Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Dumped  (Read 22772 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dumped
« Reply #240 on: November 11, 2022, 10:53:35 pm »

Accompany Debbie towards the excavator

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 11, 2022, 11:31:47 pm »

Also resume making my way towards the excavator

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 22, 2022, 07:23:11 am »

"Later I'll probably cut the paws off this thing but that can wait as we have an excavator to get to."
Start walking towards the location of the excavator.
Accompany Debbie towards the excavator

Also resume making my way towards the excavator

(3) You all walk a day's journey toward the excavator. In the evening you come across a dumpsite containing two foot thick, ten to twenty feet wide hexagonal plates all piled up at an angle and jutting out over the generic trash below. You are able to set up a camp under the overhang of a few of these, and on top of one. the surface is hard and smooth, with a dull reflectivity to it. These hexagons could have been anything, from the mirrors of space telescopes, to armor for battleships, to some parade display boards. Who knows. They do seem quite intact: all their corners are crisp and their surfaces are unmarked. As you set up camp, the wind picks up and storm clouds roll in. Ominous weather is ominous.

How heavy is the communications hub? can I push it back?
I look around and try to get the attention and help of nearby people
If Alice or anyone else nearby is willing to pay attention to me and help I lead them to the communications hub I found.

Spoiler: Collar Messages (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status and Location (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)
sigh. "Okay then, point me to the chore."
The comm hub is too big for kittens to push, (4) but Alice is able to drag it back to base and inside.

Sleep until I wake up or someone wakes me up whichever comes first!

Spoiler: Chatters (click to show/hide)
You do that and (2) wake up dehydrted, head pounding, covered in vomit, and very angry at your own fists for some reason.

Make chocolate rain from the sky like a chad
(5) You make it rain Chad Brand chocolate treats of all shapes and flavors. It's like a fever dream of candy outside. Too bad half the team missed this, having set out to explore a point of interest.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2022, 08:42:22 am »

"Not liking the looks of that storm, we should probably find something to act as a wall."
Look around close to camp for a tarp or anything similar to use as a wall to keep the weather out of our camp.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2022, 04:38:30 pm »

"Ugh... head brain pound hurting!" Chatters pukes for hopefully the final time "Grr this is your fault guilt!" Chatters stares at his hand angerly before slapping himself over the face with it "Agh! Traitor hand thing how dare challenge me! Chatters will show you who is pack boss leader!"

Fight my traitor hand I must put it back into its place!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 26, 2022, 12:58:51 am »

all but one of me spread out and monitor the area around our home, the last of me is watching the dirty comms hub (which needs cleaning and afterwards will hopefully be working) and seeing if anyone is willing to get it cleaned and working.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 03, 2022, 08:11:39 pm »

Cool!  This stuff looks amazing!

Jump into a few of these hexagonal plates, and try to figure out what tools I need to shape them or form them into body elements.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 03, 2022, 08:46:42 pm »

« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 08:52:11 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 04, 2022, 01:46:39 pm »

Wait out the storm inside my shell underneath the overhang of hexagons

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 08, 2022, 08:21:14 am »

"Ugh... head brain pound hurting!" Chatters pukes for hopefully the final time "Grr this is your fault guilt!" Chatters stares at his hand angerly before slapping himself over the face with it "Agh! Traitor hand thing how dare challenge me! Chatters will show you who is pack boss leader!"

Fight my traitor hand I must put it back into its place!

(1) This goes exactly as one might expect. You bite your hand. Hard. it bleeds. You hurt. Now i roll for serious damage: (1) You sever a finger and cause nerve damage, making gripping objects difficult. Huh. Your teeth are pretty sharp and strong, after all. Let's call this one a "moral victory."

all but one of me spread out and monitor the area around our home, the last of me is watching the dirty comms hub (which needs cleaning and afterwards will hopefully be working) and seeing if anyone is willing to get it cleaned and working.

(5) Your explorations yield results! You find an entire pile of Janitor Clones lying dormant. You paw one curiously and a panel on it's chest activates. "Clone boot up sequence, intitiating in 5 ... 4 ... 4 ... 1 ..." and then a mechanical appendage extents from the clone's backpack and delivers a swift, but solid, kick to another clone's posterior. that clone's panel flickers for a moment, then falls silent, until a second kick lights it up entirely. The clone rolls over, out of reach of the offending appendage, and rubs it's posterior as it slowly rises to it's feet, clad completely in it's standard hazmat suit, complete with mop, sniffer, broom attachment (sans broom head), and themronuclear incinerator (probably non-operational).

"Not liking the looks of that storm, we should probably find something to act as a wall."
Look around close to camp for a tarp or anything similar to use as a wall to keep the weather out of our camp.
(4) you find enough material to seal up the shelter reasonably well, and enough wood for a small campfire. Now if only someone had dumped some hotdogs and marshmallows in this sector of the trash heap ...

Cool!  This stuff looks amazing!

Jump into a few of these hexagonal plates, and try to figure out what tools I need to shape them or form them into body elements.

The hexagons are inert, nonmechanical. They'd work best as plating or structural pieces on a very large body or vehicle. to morph them for use on a person-sized body would require some pretty heavy energy use. You'd have to dissolve a lot of functional machinery. (3) you store a mental record of their structure for use though. You can make the same pattern out of other material later.

Wait out the storm inside my shell underneath the overhang of hexagons
You very unhelpfully retreat into your shell and fall alseep.

Two event rolls: One for the home team, and one for the away team:
Home: (3) The Janitor Clones seem to be drawn to the Chad Brand chocolates, and march in force to the home base, hoovering up the chocolates as they go.

Away: (5) A building sized legged machine strolls near to your camp, occasionally interacting with the trash heap with mechanical arms, a cargo scoop, or the occasional sensor. Several spotlights shine out into the darkness, or down at the thing's footing as it goes. There are several smaller bots moving along with the Heap Crawler as well, some apparently darting about semi-randomly, some seeming to scavenge off the larger bot, and some apparently doing more specific tasks. You smell opportunity! Well, you smell garbage really. But the Heap Crawler is pretty neat, anyway.

Almost forgot:
(6) You land surprisingly gently. And then your door explodes outward with a solid thunk, and tehn a second smaller thud immediately after, followed by a sickening splat sound.You see dozens fo hazmatted figures outside your pod, and a bloddstained lump under neath your door, which is currently being carried off to who knows where by several of the hazmatted figures. Suddenly, your pod lurches sideways, and slowly rises off the ground. Looks like yo umight be getting a bit carried away also ...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2022, 04:03:52 am »

"Well that thing looks like it could be interesting."
Carefully go out and investigate the robots up close.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2022, 03:40:55 pm »

I'm having trouble visualizing The Janitor Clones. Are they robots? Are they humans? I don't get it.

One of me follows the Janitor Clones to see what they're doing, the me still back at base continues to watch over the currently-requires-cleaning comms hub, and the rest of me keep exploring the area around our current home, Where did all the nighttime nasties go? Is there some kind of cave nearby they're hiding in?

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 15, 2022, 07:04:45 am »

"Haha Chatters has shown traitor evil hand thing who is boss leader! Serves hand thing right! Although... now how do I... loot pick up treasure goodies?"

...Find some way to carry things without use of traitor hand!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 15, 2022, 04:34:56 pm »

climb on top of the larger bot and try to figure out how it’s being operated

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 15, 2022, 08:18:15 pm »

Junior leaps out of the pod and tries to sneakily get away from the hazmat suit wearing weirdos

Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18