Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40516 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2022, 05:48:02 pm »

Symonne accepts the letter with a bow and tucks it carefully into her bag.

(zelda music)
You got the Letter of Introduction!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2022, 09:43:25 am »

"I'd like things simple and go with your suggested technique using the bolas. What about you Kedia?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2022, 12:35:17 pm »

"Excellent. I would be happy to help in that case." If the planet grows to have a station or maybe even a shipyard, Imperials this side of the Maw could have a safe haven and more captains would flock to protect this paradise in case of need.

"And before I forget, part of the reason we have come here is to receive express permission to move our shuttles without constant seeking greenlighting. Normally I wouldn't complain about bureaucracy—" he'd been Schola-taught after all! "—but now we would benefit even more from such a grant."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2022, 12:37:10 pm »

"I'd like things simple and go with your suggested technique using the bolas. What about you Kedia?"
Kedia nods.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2022, 11:45:19 pm »

"Excellent. I would be happy to help in that case." If the planet grows to have a station or maybe even a shipyard, Imperials this side of the Maw could have a safe haven and more captains would flock to protect this paradise in case of need.

"And before I forget, part of the reason we have come here is to receive express permission to move our shuttles without constant seeking greenlighting. Normally I wouldn't complain about bureaucracy—" he'd been Schola-taught after all! "—but now we would benefit even more from such a grant."

"Keep an eye out for any Mechanicus who can operate in the void while under fire then. I'll set you up for airspace priority. Your ships should be able to operate above the fortress without undue delay. Is there anything else you need?"

Kedia nods.

The cheif nods back. "Here is your bait then. Don't open it until you're in a good spot or it'll lose its potency." He hands you a leg of raw meat in a vacuum sealed package. Juice swells up at the bottom. "Remember to find a hiding spot that doesn't block you from swinging your bolas around. Too many young hunters think they've got a good spot then whack their bolas into a tree or branch since they didn't bother checking to see if they could swing. Look for a spot that looks like a trail for them. You'll get them faster if you're in a place they already are. We'll keep in touch on the microbead if you need anything. Make contact when you've got your targets all tied up and we'll come to your location to spook the rest away."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2022, 07:18:13 pm »

"A hotly-disputed talent." Marco dryly jokes before glancing at Symmone to check whether there's something else that should be brought up in this opportunity and which he's either forgotten or not even thought about. He is, unfortunately, slightly aloof in some situations. "First Officer?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2022, 06:54:49 am »

look for a pair of ambush positions, first one for Kedia, then one for myself. Then get into position and settle in to wait.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2022, 12:02:36 pm »

look for a pair of ambush positions, first one for Kedia, then one for myself. Then get into position and settle in to wait.

You walk along the bank followed by the Eldar. Before too long you find distinctive tracks of a Raptor in the mud. They match the feet the chief showed you at least, with telltale claw marks and a noticeable empty space where the raised claw should be. You manage to find a game trail connected to these tracks leading further into the jungle. Here you set up your ambush, putting the meat nicely in the path and finding undergrowth for you and your companion.

Hours pass by. Neither you or the Eldar is particularly stealthy, both end up rustling around ever few minutes as you adjust your bodies to be comfortable. Still it doesn't seem to be enough to draw your targets away, you hear their own rustling along with their own sound of communication. It doesn't look like the Eldar heard anything. Must be the helmet. Or lack of cat ears. Real ones I mean.

Four of the creatures walk down the game trail. The Eldar finally seems to notice when they're in visual range. The first one in line sniffs the air, discovering your bait and snapping its jaws over the bone. It is indeed a Raptor! The second of about the same size is following close behind. It bites into the other end of the bait, playing tug-of-war with its companion over who will get the small meal. Behind them stands the largest of the group. It is sniffing in the air but unlike the first two isn't looking at the meat. It is looking in the jungle on both sides. No doubt it is on to your ambush. Last in line is the smallest, meekly following the others and eyeing the bait without attempting to grasp it.

