Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34702 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #645 on: November 24, 2023, 04:52:35 am »

(Not quoting to avoid unreadable walls)
Max, you appear to be dead-seriously arguing that Indaria's choice fucks you over because it provides an opportunity for Stirk to maybe have it narratively become a problem at some future date. I'd like to point out the same opportunity applies no matter what. A GM doesn't need an excuse to add an element to a story. If Indaria didn't have the item some NPC would.

Regarding your "making demands" argument. Your argument only works if Cael is the GM, and if the proposed consequences were simply the natural result of what was going on. He's not, and they aren't. The only thing I have demanded is "don't fucking kill her then, and I'm fine with retconning some things to make it palatable." You are attempting to put words into my mouth, saying I'm demanding things that I am not, and then attacking those nonexistent demands instead of responding to what I've actually said. Don't strawman people please.

Regarding the "Lenglon should be booted from the game as a problem player" argument, I invite you to edit what you have said once you've had some time to think things through.

Your section at the bottom was already addressed. You're busy explaining that what she did was a bad idea. I knew all that when she did it. Calm down and recognize what's going on here. If you want I could give you a full breakdown of why she made that choice, but that doesn't seem relevant right now.

Also, you seem to think my position is that I get what I want and give up nothing, which is absurd. Why do you think I made a point of stating that certain things from what I want for Indaria ARE negotiable? Because I expect I'm going to have to give ground on at least one of those and am prepared to do so. For example, one workable middle ground is to retcon things so that Indaria shows some self-preservation and doesn't fucking tell Marco about it. I would prefer to let her be completely open with him at all times, but if that's what needs to happen, then it's what needs to happen. Other solutions exist as well. Hence why I want to retcon things and plan them out a bit so that we don't stumble into another deadlock like this.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 06:31:07 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 24, 2023, 05:16:04 am »

(Not quoting to avoid unreadable walls)
Max, you appear to be dead-seriously arguing that Indaria's choice fucks you over because it provides an opportunity for Stirk to maybe have it narratively become a problem at some future date. I'd like to point out the same opportunity applies no matter what. A GM doesn't need an excuse to add an element to a story. If Indaria didn't have the item some NPC would. I think you might want to calm down and think some more.
[...]
Your section at the bottom was already addressed. You're busy explaining that what she did was a bad idea. I knew all that when she did it. Calm down and recognize what's going on here. If you want I could give you a full breakdown of why she made that choice, but that doesn't seem relevant right now.
I said the same thing twice in two different ways, you think I'm being ridiculous one time and telling you something you already know the other time. So which is it? Was it an evil choice or wasn't it?
Of course your framing the first time is obviously wrong: you argued that your character didn't make an evil choice because your character was the only one who could possibly have been harmed, so I pointed out that that isn't true. This has nothing to do with me being "fucked over" (the only person you fucked over was Caellath, and that was not by making the choice itself) and I already explained I'm (as a player) fine with your choice in its narrative context. I'm also completely calm and not mad at you, I'm just trying to explain that you're being inconsiderate.

Regarding your "making demands" argument. Your argument only works if Cael is the GM, and if the proposed consequences were simply the natural result of what was going on. He's not, and they aren't. The only thing I have demanded is "don't fucking kill her then, and I'm fine with retconning some things to make it palatable." You are attempting to put words into my mouth, saying I'm demanding things that I am not, and then attacking those nonexistent demands instead of responding to what I've actually said. Don't strawman people please.
My argument is the same regardless of that, because players also have the right to make their own choices. You literally just stated that you demanded something, then claimed that you didn't demand anything. If you demanded (you just said you did!) not to "fucking kill" Indaria and that you're "fine with retconning some things" (but saying that other things are non-negotiable), then you're demanding: "don't act the way you believe your character would act in this situation I personally created, even if the only way to 'make it palatable' would be to retcon things I said were non-negotiable". These things are equivalent.

Regarding the "Lenglon should be booted from the game as a problem player" argument, I invite you to edit what you have said once you've had some time to think things through.
I will change nothing and I stand by what I said, which, of course, isn't how you dishonestly characterize it, as usual. I continue to personally think there is no need for you to be booted from the game, but I think it would be entirely reasonable for other players to disagree, because you're behaving in that general direction.

