Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34853 times)

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #360 on: August 24, 2022, 02:41:06 pm »

Looks good. Any preference for how you show up in story?
I'd need to read recent in-game events a bit more closely than I currently have to give a decent answer to that. But even then I'd probably have no real preference, given the character's somewhat mercenary when it comes to working with humans. He can just be slotted in whenever IMO. Just give me a heads up if there's anything special you wanna do with Tallion's entry.

Your sheet kept the same starting item as my character and I'm not sure if that's intentional.
Thank for telling me, I'll fix it.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2022, 02:44:16 pm »

(ignore this, accidentally posted twice)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 02:45:55 pm by Karsus the Mad »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 25, 2022, 08:27:44 am »

There's been an update two days ago and I was the only one to post by the way.

And Karsus, you could maybe be an acquaintance of our weird eldar navigator and maybe part of the corsair group who are supporting us and whose base we've recently left. Kedia has done work for corsairs for some centuries I believe.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 25, 2022, 09:18:57 am »

Busy week for me, and my next decision is a long-term one so I don't want to make it off-the-cuff
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 25, 2022, 01:32:28 pm »

Looks good. Any preference for how you show up in story?
I'd need to read recent in-game events a bit more closely than I currently have to give a decent answer to that. But even then I'd probably have no real preference, given the character's somewhat mercenary when it comes to working with humans. He can just be slotted in whenever IMO. Just give me a heads up if there's anything special you wanna do with Tallion's entry.

Your sheet kept the same starting item as my character and I'm not sure if that's intentional.
Thank for telling me, I'll fix it.

I'll probably just have the Jester bring you in then, given the RT was begging him for new allies.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 26, 2022, 04:59:21 pm »

Alright @Karsus the Mad, that is your queue (literally).

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 26, 2022, 05:13:09 pm »

exhausted, typing up thoughts while I have them so I can build my action later.
raptor role possibilities: entertain, travel, labor, combat - probably pick combat or travel, leaning combat
combat role subcatagories: stalk, pick, flank, engage, battle-line, guard, counter-engage, disrupt, shock
protective nature favors guard and counter-engage, disfavors stalk, pick, flank.

guard is straightforward, focuses on alertness, awareness, durability, and disables. role is to protect partner from hostile stalk/pick/flank combatants. don't think is correct because Indaria was able to sneak so close to it for the capture.

counter-engage is likely role pick, concept is they stay in the rear until a threat attempts to close in on their partner. they then perform a high-speed lethal intercept, focusing on dealing massive damage and short-term disables to eliminate the threat very quickly and then fall back again. general position in fights is behind their partner, leaping forward when their partner comes under attack to perform the counter-engage, and then falling back again after the threat has been eliminated. Arguably they treat their partner like the bait in a trap, and they themselves are the jaws that snap closed when someone messes with the bait. The partner's defenses and survival is their own problem, the counter-engager can assist with that - AFTER the threat has been eliminated - but that's a secondary job.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 26, 2022, 06:36:55 pm »

Probably wise. Raptor can hide, is fast, and does a lot of damage, but probably gets torn up by machineguns and such if we don't get them armor.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 30, 2022, 10:09:29 am »

Remembered to edit one of my posts to give the cryptic question a reply. I also forget the lore for sure but I'm fairly sure we aren't able to pinpoint location through Astropathic messages, though at least knowing whether it comes from the Expanse or through the Maw would be helpful.

And hey, maybe flack is their local version of flak, just spoken (and written with) an accent.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 30, 2022, 11:17:46 pm »

Remembered to edit one of my posts to give the cryptic question a reply. I also forget the lore for sure but I'm fairly sure we aren't able to pinpoint location through Astropathic messages, though at least knowing whether it comes from the Expanse or through the Maw would be helpful.

And hey, maybe flack is their local version of flak, just spoken (and written with) an accent.

Post editing will be the death of me one day. Consider the message sent and expect a reply in an in-game week.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 11:19:47 pm by Stirk »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 02, 2022, 06:46:06 pm »

So, does treating mounts like vehicles mean that they won't do anything unless I spend actions specifically making them do stuff? I kinda liked the implied mechanics of the Wrangling skill being that they'll do whatever on their turn, or I can half action to direct them. That way I can train em to rush the big spiky dude and then use my action on an Invocation or something.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 02, 2022, 07:36:18 pm »

So, does treating mounts like vehicles mean that they won't do anything unless I spend actions specifically making them do stuff? I kinda liked the implied mechanics of the Wrangling skill being that they'll do whatever on their turn, or I can half action to direct them. That way I can train em to rush the big spiky dude and then use my action on an Invocation or something.

Yes, presumably most people don't want to move randomly across the battlefield I guess.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 02, 2022, 08:00:03 pm »

Then they should have to burn a Wrangling half action for that, and also they're cowards.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 26, 2022, 01:30:09 am »

So, um, I feel like we've gotten to practice with our Raptors plenty and all, but there isn't much else for us to do at the moment. If we still have a ton of time we could try teaching them new tricks and making sure they aren't prone to any incidents and practice working together and so on, but I think you might want us to... ya know... not? It seems like for balance reasons it would be better if we didn't.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 26, 2022, 10:53:31 am »

So, um, I feel like we've gotten to practice with our Raptors plenty and all, but there isn't much else for us to do at the moment. If we still have a ton of time we could try teaching them new tricks and making sure they aren't prone to any incidents and practice working together and so on, but I think you might want us to... ya know... not? It seems like for balance reasons it would be better if we didn't.

Trying to figure out the balance between an animal companion and just getting an intelligent human bodyguard will probably drive me mad. I don't particularly care if you keep training, but it seems you're kinda bored of it and should probably move on to something else if so. You had the space suit sidequest you wanted to do, but can probably just do whatever else if you want.

I didn't plan for more people being on the side quests than the main mission >_>

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47