Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40557 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2022, 09:23:55 pm »

"Unless there's a reason not to, yeah, same plan just makes sense."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2022, 12:59:00 pm »

A frustrating turn for sure. While it's a good excuse to dodge Marco's hospitality, it doesn't mean the Trader's happy with it. He wonders just how hard to crack said lieutenant is to freely offer his presence, even if it's a rude gesture to offer a subordinate to meet directly with another person at—theoretically—the same level.

++How hot is the current situation? The description of 'unscheduled live fire exercises' isn't quite as detailed as I'd want.++

"A low simmer, verging on poach. Actually, if you're so desperate for company, you could try asking the Governor to grant me a permit for tactical missile strikes to finish things off faster. Strictly localized, military targets only, of course."

You hear a gunshot. From how close it was to the communicator it was probably from the Rogue Trader.

"Unless there's a reason not to, yeah, same plan just makes sense."

((Any difference in positioning?))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2022, 08:58:45 pm »

((Are there rules which would make it easier to spot us if we're hiding nearer to the bait? Seems like it's ideal for me to be hidden within either 9 meters (half move 4 meters, get +10 BS) or 6 meters (half move 4 meters, get +30 BS.) unless that makes it easier for me be spotted.

I've read the descriptions of the Concealment and Awareness skills and neither of them mentions specific circumstances for changing the difficulty of hiding. So I guess it's for the GM to decide. Well if I can hide within 9 or 6 meters of the bait without being easier to see, I'd like to do that.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2022, 01:58:23 am »

++It's less a desperate need for companionship than an interest in the current situation, not in small part due to the Governor's interest in seeing this end without drastic measures, such as tactical missile strikes.++

++Of course part of the reason I'm contacting you is as a mediator of sorts, though honestly I'm also interested in prodding both of you as possible allies. How about a ceasefire for a week or so, if only so I can get a better look into both of you and the matter of the hunting argument?++
he asked, going straight into the problem. Might as well.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2022, 01:01:47 pm »

((Are there rules which would make it easier to spot us if we're hiding nearer to the bait? Seems like it's ideal for me to be hidden within either 9 meters (half move 4 meters, get +10 BS) or 6 meters (half move 4 meters, get +30 BS.) unless that makes it easier for me be spotted.

I've read the descriptions of the Concealment and Awareness skills and neither of them mentions specific circumstances for changing the difficulty of hiding. So I guess it's for the GM to decide. Well if I can hide within 9 or 6 meters of the bait without being easier to see, I'd like to do that.))

((It is pretty much up the the GM. Being closer will probably make you easier to spot noise/scent wise, but the difference between 6 and 9 meters probably won't be much unless there's cover in one place and not the other.

Catgirl also has a stealth suit that can help with being stealthy. Other than that do you have any preference for where the two of you will stand regards to the bait? Together or split up?))

++It's less a desperate need for companionship than an interest in the current situation, not in small part due to the Governor's interest in seeing this end without drastic measures, such as tactical missile strikes.++

++Of course part of the reason I'm contacting you is as a mediator of sorts, though honestly I'm also interested in prodding both of you as possible allies. How about a ceasefire for a week or so, if only so I can get a better look into both of you and the matter of the hunting argument?++
he asked, going straight into the problem. Might as well.

"Prodding both of us as allies? I don't know what you've been told, but we don't exactly get along. I'm not really looking to be... prodded... by anyone who's also prodding him. In fact, I'm not even particularly interested in stopping shooting at his men, at the moment.
Look, I can see why the Governor-General would like to see things calm down, especially with his daughter involved, but this is a matter of pride between Traders. I'm not really a 'backing down first' kind of guy. Maybe you should try talking the other guy down. I've got to go get back to killing some people. Have a nice day."

He ends the vox call on that note.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2022, 01:09:10 pm »

((I'll remove my carapace armor so I can benefit from my synskin's stealth, and wait from slightly closer this time.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2022, 02:14:31 pm »

Alright, set the bait on the trail and get out a little elf tape measure so that I can hide 6 meters away.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2022, 10:57:23 pm »

What is wrong with this man? As the vox-call ends, Lord-Captain Guerra's facial muscles twitch slightly, one of his hands resting on the pommel of his power sabre and the light squeak of leather gloves audible as his fingers move over the metal.

Maybe he'll have better luck with the other trader.

++Captain Marco Cordello, of the Guerra Dynasty. I've just arrived in the Ark Royal in orbit. Is warfare also taking up your time?++

Let's try the other one.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2022, 11:50:52 pm »

((I'll remove my carapace armor so I can benefit from my synskin's stealth, and wait from slightly closer this time.))

Alright, set the bait on the trail and get out a little elf tape measure so that I can hide 6 meters away.

