. You can certainly see where the rumors come from. It isn't that his features appear inhuman, they are simply perfectly human with none of the flaws a human is normally born with or accumulates over their life. You get the same feeling as with the innitial dino clone - it is a body that appears too flawless to be natural.

In comparison the Van Haustborg is more flawed than expected. While he carries the dignity of a proud lineage, his body is one that appears to work for a living. If you where to guess at his profession without context you would assume he was an officer of some stripes. Someone who expects his orders to be followed, but someone who goes back to a tiny house with muddied boots when the fighting is done.

At long last, you've finally called the meeting together. The corpses have been moved to the Governor's meat locker during the last week, in case either Trader wished to inspect the goods.

Retinue

For those who decided to come along rather than staying on the ship, you are brought to the Governor's garden. It is deeper within the heart of the fortress than you would expect a non-essential piece of infrastructure to be, deeper even than the Governor's strategy room where your employers are currently having their meeting. It is larger than you would expect as well. Century old peach trees with pink leaves and plump peaches dominate much of the room, growing all the way up to the bright lamps that give them life. It is easily enough room that a Rex could comfortably romp around. And indeed they have a Rex present doing just that. A mighty creature clad in decorated flackgrass armor, with the Governor's daughter sitting proudly in its saddle leading it carefully along the green grass between rows of trees. The Governors sons demonstrate smaller creatures - one playing happily in a crowd of assorted dinosaurs ranging from those small enough to fit in your hands up to those just taller than a man, while the other throws a handful of food into a pond in the center of the garden and watches as ancient fish rise up to claim the morsels.

Also present is the Traders' retinue. For the most part they seem more relaxed than one might expect from warring parties, with many simply sitting down and helping themselves to some peaches or petting particularly fluffy dinosaurs. They're a mixture of local outcasts and those foreign to this world, the former of which can be seen at a glance simply from their large builds. None of you had been searched or disarmed - indeed everyone present is visibly armed and is careful to keep their weapons in reach at all times. Should conflict arise the only way to reach the Traders is by two elevators, a personal size one that you came down in and a significantly larger freight elevator. Both can be shut down at the Governor's order.

An exception to the relaxed atmosphere is two men following the Rex. They are currently shouting at each at the top of their voices and nearly coming to blows. One is equipped with a large chainsword strapped to his back with a magnet mechanism, while the other is dressed as a pilot with a backup pistol in his holster. They appear to be on opposite sides, but nobody seems to pay mind to their argument - the Governor's daughter in particular seems to be amused by it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 26, 2023, 10:41:05 am »

Although I dislike being so far from our Trader, I like having the other Trader's retinues being this far from the negotiating table far more. What I find interesting is the way this seemingly unimportant room is in such a secure area, and in some ways it reminds me of how the previously found eldar-psyker-statue-thing was hidden in nature. So I stay out of the way and very slowly and cautiously look around with not just my eyes, but that same weird-stuff-sense that has served me so well in the past. I'm specifically checking for both the possibility of psykers in the other retinues or possibly (though unlikely) even amongst the Governer's children, and after I've reassured myself of the lack of immediate threats I'm checking for the possibility of another eldar-dino-statue-thing somewhere nearby, probably behind a hidden panel of some sort.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47