Also, you seem to think my position is that I get what I want and give up nothing, which is absurd and you're smarter than. Why do you think I made a point of stating that certain things from what I want for Indaria ARE negotiable? Because I expect I'm going to have to give ground on at least one of those and am prepared to do so. For example, one workable middle ground is to retcon things so that Indaria shows some self-preservation and doesn't fucking tell Marco about it. I would prefer to let her be completely open with him at all times, but if that's what needs to happen, then it's what needs to happen. Other solutions exist as well. Hence why I want to retcon things and plan them out a bit so that we don't stumble into another deadlock like this.
No, your position is that you have to get the core of what you want - Indaria keeps the chaos artefact and you get to keep playing with it - and you give up only the things you feel willing to give up, but Caellath "has to give" and isn't allowed the same courtesy to decide that what you want is "unreasonable and unacceptable". Which, by the way, it really is.
Yes, obviously, you could change your story so that your character just lies to him and we all have to pretend not to know, but I hope it's obvious that that would be an incredible dick move. I imagine it would leave a sour taste in Caellath's mouth; it certainly would in mine. "Sorry, I wanted to tell you the truth, but your reaction was wrong, so I'm taking it back." Still, I'd accept it, but you can rest assured I'd be doing my best to find an excuse to uncover the truth afterward.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 06:44:39 am by Maximum Spin »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 24, 2023, 05:42:07 am »

So first, you didn't actually say the same thing those two different times, which is why you got different answers. You said it was evil, which I disagree with the moral code you used to make that judgement, the first time. The second time you said it fucks you over and how it does so, which I disagree with because I don't think it does, and I explained why that doesn't apply. You got two different answers because they were not the same argument.

I think the confusion on that is because there's an IC good/evil and an OOC good/evil. I think we agree that it's fine OOC, based on what you just said. I think we disagree on if it's evil IC. Which is... also fine? The two characters having different moral codes isn't even a problem in the first place, that just makes them different. So... what're we even arguing about?

Your second paragraph doesn't match up with what was actually said. Just, straight up, that never happened. Go back and look, quote me where I said  "don't act the way you believe your character would act in this situation I personally created, even if the only way to 'make it palatable' would be to retcon things I said were non-negotiable". I only have a single thing marked as non-negotiable, and it's just that I want to keep playing without generating an entirely new character. It's super late, I'm tired, I bet you're also tired, and you don't have your facts straight. I don't think you're lying, I just think you're misremembering and ready to fight.

Your second to last paragraph is an example of something someone will likely regret in the morning. I think you really mean, right now, everything that you've said, but I don't think that will remain true, though you being you you're probably stubborn enough to be unwilling to retract it even if you regret it, which I kinda get.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 06:32:19 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 24, 2023, 06:24:32 am »

So first, you didn't actually say the same thing those two different times, which is why you got different answers. You said it was evil, which I disagree with the moral code you used to make that judgement, the first time. The second time you said it fucks you over and how it does so, which I disagree with because I don't think it does, and I explained why that doesn't apply. You got two different answers because they were not the same argument.
In the paragraph at the top, and the paragraph plus ETA at the very bottom, I was making the same argument with two different phrasings. If you interpreted it as two different things, then perhaps I was unclear, but that's definitely not the intent. In particular, though, I absolutely never said anything about your action "fucking me over"; I did quote you saying "fucking over friendlies", but in a completely different context which wasn't referencing myself and didn't have any explanation because it wasn't even referring to that action.

