Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34817 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #330 on: August 15, 2022, 09:28:05 am »

I suggest either ace imperial pilot or eldar corsair. If you go elfdar, it'd probably be good to have a connection with the corsairs whose base we left behind, or with our navigational elf.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 15, 2022, 01:14:52 pm »

Elf banter is welcomed. Don't have any opinions on the build really.

But reformed "dark elf" or piratical "corsair elf" then?

Depends on how much casual antagonism you want, I guess. Kedia has worked with corsairs for a long time, though without really considering herself "one of them." As a voidship navigator she would have gone on a lot of voyages and I figure she didn't really care where she went or worked for most of the time, thus sorta drifting over a lifetime from proper fleet work to pirates.
Or at least, that's what I figure makes sense.

Would probably have some disdain for a "reformed" cabalite.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 15, 2022, 01:58:32 pm »

Yeah, I believe corsair makes more sense overall and would likely meld better with the crew. We can have a single elfdar containment area too instead of creating yet another one for the junkie ex-dark eldar.

No xeno breeding within the Ark though.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 15, 2022, 02:24:55 pm »

I'll have to look into how breeding even works for elves. Surely it's some kind of rare and highly involved process.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 15, 2022, 06:04:40 pm »

Yeah, I believe corsair makes more sense overall and would likely meld better with the crew. We can have a single elfdar containment area too instead of creating yet another one for the junkie ex-dark eldar.

Okay, then the corsair it shall be. I'll get to work on assembling the character and try to have it posted soon.

No xeno breeding within the Ark though.

We can "breed" if we wanna "breed", it's not like you'll have eyes on us 24/7... you need to sleep sometime...

I'll have to look into how breeding even works for elves. Surely it's some kind of rare and highly involved process.

As I understand it, yes... it's a fairly involved process for the elfdar. That's both part of the reason why their a "dying race" and why they try to make their enemies pay dearly for each Aeldari that dies. They're nowhere near as fertile as humans to begin with, and it's not as simple as "a night of passion, then nine months later...". IIRC, due to the complexity of their genome, it generally takes multiple "sessions" to achieve fertilization; often over the course of weeks or months before proper gestation even begins I think. Sometimes even resulting in an Aeldari child having more than one paternal sire.

There's kind of a reason why there's still so few of them left (though always seemingly just enough) even after 10,000 years. It's also why a faction as violent and depraved as the Dark Eldar utilize essentially vat grown babies to help keep their numbers up, they'd have died off to their own attrition rate long ago otherwise.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 16, 2022, 08:21:54 am »

Xeno debauchery will result in a long walk out of a short airlock.

Another thing I forgot to ask is if the local specialties have any bonus to the acquisition test or if the ease of finding those is already covered by the alternate side quests for failure cases.

Also the current commission has reached 7 warships. I have no brakes.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 16, 2022, 12:03:01 pm »

Xeno debauchery will result in a long walk out of a short airlock.

Another thing I forgot to ask is if the local specialties have any bonus to the acquisition test or if the ease of finding those is already covered by the alternate side quests for failure cases.

Also the current commission has reached 7 warships. I have no brakes.

Depending on the item it either receives a bonus (lasgun accessories on Rook's Crown) or a penalty elsewhere (you can roll to buy a dinosaur on say, Merilia, but supply and demand says it'll be harder to buy). These are functionally the same thinking about it.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 17, 2022, 11:40:11 am »

Has anyone ever played in a RT game with a ship that had a nova cannon? I'm actually curious now since that thing's so expensive both to purchase and maintain that it seems to be the rarest type of combat component to ever be used.

And I remembered finding availability for Crew somewhere, and as it happens it was in the core rulebook.
Quote from: Core Rulebook, pg.226
Restoring Crew Population can only occur at a planet inhabited by humans. The captain can make an Acquisition Test to restore his Crew Population to maximum, hiring  on  new crew members from among the locals. The availability of the crew should be considered Common (+20), though this can depend on the world. A hive world may have a large enough population that crew are considered Abundant (+50), while an isolated outpost may put a premium on manpower (Scarce or even Rare). The GM can choose to add bonuses or penalties due to the scale and quality (craftsmanship) of the crew being hired as well. Failure, of course, means the Explorers must look elsewhere for their crew. See page 271 for more information.

(...)

No attempts to restore a starship’s Crew Population or Morale can increase these values above the starship’s maximum Crew Population or Morale values. Any Acquisition Tests made to restore Crew Population or Morale do not count against the number of Acquisitions an Explorer may make in a game session.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 12:02:30 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 17, 2022, 12:30:27 pm »

Has anyone ever played in a RT game with a ship that had a nova cannon? I'm actually curious now since that thing's so expensive both to purchase and maintain that it seems to be the rarest type of combat component to ever be used.

And I remembered finding availability for Crew somewhere, and as it happens it was in the core rulebook.
Quote from: Core Rulebook, pg.226
Restoring Crew Population can only occur at a planet inhabited by humans. The captain can make an Acquisition Test to restore his Crew Population to maximum, hiring  on  new crew members from among the locals. The availability of the crew should be considered Common (+20), though this can depend on the world. A hive world may have a large enough population that crew are considered Abundant (+50), while an isolated outpost may put a premium on manpower (Scarce or even Rare). The GM can choose to add bonuses or penalties due to the scale and quality (craftsmanship) of the crew being hired as well. Failure, of course, means the Explorers must look elsewhere for their crew. See page 271 for more information.

(...)

No attempts to restore a starship’s Crew Population or Morale can increase these values above the starship’s maximum Crew Population or Morale values. Any Acquisition Tests made to restore Crew Population or Morale do not count against the number of Acquisitions an Explorer may make in a game session.

Sure have. Though come to think of it that game didn't actually involve any space combat.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 17, 2022, 12:40:10 pm »

Was it ever fired at least, even if not during battle? Or used for intimidation? 👀
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 17, 2022, 10:48:22 pm »

Was it ever fired at least, even if not during battle? Or used for intimidation? 👀

We ended up with an orbital strike, but I'm pretty sure we just used the autocannons for that.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 18, 2022, 09:41:04 am »

I think it bears mentioning again, but if any ally following Marco's orders (like Symonne) ends up rolling for a test while doing their thing, feel free to claim the +10 from Exceptional Leader.

I'm running out of ideas. Also, it does hit me that Triggvaldr might be interested in the fact we're dealing with Eldar. Plus I was talking to Sirus over Discord about how his apparently unnatural charisma might be the result of that xeno-modification, like pheromone glands for example. Just theories for now.

Edit: as an extra note Stirk, when there's tests could we get a spoiler pointing out there were rolls and the result? I ask only because it's good to double-check results.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 09:50:17 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 18, 2022, 10:08:54 am »

Edit: as an extra note Stirk, when there's tests could we get a spoiler pointing out there were rolls and the result? I ask only because it's good to double-check results.
As long as you don't expect me to ever open that spoiler, because I prefer the rolls obfuscated myself.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 18, 2022, 10:38:17 am »

I don't expect you to, honestly. The part about showing the resulting die roll isn't even necessary since I just like double-checking; the most important part is knowing when there's been a roll and the DoF/DoS so we can know when to re-roll, for example.
>Yes?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 18, 2022, 10:53:32 am »

Oh yeah, forgot about that mechanic.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47