Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40751 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #375 on: November 28, 2022, 01:31:46 am »

"Whatever you've heard about Eldar bonding rituals, I think they may have been exaggerated."

Now that there's nothing around that's trying to kill me and/or making annoying noises (besides Tallion), guess I can go back to sleep.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 28, 2022, 01:45:33 am »

"First off...I was not whining." He corrects the Seer, with a measure of confusion. "I simply stated that I was 'fine too'. You then asked what I was 'implying', and I answered. If it sounded like I was, then blame this crude human tongue we're using, not me."

"Second, there is nothing wrong with you liking animals. I never said there was. It just would be nice to know you carry the same 'compassion' for all your comrades, not just the beasts."

Turning towards Indaria, he adds. "And third, as the Seer said... we are not flirting. This is nothing more than a misunderstanding between us."
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 01:47:06 am by Karsus the Mad »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 28, 2022, 02:59:56 am »

"Suuuuure it is."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 29, 2022, 11:12:45 am »

"First you return me to my superior body. Then you help me escape. I think the former would serve us both well, don't you agree?"

"What and where is that superior body? And do you not think you have picked a particularly bad way of presenting me your case?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 29, 2022, 07:53:00 pm »

"Whatever you've heard about Eldar bonding rituals, I think they may have been exaggerated."

Now that there's nothing around that's trying to kill me and/or making annoying noises (besides Tallion), guess I can go back to sleep.

You sleep comfortably above the carnage with a significant lowered ambient bug volume. That part is nice.

Morning comes with nothing else attempting to kill you.

"First you return me to my superior body. Then you help me escape. I think the former would serve us both well, don't you agree?"

"What and where is that superior body? And do you not think you have picked a particularly bad way of presenting me your case?"

Your body gives a long sigh unbecoming of you.

He points toward "you". "My superior body is the one that you have currently stolen from me, located in this precise location. Feel free to examine it at your leisure. As for my attitude as you can see I hold all the cards. I have a stranglehold on your body, your weapons, and all the relevant information that may free us from this situation. Would you beg for assistance from a superior position?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 30, 2022, 10:29:11 am »

"Then why did you put me in here and how should I return it to you?" By now Marco's tone is like a mono-edged blade wrapped in cloth. He does decide to check what's so special about this body, trying to get a better idea of the situation.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 04, 2022, 11:10:31 pm »

Catgirl and Eldar Team

You pack up your gear as the morning sun peaks over the nearby mountains. You continue following the path charted around the remaining ravines, those of you with superior hearing haunted by a faint buzzing from deep within covered by the sound of rushing water. Those of you with psyniscience can now see the light of the presence without actively trying. It shines less brightly than the sun, but you can feel an odd warmth from it - a warmth that heats up the soul rather than the body.

By dinner time you approach the last leg of the journey. The entrance to a tunnel hidden by no small number of quick growing plants. It would be a difficult feat for a human to discover it with the naked eye, but the light pouring from the tunnel meant the pair of cat girls where easily able to find it without difficulties.

"Then why did you put me in here and how should I return it to you?" By now Marco's tone is like a mono-edged blade wrapped in cloth. He does decide to check what's so special about this body, trying to get a better idea of the situation.

"Did I not say this was not my doing? It was the act of a third party. It is a throne flip for which one is responsible, but whatever the case my taking over your body was simply a response to you taking over mine."

He checks a clock, giving you time to check yourself without being too obvious. Your senses do seem sharper, but as far as superiority goes that is the only thing that stands out. Your pulse is quicker, even taking in to account the adrenaline in your system. Far too quick in fact, your heart is beating twice as fast as it should. Your body feels lighter and perhaps more agile, the few steps you've taken have been some of the swiftest in your life.

"When your soul leaves your mortal vessel it leaves your body open for possession. In this case when your soul entered my body, I chose to enter yours with some assistance from an expert in souls. Perhaps that is what leaves you confused? If you have only used your ability on Mon'keigh most will be unable to do anything about it. Now focus. The device should still be connected to your soul. Set the time as now. Set the date as now. Set the target as your original body. You have done it before or you would not be walking around in your original body. Most importantly, focus."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 06, 2022, 10:46:42 am »

Lord-Captain Guerra finally calms down, the initial confusion and anger cooling as he realizes what's happened. It'd be understandable for most people to be bewildered in his situation, but he's perhaps even more defensive after what's happened to him. It'd be a massive understatement saying it's "disconcerting" to live an entire lifetime or two in another person's skin in a single moment only to return to being just Marco, completely lost as to who he really was. It was a minor miracle his sanity survived the ordeal, even if at times it's hard to tell how much of him is the original Marco Guerra.

"...So there was a misunderstanding. I have never tried to take over anyone's body. This was as much of a surprise to me as it was to you, and that damnable device is something I wished to never see again." With that said, there's more pressing matters to attend. Marco tries to focus on returning to his original body, falling silent and closing his eyes while his mind concentrates on his body, right here, right now.
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 06, 2022, 10:54:24 am »

The journey proceeds with no further flirting from Kedia.