Bait Raptor 1: 11 meters from Kedia, 10 from Indaria
Bait Raptor 2: 11 meters from Indaria, 10 from Kedia
Suspicious Raptor: 12 meters from both
Meek Raptor: 13 meters from both.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2022, 01:15:10 pm »

(Shall I presume that in order to get the full benefit for the Aim action, we'll have to stand up and start twirling the bolas, leaving stealth? Also, does using Telekinesis make flashy purple lights around my head or something which would ruin stealth if I were to try and use it as a distraction?)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2022, 03:43:01 pm »

"Ah yes. The supplies assigned to the Ark Royal were apparently set apart assuming a small trader. I wouldn't be against seeking resupply in the countryside, but I admit to being interested in making sure there's enough peaches for the crew to enjoy." Lord-Captain Guerra adds as he raises the now-empty cup of peach tea.

"I am also interested in prospecting outside the fortress for resources given the chance, but that can wait until the situation with my fellow Traders has improved. With some luck and Emperor willing I might also recruit at least one of them and make sure there's no chance for their rivalry to run hot in this planet yet again."
>Yes?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2022, 03:50:13 pm »

Symonne thought the question over, but nothing immediate came to mind. Oh, there was always piles of administrative data-work to be done regarding refuel, resupply, appropriate places for shore leave, and so on...but those were relatively minor things, not worth the time of the ranking Imperial ruler of this world.

"I believe that was the last item on the agenda, Lord-Captain. I'm sure the other matters we have discussed will take up much of our attention for now."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2022, 04:16:57 pm »

"It was a pleasure, Governor-General Fasilides. May we meet again when there's better news to be had." he adds while setting the glass aside and offering a firm handshake.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2022, 11:03:32 pm »

(Shall I presume that in order to get the full benefit for the Aim action, we'll have to stand up and start twirling the bolas, leaving stealth? Also, does using Telekinesis make flashy purple lights around my head or something which would ruin stealth if I were to try and use it as a distraction?)

((To get the full benefit from the Aim action you'd need a weapon without Inaccurate. Unless you want to hit someone with it, you can probably use most psyker stuff while remaining hidden. Any Warp Weirdness will probably spook the Raptors if they recognize it as Warp Weirdness.))

"Ah yes. The supplies assigned to the Ark Royal were apparently set apart assuming a small trader. I wouldn't be against seeking resupply in the countryside, but I admit to being interested in making sure there's enough peaches for the crew to enjoy." Lord-Captain Guerra adds as he raises the now-empty cup of peach tea.

"I am also interested in prospecting outside the fortress for resources given the chance, but that can wait until the situation with my fellow Traders has improved. With some luck and Emperor willing I might also recruit at least one of them and make sure there's no chance for their rivalry to run hot in this planet yet again."

"It is certainly no small feat to keep a Cruiser fed. Should we truly attract ships from across the Void to my humble fortress I'm afraid we may just run out. I'll insure that the proper rations are distributed to your ship and preparations are made so your men may have shore leave."

"It was a pleasure, Governor-General Fasilides. May we meet again when there's better news to be had." he adds while setting the glass aside and offering a firm handshake.

"The Emperor has blessed us with this meeting, may he bless us with many more." He takes the handshake then signs the aquilla. Soon you finish your goodbyes and return to the elevator. In no time you've returned to your lander.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2022, 11:28:18 pm »

"The sooner we contact the Genetor, the sooner we may solve this. Update the Ark and the other officers on the situation; we might as well head straight to the outpost after sending a forewarning."

Genetor visitation time. Send a message ahead just in case though.
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2022, 11:57:37 pm »

Dangit, with 30 BS and only one bola, I'd really like a way to give myself better than 30% odds. Is there any chance that properly distracting it would help? Or that there's actually a bonus for hitting an unawares target buried somewhere in the book?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47