Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40766 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #345 on: November 14, 2022, 06:16:28 pm »

same campsite prep as last time.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 14, 2022, 10:07:10 pm »

Put cat plushies in a perimeter around the camp to scare off any inferior predators.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 14, 2022, 11:32:17 pm »

"You. Are you the truly his father or something evil that's replaced him?" Remembering the old man has worked on recording things, Marco discreetly looks for anything that could help him prove what's going on. If there was a vox-corder anywhere nearby...

(Perception roll)

If there is a vox-corder anywhere, you can't find it. You are still holding the picter, but as far as you can tell it is the type that only takes a visual snapshot.

"I believe you'll find this is more your fault than mine, Mon'keigh. I know not if this is a prank meant to be a learning experience or if you have somehow angered the World Spirit. In either case I wish very much that the lot of you had kept me out of it."

Your body walks closer, only to pass you and walk to the bed. With some motions, "you" open up a secret compartment. Inside is, among other things, more picts. He pulls one out and shows it to you.

"You recognize him, yes?" It is the Jester who hired you, posing for the picter. "We have spoken of your deal. I believe it is in its spirit for you to cooperate."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 15, 2022, 06:15:04 am »

Yeah, I can't think of anything special we weren't already doing... So agreed, same camp prep as last time...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 15, 2022, 08:11:49 pm »

same campsite prep as last time.

Put cat plushies in a perimeter around the camp to scare off any inferior predators.

Yeah, I can't think of anything special we weren't already doing... So agreed, same camp prep as last time...

You set up camp as last time, facing few problems aside from the greatly increased number of insects harassing you. Despite their best efforts you are able to set up your as-of-yet undefined tree sleeping apparatus and more defined defenses. You are even able to fall asleep well enough!

To say the next attack was no surprise is accurate. To say the next attack was surprising is also accurate. It set off no alarms, managed to get close in the dark, and its noise was completely ignored as it was one that you where already ignoring as background noise. It was a swarm of primitive wasp like creatures, 3 inches in length with dark carapaces. They appear to live along the cliff side of the ravines, given that the swarm emerged from its edge. Once gathered together thousands of these creatures filled your camp, up to and including those sleeping in the trees. You can expect that this breed is powerful enough to pierce your armor - and that if it is allowed to do so you are in for a bad time. They swarm well over the cat plushes, perhaps unable to see the stealthy creatures in the dark.

This time, Tallion is on watch while the cat girls sleep in their trees. With no warning there is no time to get down from the trees before the attack.

COMBAT START
Initiative
Kedia 17
Tallion 16
Teeth 12
Unnamed Raptor 7
Indaria 5
"Wasp" Swarm 5 (Indaria goes first as PC)

The Wasp Swarm used up its "Surprise" round approaching the camp. It is now considered to take up the area of the camp, including vertically. Lets say the swarm takes up the area from 20,20 to -20 -20. Everyone within is considered to be at distance 0.

Kedia will be considered 0,0 for this round. She is also...10 meters up a tree (I'll accept arguments if you want to be higher or lower).

Kedia 0,0, 10 meters up
Indaria -5,3, 10 meters up
Tallion 10,5
Teeth 3,4
Unnamed Raptor 4,3
"Wasp" swarm from 20,20 to -20,-20.

((Hopefully you won't just kill this thing in one turn too :V. Despite being on top of you I will not consider you to be "Engaged in Melee" for the purpose of penalties and using ranged weapons, but you will not receive a range bonus unless you leave the swarm. Swarm rules used are those in the Bestiary, barring the above modification and the taking up extra space.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 15, 2022, 08:55:43 pm »

Kedia sleeps closer to the ground, being less of a survivalist and more of a pampered mage who perhaps prefers not being far enough from the ground that falling in her sleep would cause serious injury.

Drop to the ground and use Telekinesis Unfettered to slam and pin the wasps to the ground in a bubble around me.
"Disgusting creatures! Kill 'em all 1989!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 16, 2022, 01:43:18 pm »

"Cooperate how exactly?" Marco asks, his fury simmered down to a cold edge.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 17, 2022, 10:08:50 pm »

verify that my armor is sealed properly and then open fire on the swarm IF it's clustered away from me and it won't risk hitting friendlies.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 19, 2022, 02:27:55 pm »

Kedia sleeps closer to the ground, being less of a survivalist and more of a pampered mage who perhaps prefers not being far enough from the ground that falling in her sleep would cause serious injury.

Drop to the ground and use Telekinesis Unfettered to slam and pin the wasps to the ground in a bubble around me.
"Disgusting creatures! Kill 'em all 1989!"