I think the confusion on that is because there's an IC good/evil and an OOC good/evil. I think we agree that it's fine OOC, based on what you just said. I think we disagree on if it's evil IC. Which is... also fine? The two characters having different moral codes isn't even a problem in the first place, that just makes them different. So... what're we even arguing about?
There're several levels of IC/OOC judgement here, arguably. Let me run through them all (or all I can think of right now) for the sake of clarity. My character would view your character's action as an evil, but theoretically sympathizable, choice which endangered everyone's lives, would certainly not be okay with the chaos amulet being around if he knew about it, and would be completely unable to trust you not to make the same kind of choice again and possibly get everyone killed. I personally view your character's action as an evil and entirely unsympathetic, unforgiveable choice within the context of any universe (including that one) where it is established that dealing with dark powers can have unexpected consequences for everyone around you even potentially well down the line, and I would personally have no problem turning your character over to the Inquisition given that, once you have demonstrated a willingness to deal, there would be no way for me to know whether you might suddenly kill, or worse, everyone else at any future moment. When the danger is theoretically infinite, the only choice is decisive action. I personally view your choice, as a player, to take the deal as a perfectly reasonable narrative choice as far as it affects the game world, and am willing to continue playing the game with this development. I personally view your choice, as a player, to take the deal, insofar as it affects the other players, to be incredibly rude given that it should have been obvious that it would cause conflict that other players did not want, but it is somewhat ameliorated by the fact that I now see you clearly didn't expect that; however, I don't think you tried hard enough to make sure your actions wouldn't have consequences you consider "unacceptable" before taking them. You should have at least asked what other players would do if you were to do it, if it mattered to you.

Your second paragraph doesn't match up with what was actually said. Just, straight up, that never happened. Go back and look, quote me where I said  "don't act the way you believe your character would act in this situation I personally created, even if the only way to 'make it palatable' would be to retcon things I said were non-negotiable". I only have a single thing marked as non-negotiable, and it's just that I want to keep playing without generating an entirely new character. This kind of thing is why I said you might want to edit stuff out. It's super late, I'm tired, I bet you're also tired, and you don't have your facts straight. I don't think you're lying, I just think you're misremembering and ready to fight.
I genuinely don't see how you don't get it. I'm not saying you literally said those words, I'm saying those are the functional effect of you saying that 1) Caellath's clear statement of what he wanted to do is "unreasonable and unacceptable", and 2) there are things you consider non-negotiable. If that's the case, then you're saying there is a bright-line region where other players are not allowed to act the way they believe their characters would act. I also want to point out that, while you did only mark your third line as "non-negotiable", you also only offered room for negotiation in re: keeping the chaos artefact that included you not actually losing it for real, which implies that you consider it non-negotiable to have it removed or destroyed; you reacted badly to Caellath suggesting changing your decision to make the deal; and you also clearly reacted to my proposal that included destroying it with contempt. If that's not the case and you are willing to retcon its existence completely, then I acknowledge that it's true that you haven't specifically made any retcons non-negotiable; that was only my impression. That doesn't change, though, the thrust that you're declaring choices other players might make to be unacceptable without letting them do the same to you.

Your second to last paragraph is another example of something someone will likely regret in the morning. I think you really mean, right now, everything that you've said, but I don't think that will remain true, though you being you you're probably stubborn enough to be unwilling to retract it even if you regret it, which I kinda get.
No, I don't really regret things, the vast majority of the time, and if for some reason I did I would certainly be willing to admit it. Why do you think I would regret what I said? You seem to be talking about the paragraph where I specifically describe my position on kicking players out of a game, which I've done, so I doubt I'd regret it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 06:45:10 am by Maximum Spin »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 24, 2023, 06:29:17 am »

regarding evil. if I'm reading it correctly, we don't actually have anything we (the players, not the characters) have to address here. No real disagreements. So moving on.

next part is the meat of the matter, I'll address that in a second, because IMO it's the most important bit for actually solving things, even if it's not anything to do with what I'm mad at you for Max.

and finally there's the end bits. first regarding kicking players out, you haven't made your position clear, and frankly I don't want to argue about it. The way you phrased things made you come accross as saying exactly what I characterized it as. You know, the characterization you called dishonest? It wasn't dishonest. If you weren't saying that then you suck at communication.

I think that if I'm coming across as supercilious (which I had to google), then I'm fucking up. So I'll need to work on that. When (not if, no way am I going to get this right at first), you spot that happening, please PM me a quote of what I'm doing so I can cut it out. What I'm trying to do is to take the high road and not respond to you going out of your way to start a fight for fighting's sake, and I had to stop myself from making a really direct response calling you out on it. So what I replaced it with was pretty much what I told myself when I made myself stop writing that reply.

