Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40798 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #330 on: November 09, 2022, 12:45:43 am »

Was that bolded as an action? Your first instinct tells you that while Rexes do not have visible ears as predators they likely have sharp senses and can likely hear your camp due to all the alarms and screeching animals. Presumably it could smell you from some ways off as well, though the breeze should be going down the mountain at night.
((When I say camp alarm, it's not a tornado siren. It's thick underbrush / loose leaves / a can hanging from a tripwire with a small rock in the can. An alarm that announces your location for miles around is absurd. Nobody would ever use something like that, especially not a deathworlder like Indaria. As for the wildlife, the thing that disturbed them was the Rex, not us. Which is why I am bothered about this entire situation. This Rex is stomping in directly at us from far away. Clearly someone sic'd it on us or something similar. This isn't hunting behavior, this is an attack, and we haven't seen our attacker yet. The Rex is the distraction, not the real threat, and so YES my action was to look around and try to find the real attacker.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 09, 2022, 12:54:20 am »

(You know when I designed this fight I thought to myself "Hey Stirk, arn't you overdoing it? If this thing gets close enough it could tear them all to pieces!")

((Heh, I suspected that aiming using Will might be a little busted for me.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 09, 2022, 01:14:39 am »

Was that bolded as an action? Your first instinct tells you that while Rexes do not have visible ears as predators they likely have sharp senses and can likely hear your camp due to all the alarms and screeching animals. Presumably it could smell you from some ways off as well, though the breeze should be going down the mountain at night.
((When I say camp alarm, it's not a tornado siren. It's thick underbrush / loose leaves / a can hanging from a tripwire with a small rock in the can. An alarm that announces your location for miles around is absurd. Nobody would ever use something like that, especially not a deathworlder like Indaria. As for the wildlife, the thing that disturbed them was the Rex, not us. Which is why I am bothered about this entire situation. This Rex is stomping in directly at us from far away. Clearly someone sic'd it on us or something similar. This isn't hunting behavior, this is an attack, and we haven't seen our attacker yet. The Rex is the distraction, not the real threat, and so YES my action was to look around and try to find the real attacker.))

Your whole post is confusing me since it is basically running across a bear in the woods and thinking “this must have been sent by my enemies to kill me! How did it specifically seek us out in this forest?” So I kinda thought you meant “how does it know our location precisely in the dark”

(You know when I designed this fight I thought to myself "Hey Stirk, arn't you overdoing it? If this thing gets close enough it could tear them all to pieces!")

((Heh, I suspected that aiming using Will might be a little busted for me.))

((I forgot to apply the darkness penalty to your roll so you would have done less damage. Still enough to kill em dead so it doesn’t really matter, but both of you got RF on one of your rolls completely bypassing it’s impressive toughness and wounds >_>. The hits that didn’t crit did 2-4 damage on your end so it could have at least been a threat if the sniper shot didn’t get some great rolls))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 09, 2022, 01:20:24 am »

((I forgot to apply the darkness penalty to your roll so you would have done less damage.))
((My suit has Dark Sight built in~))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 09, 2022, 01:25:10 am »

((I forgot to apply the darkness penalty to your roll so you would have done less damage.))
((My suit has Dark Sight built in~))

((Maybe I'm actually an attentive GM after all!))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 09, 2022, 02:11:27 am »

((okay, so i was confused, and youw ere confused about my confusion. fun. I thought we were woken up by an unknown something triggering a camp alarm, the camp alarm then somehow startling the entire area, and the Rex sprinting down a far hill directly at us from far away.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 10, 2022, 02:15:40 pm »

++Hmm. Looks like it died. So how are you two?++

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 11, 2022, 12:10:36 pm »

Unfortunate. Marco can't even make use of this situation and the old man's physical memory to do the work that needs be done. If anything, it only makes matters worse, not that he'd been looking forward to spending any extra amount of time in the wrong body after his previous experience with it. If anything, perhaps it's only his past experience with a similar situation that's allowed him to recompose himself this fast.