(Yay! I get to roll for horrible death now! And it is 66, the most menacing number possible! The Eldar bit says table 6-3 but also Physic Phenomena which is table 6-2, so I'll assume they meant 6-2.)

Rather than destroying the surrounding bugs, your powers decide they would rather destroy all reflective surfaces in the area. Mostly this is limited to destroying your flash lights. Not that you needed them, but I'm sure the others won't particularly enjoy fumbling around in the dark without them.

"Cooperate how exactly?" Marco asks, his fury simmered down to a cold edge.

"First you return me to my superior body. Then you help me escape. I think the former would serve us both well, don't you agree?"

verify that my armor is sealed properly and then open fire on the swarm IF it's clustered away from me and it won't risk hitting friendlies.

It isn't your turn yet. You'll be processed when and if (given how the last fight went) it is.

Your carapace armor isn't sealed on account of not even covering you full body. Your synskin covers your body fully, and as far as you can feel in the dark is doing its job.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 21, 2022, 07:05:10 am »

Hoping the seals on his Void Armour hold, Tallion draws his Shuriken Pistol and fires wildly into the swarm.

Full Auto Burst into the Swarm.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 21, 2022, 11:48:29 pm »

Hoping the seals on his Void Armour hold, Tallion draws his Shuriken Pistol and fires wildly into the swarm.

Full Auto Burst into the Swarm.

Your spray tares through the swarm like the God of war, each hit squelching a line of bugs and leaving their fragments against the ground. Still the pure size of the swarm means that for every one you killed there are yet five more that live. It is almost like fighting humans, perhaps the World Spirit has been learning from the parasites that dot its surface?

"Wasp" Swarm has taken 16 Wounds!

(It was 31 before the half-damage kicked in. Kinda glad I picked a swarm this time.)

Teeth snaps at the bugs with its jaw, stomps with its feet, and crushes them with its tail in a frenzied attack more instinct than trained. Such actions do little to thin their numbers, despite how many squished bugs now stick to the poor Raptor.

"Wasp" Swarm has taken 19 Wounds!

Kedia's Raptor takes a similar tactic, to similar effect. Still between the three exterminators there is now a noticeably smaller density of wasp creatures filling the air, a sign that this is a battle that can be won.

"Wasp" Swarm has taken 24 Wounds! It has now shrunk to size Enormous!

Indria fires out a Semi-Automatic burst from her hellgun! Its blasts lights up the night, vaporizing any of the bugs that found themselves in its deadly path. The scent of burned bugs fills the air for all who have their noses exposed to the atmosphere, a group currently consisting only of the Raptors and the bugs themselves.

"Wasp" Swarm has taken 31 Wounds!

An angry swarm of wasp is not a fun place to get caught up in. It retaliates for its dead comrades, attempting to sting Indria, Kedia, and Tallion through their armor! Indria and Kedia are able to avoid getting stung, while Tallion feels the prick of stingers that nearly pierce his armor. He is lucky enough to brush them away without taking any damage - this time.

Kedia 17
Tallion 16
Teeth 12
Unnamed Raptor 7
Indaria 5
"Wasp" Swarm 5 (Indaria goes first as PC)

It is now Kedia's turn.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 22, 2022, 02:36:56 am »

Sigh. Levitate rifle and shoot the fkers on auto.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 25, 2022, 03:45:17 pm »

Another burst of full auto from the Shuriken Pistol.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 25, 2022, 11:07:30 pm »

Sigh. Levitate rifle and shoot the fkers on auto.

Much more subtle than the human weapon lighting up the night, the Eldar shuriken catapult gracefully cuts the bug swarm to ribbons. The heat signatures lighting up the sky alongside the las blasts one by one fall to the ground and go cold. Once again the swarm has noticeably shrunk, though there are still enough to pose a threat.

"Wasp" Swarm has taken 58 Wounds!

A second burst of shurikens fills the night air, avenging the wound that the proud Corsair almost took from the lowly insect. With a relatively small amount yet filling the air there was less carnage than before, yet there is now so few bugs that they could barely cover one of the explorers. A far cry from the all encompassing swarm that had set upon them mere moments ago.

"Wasp" Swarm has taken 63 Wounds!

Now forced to find the ever shrinking swarm in the dark rather than simply being able to thrash about and cause mass casualties to the enemy, both Raptors fail to do notable damage to the few remaining bugs. They rush through the forest snapping at the "wasps" in the air like a dog snapping at an annoying bee.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 26, 2022, 01:04:56 am »

second verse, same as the first.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47