Also, it's silly how you claim to think I want a fight considering how many times I had to stop myself from accusing you of writing self-contradictory lies just to get a rise out of me and attempt to cause a fight.

and now to the meat of the matter
I genuinely don't see how you don't get it. I'm not saying you literally said those words, I'm saying those are the functional effect of you saying that 1) Caellath's clear statement of what he wanted to do is "unreasonable and unacceptable", and 2) there are things you consider non-negotiable. If that's the case, then you're saying there is a bright-line region where other players are not allowed to act the way they believe their characters would act. I also want to point out that, while you did only mark your third line as "non-negotiable", you also only offered room for negotiation in re: keeping the chaos artefact that included you not actually losing it for real, which implies that you consider it non-negotiable to have it removed or destroyed; you reacted badly to Caellath suggesting changing your decision to make the deal; and you also clearly reacted to my proposal that included destroying it with contempt. If that's not the case and you are willing to retcon its existence completely, then I acknowledge that it's true that you haven't specifically made any retcons non-negotiable; that was only my impression. That doesn't change, though, the thrust that you're declaring choices other players might make to be unacceptable without letting them do the same to you.
So we've got two things to cover here, and I think the second will resolve the first. The first is the bright-line region, which I do believe exists, but I think it's smaller and less encompassing than you think it is. And the second section where I gave examples of easilly accepted variants of the points I want to argue for, I think you thought those were the only acceptable ones. They were not, not even close. They're just mild examples that I was and still am prepared to accept instantly without any argument. Other, stronger, versions also exist and are also acceptable, though I'll want to talk them through first instead of them being the auto-ins the given examples are.

I think that showing how the bright-line region as you called it is much smaller than you described, solves this.

Now, my only lasting grievance with you is this piece of shit.
Yes, obviously, you could change your story so that your character just lies to him and we all have to pretend not to know, but I hope it's obvious that that would be an incredible dick move. I imagine it would leave a sour taste in Caellath's mouth; it certainly would in mine. "Sorry, I wanted to tell you the truth, but your reaction was wrong, so I'm taking it back." Still, I'd accept it, but you can rest assured I'd be doing my best to find an excuse to uncover the truth afterward.
To quote yourself:
in the context of the game, your value as a player of the game is the enjoyment you are giving to other players. If people don't enjoy playing with you, your value as a player is negative and other people are not required to play with you. As of this last post, I feel that I have officially moved firmly into that camp, but I think this is something you can understand if you try to empathize with the other players.
You're literally declaring a personal vendetta against me, saying that even after the conflict between me and Cael is resolved you're going to hunt me down and fuck me over. By your own reasoning, you should kick yourself out.

Please retract your declaration of a vendetta. Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 07:26:36 am by Lenglon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 24, 2023, 11:25:39 am »

So, how about that de-escalation?

I kinda figured waiting would fix the problem (that means I was too lazy to handle it on Thanksgiving)

And I'm still waiting for Cael to bring literally anything to the table here. So far he's stated that his hard line is remove Indaria from play permanantly at a minimum, which completely unreasonable and unacceptable, so he's going to have to give, since I've already given quite a lot and don't have a lot more room to work with. I would like to talk this out like functional adults, but a negotiation requires more than one participant, and Cael isn't posting.

Caellath’s position expressed privately is that he doesn’t wanna get in a fight OOC and is more willing to leave the game then argue.

It's entirely possible that in a future situation, Stirk could decide for any reason that the chaos artefact becomes a problem - it would be narratively natural. It's clear to me now that you really don't have any clue what you actually did.

Having it be an artifact instead of an innate power was intended to be the daemon screwing you over, since any Imperial who saw a cursed artifact they recognized would shoot on sight (though it would allow you to infiltrate Chaos cults easier). Furthermore Indaria’s homeworld is currently being investigated by an Inquisitor who knows her personally by her backstory, one of the plot NPCs for next ark…

I don't think you understand how much of an asshole you are being here. Cael is almost certainly deeply uncomfortable with the position you have put him in because he doesn't want to make a choice that will hurt your feelings, but doesn't see any other way out for his character that preserves his own desire to play the game.

“Sick to my stomach” was his word choice.

So here are the options for moving the game forward.

-We don’t

-Marco executes Indaria, Indaria spends a fate point to revive and continues playing as not-part of the retinue.

-Marco executes/releases Indaria to her natural habitat, Leglon makes a new character.

