Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34899 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #300 on: August 04, 2022, 04:24:11 pm »

@Sirus

Are you going to want to do anything with the Governor too?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 05, 2022, 02:20:59 pm »

I was reading SoI's treasure generator again and I'd forgotten one of the archeotech bonuses can be a problem rather than a boon in case of lighter critical hits. Getting unpowered is a worse than getting depressurized or (in some cases) catching on fire, but it can also be worse than being damaged or unpowered by a critical depending on whether you can use Emergency Repairs to get it back online sooner, like you can with hit components.
This Component is shielded by a vast and powerful field that crackles to life whenever it would be damaged. Unfortunately, this field draws a great deal of power away from the Component itself. Whenever this Component would suffer the effects of a Critical Hit, it ignores those effects, but becomes unpowered or otherwise non-functional for 1d5 Strategic Rounds as the field overdraws the energy that it normally uses (or the Power that it generates).
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 05, 2022, 04:23:26 pm »

PS: Does anyone have a preference for the Ark Royal's color scheme? I was thinking about going similar to the Battlefleet Calixis since they're supposed to have been part of it, but maybe a lighter gray and a splash of blue and white to mix with the crimson prow (to be a reference to GB's flag, what with the name's origin).

The question is because I might or might not have found an artist I've commissioned to draw the ship.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 05, 2022, 04:36:12 pm »

It might have been part of Battlefleet Calixis once, but I imagine that it received at least a partial paint job after retiring partly out of Rogue Trader sensibilities and partly so it isn't visibly part of the Battlefleet anymore. Imagine the damage a Chaos Warlord could inflict if they managed to sneak a carrier within easy striking range of an Imperial fleet!

Your idea sounds pretty good. I just haven't really put a lot of thought into what colors the ship might be painted in.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 05, 2022, 04:45:04 pm »

To be fair, in RT comms contact is established even before visual contact is made.

And it could have been from another Battlefleet, now that I think about it. At least the prow's gold trim and torpedo ports should probably be kept as sign of the Ark's previous military service.

Edit: then again there seems to be slight confusion about whether the color of the trim for Battlefleet Calixis is silver or gold.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 12:54:55 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 08, 2022, 02:58:55 pm »

Stirk, I forgot to ask but do the instructions given to us allow for the excuse of mining or should we just go for the half-truth of an archeological dig?

And now we're having trouble with payment, but I hope that doesn't kill the commission. I do have a second artist available though.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 08, 2022, 10:21:44 pm »

Stirk, I forgot to ask but do the instructions given to us allow for the excuse of mining or should we just go for the half-truth of an archeological dig?

And now we're having trouble with payment, but I hope that doesn't kill the commission. I do have a second artist available though.

Instructions assume a more or less straight dig into an underground cavern. Mining excuse would seem plausible, but tell him whatever you want. I'd personally go with "I just really like digging holes man. Its my thing." You won't need to excavate the entire area, just a big enough hole to get a guy down there.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 08, 2022, 10:27:41 pm »

We do have like, one cat and one cat-fanatic. Maybe swapping Kedia's cat ears for dog ears will switch her gears.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 09, 2022, 11:41:48 am »

Sidequest Gene Trader

Reward: High-Quality "Cybernetic" upgrade to one individual or animal. Rarity ceiling based off of how quest was completed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 10, 2022, 01:30:34 pm »

Since crew is tied to SP, we can count them as starship components with Near Unique (Crack) or Unique (Veteran) following BFK guidelines for components rather than troops. This could be used to either represent upgraded equipment and training or crew depending on context.

Does the discount in Naval installations apply? Using those numbers, a Light(+0), Modern(-10), Infantry(+0), Elite(-30), Army(Vast, -30) is the same rarity as Veteran crew.

>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 10, 2022, 10:55:20 pm »

Since crew is tied to SP, we can count them as starship components with Near Unique (Crack) or Unique (Veteran) following BFK guidelines for components rather than troops. This could be used to either represent upgraded equipment and training or crew depending on context.

Does the discount in Naval installations apply? Using those numbers, a Light(+0), Modern(-10), Infantry(+0), Elite(-30), Army(Vast, -30) is the same rarity as Veteran crew.

Sure. Of course if you arn't at a Naval Installation it'll be different :V

@Sirus Do you want a Spy mission? Kinda seems like you're falling behind in screen time when you're with the RT.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 10, 2022, 11:13:47 pm »

I guess the question is very likely academical since it'll be hard to find Navy installations in this situation, and even if we do then when it comes to acquisitions at -50 or -70 a whole-ass voidship will be favored if any's available.

Also IronyOwl wants to know if the Genetor is single.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 11, 2022, 12:04:55 am »

I guess the question is very likely academical since it'll be hard to find Navy installations in this situation, and even if we do then when it comes to acquisitions at -50 or -70 a whole-ass voidship will be favored if any's available.

Also IronyOwl wants to know if the Genetor is single.

She is. She's secretly wanted to find a partner to undergo the Rite of Duplessence with but has yet to find the right person.

...At least he didn't ask about the gun hand guy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 11, 2022, 01:23:13 am »

well I see the dice are behaving as usual.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 11, 2022, 01:57:57 pm »

@Sirus Do you want a Spy mission? Kinda seems like you're falling behind in screen time when you're with the RT.
Sure, I wouldn't mind trying something a bit more active. I'm just really busy with work and school prep, and since Caellath's been handling the talky bits pretty solidly on his own there isn't much for Symonne to add.

I was trying to think of a way to get that gene sample last night, but fell asleep before that happened.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 47