"How dare you wear my skin? Undo this now, interloper." He turns to the pilot—the old man's son—and extends his hand. "I need a vox now. Your father or whatever was wearing his skin has knocked me out and put me in his body while he's trying to get away wearing mine. I can easily prove it to my crew, as I doubt whatever it is has my memories."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 11, 2022, 02:34:15 pm »

Unfortunate. Marco can't even make use of this situation and the old man's physical memory to do the work that needs be done. If anything, it only makes matters worse, not that he'd been looking forward to spending any extra amount of time in the wrong body after his previous experience with it. If anything, perhaps it's only his past experience with a similar situation that's allowed him to recompose himself this fast.

"How dare you wear my skin? Undo this now, interloper." He turns to the pilot—the old man's son—and extends his hand. "I need a vox now. Your father or whatever was wearing his skin has knocked me out and put me in his body while he's trying to get away wearing mine. I can easily prove it to my crew, as I doubt whatever it is has my memories."

"Don't listen to its lies. Heresy is a virus spread through words. Connect him with the ship and he will no doubt insure that the Gellar Field is sabotaged and the crew -my crew- exposed to the Warp. Instead fetch for us an exorcist. We can't risk a local priest taking on a daemon. The Abbot of the Nine Saints can no doubt save your beloved father's soul. I am acquainted with combating the Warp thanks to my travels through the void - I will hold him off until assistance arrives."

(Opposed Fellowship) While your commanding presence remains even in your outwardly frail body, it seems that the pilot and medic are buying into your body's story over your own. The pilot hesitates with handing you anything, but instead joins the medic in rushing for the door leaving you alone with "you".

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 11, 2022, 03:50:06 pm »

++Hmm. Looks like it died. So how are you two?++

"I've been worse for wear." Tallion replies, stepping out of his covered position. He gazes around the area for any more trouble. "I think the jungle really doesn't want us here... Come, we best break camp and get moving again quickly; before we anger the World Soul further and it sends something worse against us."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 11, 2022, 04:17:24 pm »

"Okay."
Get ready and move on

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 11, 2022, 04:30:48 pm »

++Ugh, okay. Wasn't tired anyways, nope...++

Forward through the night! Gee hope the others can see in the dark too.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 11, 2022, 06:54:45 pm »

++Ugh, okay. Wasn't tired anyways, nope...++

Forward through the night! Gee hope the others can see in the dark too.
((Actually, if I'm reading the scene right, the Rex attacked at, or around, dawn. So we'd probably be setting out soon anyway))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 12, 2022, 03:11:14 pm »

((For the record your basic camp supplies include flashlights, of the non-lethal visible light shooting variety people use to see when it is dark out))

You break down camp and set out as dawn breaks. Following the path the Eldar Corsair charted, you move through the jungle towards the path through the crevices. While the insects still do their best to irritate you, the plant life no longer attempts to block your passage. This jungle looks much like that which the cat team encountered earlier. If anything it might be more teeming with life then elsewhere, you run across many smaller dinos that scatter as you approach. Some munch on the insects following you happily.

In the afternoon you arrived toward the ravines. Despite being long and wide they where impossible to see from a distance, even as you arrived by air. They are covered in a hanging moss, spider webbing across the cavern with the aid of vines and the occasional wide fern. It covers the crevices like a pitfall trap, filling the fissure almost entirely with fragile plant life. In many places it is well over a hundred meters across, though there are also locations where a normal human could easily leap over to reach the other side. You can hear the echo of a river at the bottom of most fissures, and feel a mist rise from them should you get too close to the edge.

Thanks to Tallion's path finding you are able to locate the crossing for three of the ravines, located miles apart so you have to move back and forth across the mountain in a winding path to make progress. You are perhaps half-way through the fissure maze when night begins to fall. Would you like to set up camp, and if so would you like to make any special preparations?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 14, 2022, 08:27:13 am »

"You. Are you the truly his father or something evil that's replaced him?" Remembering the old man has worked on recording things, Marco discreetly looks for anything that could help him prove what's going on. If there was a vox-corder anywhere nearby...
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47