-Marco has a massive heart attack due to the news and spends the rest of the game in intensive care. Someone else takes control of the ship.

-Your ship runs into a temporal anomaly retconning things back before Indaria told Marco she was a heretic, or back to the casino where this time she looses and gets corrupted.

-The players figure something else out
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 24, 2023, 02:40:11 pm »

I think that if I'm coming across as supercilious (which I had to google), then I'm fucking up. So I'll need to work on that. When (not if, no way am I going to get this right at first), you spot that happening, please PM me a quote of what I'm doing so I can cut it out. What I'm trying to do is to take the high road and not respond to you going out of your way to start a fight for fighting's sake, and I had to stop myself from making a really direct response calling you out on it. So what I replaced it with was pretty much what I told myself when I made myself stop writing that reply.
I'm not trying to start a fight for fighting's sake any more than you're being supercilious on purpose (if you genuinely aren't, which I'm willing to accept). So far the one thing I do regret is assuming you were being intentionally patronizing. In my experience, I would say that, absent an intimate personal connection (in real life), assuming another person's emotional state, such as telling people to calm down or saying someone will regret something later, is generally inappropriate. It comes off as implying, "your argument is so dumb that you must be crazy and overemotional to think that". I know that I've come close to this at least once here as well, and I'm willing to take that back too.

Also, it's silly how you claim to think I want a fight considering how many times I had to stop myself from accusing you of writing self-contradictory lies just to get a rise out of me and attempt to cause a fight.
I'm not claiming to think you want a fight. I also haven't written any self-contradictory lies. If you think anything I said was self-contradictory or a lie, then you're not interpreting it the way I intended. I am happy to try to clarify again. I think you're mistaking me being blunt for trying to start a fight - if I think you're doing something wrong or being an asshole I'm going to tell you, but that's not because I want to fight.
and now to the meat of the matter
[...]So we've got two things to cover here, and I think the second will resolve the first. The first is the bright-line region, which I do believe exists, but I think it's smaller and less encompassing than you think it is. And the second section where I gave examples of easilly accepted variants of the points I want to argue for, I think you thought those were the only acceptable ones. They were not, not even close. They're just mild examples that I was and still am prepared to accept instantly without any argument. Other, stronger, versions also exist and are also acceptable, though I'll want to talk them through first instead of them being the auto-ins the given examples are.

I think that showing how the bright-line region as you called it is much smaller than you described, solves this.
See, this is really the core of the dispute here. You seem to think you're being reasonable and offering plenty of compromise; I don't understand how you could possibly think other players owe you a reaction you're okay with to your own choice at all. I also think you're underselling the extent of your actual bright line, because you've been talking about "don't kill your character", when nobody has even suggested that - the worst that was proposed was that Indaria be fired, not killed, which isn't even the same as being made unplayable. There are lots of ways you could react to that in-character that could keep the game going with you in it, whether by becoming a villain or by following the RT to try your hardest to get back into his good graces. I want to stress that my assumption about your unwillingness to give up the artefact was about more than just your not including it in the list, because you also reacted badly to proposals including it, but if you insist that you're willing to consider that as a possibility then I'll accept that and it doesn't matter anymore.
Now, my only lasting grievance with you is this piece of shit.
To quote yourself:
in the context of the game, your value as a player of the game is the enjoyment you are giving to other players. If people don't enjoy playing with you, your value as a player is negative and other people are not required to play with you. As of this last post, I feel that I have officially moved firmly into that camp, but I think this is something you can understand if you try to empathize with the other players.
You're literally declaring a personal vendetta against me, saying that even after the conflict between me and Cael is resolved you're going to hunt me down and fuck me over. By your own reasoning, you should kick yourself out.

Please retract your declaration of a vendetta. Thank you.
You're honestly very strange to me.
First of all, a dispute between just two players which other players don't care about is not the same as one player causing problems for multiple people. It is, at worst, cause for one of those players to leave if he wants to, like Caellath apparently does. I'd like to point out, in support of this, once again, that I said I didn't want to kick you out, I only brought it up in the context of saying that, if even that level of punishment (in-game, effectively, annihilation) is justified in the context of a player becoming a problem for others, then it's obvious that players don't have the right to demand certain limits to the treatment of their characters. So there's no rational universe where "by my own reasoning, I should kick myself out" - that's for Stirk to do if he thinks I'm being that much of a problem for all the other players in general, which I can't imagine being the case. Although I will say that, based on the reactions to this dispute and how it developed so far, I'd much rather have Caellath than you if it comes down to choosing between the two, because in that case I feel like this problem will not recur.

