Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34751 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2022, 09:36:27 pm »

Vessel of the Fleet is from Into the Storm, pages 154-155. It's part of the ship packages that replaces randomly rolling for the ship's history. In this case the vessel is ex-Navy so your Command tests work better and it has a finest hour/last stand style bonus where it can fight on while crippled on a successful test from the commander.

At its cheapest it has the same bonuses but the Imperial Navy hates you, so I usually go with the 2 SP package since it still isn't a high price to pay (and instead of being enemies with the Navy you now have Good Reputation with them).
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2022, 02:05:10 am »

Spoiler: Proposed ship (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 09:51:21 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2022, 07:54:28 am »

So not only is that ship even nicer-looking than the original, it's cheaper too? I call this a win-win.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2022, 10:16:06 am »

I'm happy with it too, but would like our RT (Hey Maximum Spin!) to approve and name it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2022, 10:54:13 am »

You are only supposed to have one of each Essential component. You have two Gellar fields in this design.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2022, 10:41:56 pm »

That makes the most sense, but I wanted to double-check. Thanks!

There we go, fluff added. I also replaced the plasma grenade with a geode grenade, for the extra blast radius. It's not quite frag grenade level, but it's about as strong and actually has armor penetration. I was also considering web grenades instead but I don't have a good handle on how effective they'd be at tying up enemies.
'

Web grenades depend entirely on what enemy you're using against, at close ranges they're pretty much save or die since the targets are considered helpless. Something Guard tier would have a 70% chance of getting immobilized, something like an Eldar would have like a 50% chance. They have something approaching that chance of keeping stuck each turn.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2022, 12:51:31 am »

You are only supposed to have one of each Essential component. You have two Gellar fields in this design.
We can't have a backup Gellar Field? You'd think redundancy would be a good idea on the piece of equipment that prevents our horrible deaths. Okay then, removing the Emergency Field.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 07:33:35 am by Lenglon »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2022, 12:28:38 pm »

I agree it'd be nice to have an emergency gellar field 'just in case' since they're pretty small components, as opposed to massive essential components that'd be weird to have two of, like the warp or plasma drives.

However, the rules are pretty clear about only picking one of each essential component, even if I'm fairly sure they intention was avoiding the cheese of having people stuffing their ships full of void shield generators.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2022, 10:47:05 pm »

We can't have a backup Gellar Field? You'd think redundancy would be a good idea on the piece of equipment that prevents our horrible deaths. Okay then, removing the Emergency Field.

To be fair you'd want everything to have a backup :V. Backup engines, backup generators, backup shields, redundancy is always important. Maybe such ancient things existed in the Dark Ages of technology. Sadly they seem to have been lost to the passages of time.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2022, 05:36:26 pm »

Are we good to finish up character creation over the weekend and start Monday or do we need more time?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2022, 05:40:41 pm »

I've been done for over a week.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2022, 05:46:08 pm »

I've been done for over a week.

Do you have any comments on the ship then :v

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2022, 06:01:57 pm »

I like our ship. No notes.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2022, 07:11:10 am »

Are we good to finish up character creation over the weekend and start Monday or do we need more time?

I’m going to take silence as approval to schedule a Monday start. If you need more time speak up.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2022, 07:19:22 am »

I'm good to go, I'm concerned the Maximum Spin might not be prepared though, and he's our RT. I'm also concerned that Cael might not be ready.

I'm happy with the current ship design, and my character is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47