You decide to get closer to your targets this time, hopefully not repeating the embarrassing mistake of the last hunt. Indaria removes her armor and is now in a suit of synthskin, significantly increasing her stealth abilities. You place the bait on the path and prepare it as the Chief had instructed, leaving its open guts for the beasts to eat. Said bait works immediately for several of the local insects, proving its potency if nothing else. You both wait 6 meters away in the thick underbrush. More successfully than last time. Probably since they showed up quicker this time.

You spot five walking down the path. At the head is the largest, striding faster than those behind him and confidently snatching the meat in his jaws and ripping off the choicest chunks. Behind him is the smallest, making noises next to the first as is if begging for scraps. The following two walk around the meal further down the path, sniffing along the mud as if looking for more. At the rear is the second largest, watching over the others protectively as they go about their business.

Big Raptor: 6m
Begging Raptor: 6m
Sniffing Raptor 1: 8m
Sniffing Raptor 2: 8m
Protective Raptor: 10m

What is wrong with this man? As the vox-call ends, Lord-Captain Guerra's facial muscles twitch slightly, one of his hands resting on the pommel of his power sabre and the light squeak of leather gloves audible as his fingers move over the metal.

Maybe he'll have better luck with the other trader.

++Captain Marco Cordello, of the Guerra Dynasty. I've just arrived in the Ark Royal in orbit. Is warfare also taking up your time?++

Let's try the other one.

I forgot to do the spy results earlier. So here they are:

Real spy work takes longer than browsing for unconfirmed rumors on the noosphere, and your men have had little time to find real results given the small timeframe from the time they order was given. Now that you have permission to reequip your ship they have begun attempting to narrow down the location of each side's base. While the merchants remain tight lipped their stocks speak for themselves; the Rogue Traders are using autoguns while the locals are issued lasguns. By finding the areas where shopkeepers are running low on autogun ammunition you'll be able to track down their supply chains and with that the location their men are stationed. With the knowledge of where their men are stationed, you'll be able to pick up chatter or question them. And do whatever you need to to their home base. Still this will take time as well, as of this moment they've only managed to narrow it down to the fortress layer. A competent spymaster getting involved would speed things up incredibly.

"I wouldn't say that. It's more of an enjoyable diversion crushing the rebellious elements who wish to deny me my rightful capture."

Presumably this is the "Honored Guest".

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2022, 12:04:09 am »

My target of choice is the Protective Raptor, and once again I'll be aiming and waiting for Kedia before I make my throw.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2022, 12:07:55 am »

Move to 2M from Big Raptor, use Fettered Precision Telekinesis to attack with bolas.

(Which I think winds up meaning that there's no rolls involved lol)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2022, 12:24:50 am »

++Do you have the time for a meeting or a talk or would that be too hard at the moment?++

Spy mission is a go.

"First Officer, I will need your services in intel collection. There's only so many rumors the ratings can bring back, and I've been reminded other Traders can be quite tricky to deal with."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 10:01:41 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2022, 12:34:41 am »

Move to 2M from Big Raptor, use Fettered Precision Telekinesis to attack with bolas.

(Which I think winds up meaning that there's no rolls involved lol)

There is still a chance to jam, which would transform into a chance to miss on Best quality weapons. Specifically so you never have 100% chance to succeed.

You leap out of the undergrowth to the surprise of the Raptor pack. You wind up your shot with your mind close enough that you could easily hit either of the targets on accident. Fortunately that makes hitting your designated target on purpose an easy task. Unsurprisingly you succeed this time! The flackgrass rope ties around the Raptor's leg...that sentence should end with "Legs" but it succeeded in the Agility test. So there is a particularly large, angry, unchained raptor 2 meters from you. And a less large, less angry, raptor the same distance that might also be a problem.

((Since you're so close, you can probably get another action in before it runs away this time)).

My target of choice is the Protective Raptor, and once again I'll be aiming and waiting for Kedia before I make my throw.

You see the Eldar jump out and throw her bolas at a very, very close Raptor. Your target screeches protectively at this assault on its comrade. You step up and make your throw, sending the beast tripping to the ground as your bolas entangle its legs. You've successfully entangled the Protective Raptor!

++Do you have the time for a meeting or a talk or would that bet too hard at the moment?++

"Of course I have time! You can visit my headquarters to pledge your service at your convenience. Just tell my men you have a meeting with Ruorí van Haustborg. Of course, you'll want to take pains to avoid any of Icewhite's forces on the way, unless you come armed and ready to start your new job early."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2022, 12:57:35 am »

Eh, close enough. Leap onto the beast's back!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 14, 2022, 01:17:05 am »

I step forward to secure my catch and roar myself to startle and intimidate them so that they don't pay to much attention to the vulner- WHAT is Kedia doing?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47