Second, me trying to find out, in-character, a secret that I know you're hiding out-of-character is not a vendetta. It may not be exceptionally kind, when the secret is something this serious, but it's a normal human response to being told something and then being expected to honor take-backsies because you didn't get the reaction you wanted. My character is just a paranoid person in general and is going to be suspicious of everyone after an event like that; you're just the lucky one who actually has something to hide. But this is an RPG - you should be reacting -in-character if you don't want your secret getting out, by hiding it well and perhaps avoiding people who seem to be suspicious of you. I think this is the theme I keep coming back to, really... you are trying to make out-of-character limits on how people respond to your choices in-character, instead of playing the hand you dealt yourself, and I think that's fundamentally the wrong and a rather toxic approach to take to a TTRPG. If you had set out your limits ahead of time, I would have firmly said "no". Feeling that you're being "fucked over" by other people playing their characters the way they want (while you get to play yours the way you want by taking deals with daemons) is the essence of what I'm describing as a problem player. It's not what I would consider a healthy way to play.

Caellath’s position expressed privately is that he doesn’t wanna get in a fight OOC and is more willing to leave the game then argue. [...] “Sick to my stomach” was his word choice.
This is what I figured and it's also deeply disappointing to me. Given that... not that I'd hate taking the rogue trader position over, but I think that, if he is committed to that decision,
-We don’t
becomes the best option.
Especially since, as much as I actually like Egan, I don't think this attitude is exactly mutual, so we don't really have any cohesive group left.
If Caellath will come back, though, and I really want to express that I think this situation is not his fault and he has nothing to feel sick over, then I think this can still be resolved in a way that is basically acceptable to everyone if he will participate in negotiations.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 24, 2023, 03:38:14 pm »

Stirk, I would like to go back to before Indaria went and told Marco and have her, you know, NOT be a moron?

Failing that, I do see where most of those other options you listed are possibilities.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 24, 2023, 03:48:05 pm »

I appreciate your thoughts and feelings on the matter, Spin. At the moment I'm also leaning towards
-We don’t

I'm running on low sleep followed up by work and I've only recently arrived home before having lunch and getting on the computer, so I won't stick around for long before a long and well-deserved rest though.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 24, 2023, 03:49:52 pm »

I think another bullet point would be that Inadria gets fired but remains as a position-less grunt: assuming that Merilia is as hyper lethal as death worlds tend to be, we'll probably want a guide.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 24, 2023, 04:07:49 pm »

Cael, if the choice is between -we don't, and removing Indaria from the game, I'd prefer to remove myself from the equation. I think there's other options that are better, but if push comes to shove, I'd prefer to be able to spectate a still-alive game.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 24, 2023, 04:54:58 pm »

Especially since, as much as I actually like Egan, I don't think this attitude is exactly mutual,
look do you want me to call you weird and dangerous or not

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 24, 2023, 05:03:20 pm »

Especially since, as much as I actually like Egan, I don't think this attitude is exactly mutual,
look do you want me to call you weird and dangerous or not
I do like it, yes. I wouldn't say anything needs to change.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 24, 2023, 08:18:13 pm »

Cael, if the choice is between -we don't, and removing Indaria from the game, I'd prefer to remove myself from the equation.

I can also accept this alternative if the other players are ok with it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 24, 2023, 08:26:04 pm »

I wanted to let Indaria play on the edge of things, treat the offered choices as actual choices, and to not play into the forced extremism that 40k is known for. Thought that since RTs are human but outside the normal imperial structure, and with more freedom to do as they pleased, that it could be done here. I had forgotten that freedom and choice is a privilege of power. She needed to be the RT herself if she was going to do that. As things are, she's a problem now, and will be a problem again the next time something like this comes up. Nobody wants this kind of drama.

Cael, have Marco shoot Indaria on the spot. Don't give her a chance to fight back.

I'll just leave.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47