Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40760 times)

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #315 on: November 06, 2022, 01:47:52 pm »

I take my time setting up camp, making sure to include my usual alarms and trips, scout out three different escape routes, and ensuring the campsite as a whole breaks lines of sight and sound. My personal rest position will be up in a tree, because most things don't look up, but I don't expect the others to do the same as me on this. Just normal campsite prep.

Tallion helps Indaria set up and secure our camp, as her plan isn't a bad one. Likewise he makes his own personal rest position in a tree... just a different, nearby one to hers.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 07, 2022, 01:13:31 pm »

I take my time setting up camp, making sure to include my usual alarms and trips, scout out three different escape routes, and ensuring the campsite as a whole breaks lines of sight and sound. My personal rest position will be up in a tree, because most things don't look up, but I don't expect the others to do the same as me on this. Just normal campsite prep.

Tallion helps Indaria set up and secure our camp, as her plan isn't a bad one. Likewise he makes his own personal rest position in a tree... just a different, nearby one to hers.

You set up camp, taking the usual measures alongside the unusual measure of sleeping in a tree. I imagine this involves something like a hammock, but I suppose the actual logistics are left to the campers.

As usual the nights on this world are pleasantly cool. If it where not for the countless tree branches blocking your path to the sky you would likely have enough light that a normal human could move around without issue. Still this jungle clearly doesn't want you here, you are constantly harassed by buzzing insects that can do little but irritate you and perhaps interrupt the sleep of the more light sleepers. They are joined by luminescent fireflies, blinking randomly throughout all levels of the jungle with green light.

As dawn approaches, they are also joined by something a bit more hostile. It is Kedia's shift on watch, as the others sleep (Eldar sleep right? Google says probably) in their chosen trees. Not that she needed her enhanced senses to see the coming threat. The alarms went off. The Raptors shrieked their heads off. And the earth shook with each step it takes. It is certainly enough of a din to make its way to the climbing campers. Swiftly approaching from up the mountain is a Rex.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 07, 2022, 01:55:26 pm »

Is this witchery? Heresy?! Marco immediately rose to his feet to stop the lying body-snatcher from escaping with his own body!

"Come back here now!"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 07, 2022, 10:31:10 pm »

Is this witchery? Heresy?! Marco immediately rose to his feet to stop the lying body-snatcher from escaping with his own body!

"Come back here now!"

Everyone in the room turns their eyes toward you.

"Father? What has gotten into you?" The son looks between you and "you", clearly worried. Given how low ranking these people are you could likely have them shot for being uppity, his worry is well placed.

"You haven't been able to walk in over twenty years...how..." Replies the medic, eyes wide at the "miracle" before him.

"Daemon! As I expected the old man's charity towards the broken warriors has exposed him to Chaos!" Declares your voice.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 07, 2022, 10:48:53 pm »

Kedia hugs a thorn filled cat plushie to her armored chest and opens a vox link, since the alarms hopefully woke up the other two already.

++Big dino. I think the world spirit is using it to keep us from getting closer. Shall we kill it?++

Check big dino with weird magic sense.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 07, 2022, 10:54:25 pm »

Kedia hugs a thorn filled cat plushie to her armored chest and opens a vox link, since the alarms hopefully woke up the other two already.

++Big dino. I think the world spirit is using it to keep us from getting closer. Shall we kill it?++

Check big dino with weird magic sense.

You sense no weird magic with your senses that are both weird and magical.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 08, 2022, 01:08:57 am »

I ready my armor and hellgun and watch the Rex's path. Is it coming directly at us or just passing by?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 08, 2022, 01:03:28 pm »

I ready my armor and hellgun and watch the Rex's path. Is it coming directly at us or just passing by?

Given the territorial roaring, you can guess it isn’t just walking by.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 08, 2022, 01:25:38 pm »

Let someone with a stronger gun start the combat.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 08, 2022, 01:39:33 pm »

That's strange. How did it find us from so far away?
What's spying on us?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 08, 2022, 02:02:52 pm »

"How can you—"

This is troubling. If it's the old man using heretical magic to body-swap, then how is he going to prove that's what happened? Marco looks back into his memory to make sure he has his memory intact and whether he has any of the old man's. The mind's been swapped, not the body, so technically the sorcerer shouldn't have the memories that'd make it easier to prove who's the pretender.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 08, 2022, 06:55:13 pm »

Taking up a covered position, as best the forest will allow, Tallion wraps his Cameleoline Cloak around himself to blend into the underbrush and takes careful aim at the Rex. With the patience of a trained sniper, peering through his gun's sights, he waits for the right shot shot. Almost whisper quiet, his Long Rifle lets loose a las bolt at the Rex.