"This is the place. Not sure what will happen down there. Have you made peace with your god, Indaria?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 06, 2022, 12:59:43 pm »

Indaria verified that she didn't have someone sneaking up behind her back at the ominous comment from the Eldar.
"Early for that."
Upon not finding herself being betrayed, Indaria took a moment to check how the psychic presence seemed. This was the kind of thing she normally would just avoid, the kind of thing she worried might make her condition progress further.
"Lets get moving."
and then began her cautious advance into the tunnel.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 06, 2022, 01:43:08 pm »

"I don't think there's a time too early to safeguard your soul, but I guess it's your own business."

Time to plunge my face into the ominous hole of death!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 08, 2022, 07:16:01 pm »

Lord-Captain Guerra finally calms down, the initial confusion and anger cooling as he realizes what's happened. It'd be understandable for most people to be bewildered in his situation, but he's perhaps even more defensive after what's happened to him. It'd be a massive understatement saying it's "disconcerting" to live an entire lifetime or two in another person's skin in a single moment only to return to being just Marco, completely lost as to who he really was. It was a minor miracle his sanity survived the ordeal, even if at times it's hard to tell how much of him is the original Marco Guerra.

"...So there was a misunderstanding. I have never tried to take over anyone's body. This was as much of a surprise to me as it was to you, and that damnable device is something I wished to never see again." With that said, there's more pressing matters to attend. Marco tries to focus on returning to his original body, falling silent and closing his eyes while his mind concentrates on his body, right here, right now.

Your body seems to think better of disrupting your concentration with a quip and remains silent.

((Sneaky behind the screen GM roll))

You feel your soul shiver. For a brief movement when you open your eyes you see yourself as a giant setting the village to the torch as music blasts around you. With another blink you find yourself using dinosaurs as tools to construct the huts. With a third blink you are starring at the hut's ceiling. You are yourself again.

Inside the hut with you is a large dark-skinned man. His face looks like it was carved from marble, the rest of his features are hidden by a long quilted armor without decoration. He is manipulating something like clay. His actions are more precise than any machine you have witnessed. A mechancus adept could begin to believe in the power of flesh from seeing his artistry. Every so often he would mix in colored dust to his grey clay like material, changing its hue to whatever he desired. He was locked into focus as if in a trance, not noting your awakening in any way.

His creation is the old man. Lying on the bed is no doubt the perfect image of the old man, even you who had spent time in his body could not find a single flaw. Every pore and every hair was exactly as it should be. Every hidden flaw was represented, every fingerprint carefully traced. A perfect copy beyond human creation. His head had been blown apart by an autopistol round to his brow, a wound at which the man is now carefully sculpting.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 11, 2022, 12:00:55 am »

Indaria verified that she didn't have someone sneaking up behind her back at the ominous comment from the Eldar.
"Early for that."
Upon not finding herself being betrayed, Indaria took a moment to check how the psychic presence seemed. This was the kind of thing she normally would just avoid, the kind of thing she worried might make her condition progress further.
"Lets get moving."
and then began her cautious advance into the tunnel.

The presence feels like a bright fire. It is warmer and brighter than most you feel, somehow closer to the light of the Emperor rather than the dark hellfire you usually find yourself detecting. It is certain that the presence is not one of a powerful daemon nor of a witch of great strength but of something more unfamiliar.

The three of you and your Raptors squeeze into the cave. Almost immediately upon entering you find yourself in darkness, the light of the sun failing to penetrate into the cave and the light of the World Spirit failing to illuminate the surroundings as true light would. The cave itself appears to be natural (to those who decide to bring their flashlights to bare), with stalagmites and stalactites dotting the roof and floor like the teeth of a hungry dino. Water drips steadily from the ceiling. There are no signs of human life, no cult seems to have made the cave its home. The walls where thin forcing the group to move in single file. The ceiling ranges from being high above you to so low you are forced to stoop. Coaxing the two raptors through small holes proved to be difficult but doable.

The cave was not long, perhaps a bit over a kilometer with no diverging paths. At the end was a single opening resembling a room. At the center was a massive statue. A life size Rex made of crystal resembling that of a spirit stone. It is so detailed and lifelike that the Raptors prepare to combat it on sight, and even those present in possession of higher functions could easily see the crystal come to life at a moment's notice. It glowed not only with physionic power but physically with a blueish light that filled the room. Behind the statue was more crystal, appearing in an unaltered form that looks like a waterfall composed of icicles.

As if in warning, the entire cave rumbles with the force of an Earthquake as you enter the room.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 11, 2022, 01:00:54 am »

stay focused
I silently sweep the chamber and verify there's no threats here, maintaining distance from the likely warpy statue.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 03:12:54 am by Lenglon »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 11, 2022, 06:04:56 am »

"Yes yes, warning received. If you're not trying to kill us yet, does that mean you have something to communicate?"
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47