I use Concealment to blend into the underbrush. Then I take a Full Action to Aim before firing at the Rex. If I hit, then my gun will be dealing an additional d10 per two degrees of success; to a maximum of two extra d10s

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 09, 2022, 12:10:41 am »

That's strange. How did it find us from so far away?
What's spying on us?

Was that bolded as an action? Your first instinct tells you that while Rexes do not have visible ears as predators they likely have sharp senses and can likely hear your camp due to all the alarms and screeching animals. Presumably it could smell you from some ways off as well, though the breeze should be going down the mountain at night.

Taking up a covered position, as best the forest will allow, Tallion wraps his Cameleoline Cloak around himself to blend into the underbrush and takes careful aim at the Rex. With the patience of a trained sniper, peering through his gun's sights, he waits for the right shot shot. Almost whisper quiet, his Long Rifle lets loose a las bolt at the Rex.

I use Concealment to blend into the underbrush. Then I take a Full Action to Aim before firing at the Rex. If I hit, then my gun will be dealing an additional d10 per two degrees of success; to a maximum of two extra d10s

Taking advantage of your opponent giving you time to act, you carefully aim toward what should be a weakpoint. As natural for a sniper of your caliber it was an amazing hit. Something that would easily decapitate a human or vanquish an Ork. A shot that may well have been guided by the God of War himself. Yet your bolt to the giant's tiny right arm does little to deter the creature and in fact urges it into a charge toward your group. Your specie's mighty creatures of war are certainly something to be admired.

COMBAT START
Initiative
Kedia 16
Unamed Raptor 14
Tallion 12
Rex 12
Teeth 9
Indaria 8

There is no surprise, so Tallion is considered to have used up his move for the first round. It is now Kedia's turn, and her raptor after that.

Battlefield Positioning

Tallion furthest back, behind cover. Will be considered 0,0 on our map with every space being considered 1 meter.
Kedia, furthest forward. 3,10
Indaria, in between. 2,5
Teeth 3,3
Kedia's Raptor, 4,4
Rex 0, 54 (28 Wounds)

I hope that makes enough sense that I don't actually have to draw it out :V. Lets hope this is more clear than the old way of keeping track of positions.

"How can you—"

This is troubling. If it's the old man using heretical magic to body-swap, then how is he going to prove that's what happened? Marco looks back into his memory to make sure he has his memory intact and whether he has any of the old man's. The mind's been swapped, not the body, so technically the sorcerer shouldn't have the memories that'd make it easier to prove who's the pretender.

(Rolling WP)

You indeed have your memories intact in full, at least as much as you did in your true body. Attempts to find the old man's memories are...successful, in a manner. You can tell that the Old Man's memories are in his body. You can not manage to read them. It is like they are a whisper in another room or a dot on the horizon, while it is clear there is something present it is impossible to even guess at what that something may be.

Hopefully he has the same problem on his end...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 09, 2022, 12:17:34 am »

Kedia hugs her cat plush close and uses her brain to lift her shuriken rifle with Precision Telekinesis and full dakka at the rex.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 09, 2022, 12:44:55 am »

Kedia hugs her cat plush close and uses her brain to lift her shuriken rifle with Precision Telekinesis and full dakka at the rex.

(You know when I designed this fight I thought to myself "Hey Stirk, arn't you overdoing it? If this thing gets close enough it could tear them all to pieces!")

In contrast with your fellow Eldar's careful aim, you spray the dragon with wraithbone. With such a large target it is difficult to miss and countless hits strike true, again contrasting your comrade's single potent shot. Blood flies from the poor creature as it stumbles forward, crashing to the ground with a final thud. It has suffered the death of a thousand cuts. Or at least 9.

29 damage. Combat over.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47