Mining the thread for ideas
- 1 (100%)
Reliving my glory days
- 0 (0%)
Just randomly came here
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords II (newcomers always welcome)  (Read 17859 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords II Turn 9
« Reply #390 on: July 25, 2022, 03:08:35 am »

Deutsche Bank sends a request for clarification. If we take this text literally it says that each enemy planet you conquer can be transfered to a minor lord for 5 prestige, no ifs, no buts.
So you should also be able to do that with a planet that originally belonged to another lord?

But the last line sounds like maybe the intention of the offer was different?  ;)
The intention is different indeed- re-conquered planets should ideally be returned to their rightful owners in the Empire.

"Should ideally" sounds a little bit ambiguous. Deutsche Bank requests a further clarification from the emperor, because with 3 Space Lords absent it has become more relevant. Some planets (like Crabicus Prime) can no longer be returned to their owner. Can these planets cashed in for prestige or not?
short answer: no.
Long answer: You asked me what the intention was behind not allowing non-enemy planets to be handed off to a minor lord, and I told you it was to help non-combatant players get their planets back. This is not, however, a strict rule- you may keep the planets for a 5-prestige demerit (the intention of that rule is to allow you some bargaining power when returning the planet.) "Bounties" specifically mentions that the 5-pretige bonus applies to "enemy planets conquered" and the free return to a "planet [that] belonged to another lord before re-conquest".
P.S. Aren't you under contract to return Crabicus Prime?
Edit: oh, you're actually not, unless they pay 1 crab taken (which they have, BTW.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 03:19:31 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords II Turn 9
« Reply #391 on: July 25, 2022, 03:25:39 am »

The point is that there is no one to return the planet to.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 04:08:49 am by Quarque »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords II (newcomers always welcome)
« Reply #392 on: July 25, 2022, 03:57:16 am »

I can see your point. While the players can return (and should get the planets), you and I both know they won't.
Tell you what, I will allow whoever ends up with the planets to 'hold them in trust' without a demerit, on the condition that they return them to the player if they ever return. How does that sound?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 25, 2022, 04:10:20 am »

First, after looking at it more closely, the Absolute Cancer contract provides a rule for the situation:
Quote from: Absolute Cancer contract, section 1
A Signatory may withdraw from Absolute Cancer at any time, but any Crab Tokens (see section 7) they own will be removed from circulation.
If you withdraw from the game, you withdraw from the contract. Meaning that the remaining signatories no longer have the obligation to recapture the planet.

I can see your point. While the players can return (and should get the planets), you and I both know they won't.
Tell you what, I will allow whoever ends up with the planets to 'hold them in trust' without a demerit, on the condition that they return them to the player if they ever return. How does that sound?
It is up to you as GM to decide how to handle it. I would like to point out the consequences, though. As it stands, the abandoned planets are the least valuable ones, because they can't be cashed in for prestige (which is really what you want now that the emperor is sick - planets definitely aren't worth 10 prestige anymore). But if you are allowed to keep these planets without a prestige demerit, they suddenly become the most valuable ones instead, more valuable than captured Ningalin planets.
That is why I personally think it would be better for the game to either handle them identical to Ningalin planets at this point, or otherwise at least apply the 5 prestige point demerit in case you keep them.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 25, 2022, 04:17:13 am »

they suddenly become the most valuable ones instead, more valuable than captured Ningalin planets.
I disagree- right now you want to get as much prestige as possible, and you are denied that option with re-captured planets (unless another 'dividend of war' event comes up.)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 25, 2022, 11:40:17 am »

Spoiler: Chia Interstellar (click to show/hide)
Xa-Nam harvests (+2 Food eot)
Chegitha mines (-1 Food, +3 Ore eot)
Fleet is fuelled, placed under control of Absolute Cancer (-1 Ore, +10 Crab Tokens).
Chia Interstellar votes to appoint Deutsche Bank as Crablord.
Long Live United Forenia!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 25, 2022, 05:01:21 pm »

Transfer 1 ore and 1 food to Eruderia

Resource count to be updated.

Update below:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 01:38:11 pm by andrea »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 25, 2022, 06:29:32 pm »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 25, 2022, 06:42:30 pm »

Chia Interstellar votes to appoint Deutsche Bank as Crablord.
Deutsche Bank accepts the new position.
Deployment plan for the turn delivered.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 26, 2022, 03:12:03 am »

Does that mean everyone has finished with their turn?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 26, 2022, 03:26:04 am »

Yeah, I think so.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 26, 2022, 04:23:08 am »

Ok, turn in ~6 hours.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Risky Space Lords II Turn 11
« Reply #402 on: July 26, 2022, 01:01:04 pm »

TURNTURNTURN

UPE deploys its fleet above Ferrum, to defend the planet. They meet no resistance.

Count of Two Marches deploys a fleet above the planet Carida.They meet no resistance.
Count of Two Marches deploys a fleet above the planet Kada. They meet no resistance.
Count of The void deploys 2 fleets above the planet Ninaglin Prime. They meet no resistance.
Having secured the skies Count of Two Marches lands 2 armies on Ningalin Prime, The Ningalin militia is utterly annihilated . Count of Two Marches conquers Ningalin Prime

Absolute Cancer Alliance deploys 2 fleets above the planet Great White, they meet no resistance.
Absolute Cancer Alliance deploys 2 fleets above the planet Rambo, they meet no resistance.
Absolute Cancer Alliance deploys 2 fleets above the planet Desponia, they meet no resistance.
Having secured the skies Absolute cancer lands 2 armies on Desponia. The Ningalin militia gives a good show, but is defeated  Absolute Cancer Alliance conquers Desponia
Absolute Cancer Alliance deploys a fleet above the planet Muamba, they meet no resistance.
Having secured the skies Absolute cancer lands 2 armies on Muamba. everyone gives a lackluster show, but militia is defeated  Absolute Cancer Alliance conquers Muamba
Absolute Cancer Alliance lands an army on the planet Crabicus Prime. The Ningalin militia is utterly annihilated . Absolute Cancer Alliance conquers Crabicus Prime.
Absolute Cancer Alliance lands an army on the planet Ukraina. The Ningalin militia holds off the invaders . The Ningalin militia gives a good show, but is defeated Absolute Cancer Alliance conquers Ukraina.

Ningalin deploys several fleets and armies in secret.

Ningalin deploys a fleet above the planet Tala, they meet no resistance.
Having secured the skies Ningalin lands an army on Tala. The Marchist militia holds off the invaders The Marchist militia is utterly annihilated   Ningalin conquers Tala
Ningalin deploys a fleet above the planet Chomba, they meet no resistance.
Having secured the skies Ningalin lands an army on Chomba. The cancerous militia defeats the invaders

Having lost their capital (and most of their planets) Ningalin prepares for surrender to the Emperor (you have one last turn to conquer something)

Quote from: intel
Ningalin holdings consist of 3 planets:
Tala: Mining World
Moldova: Farming World
Muleo: Recruitment World
They appear to have 3 fleets and 3 armies.
Quote from: Bounties (Imperial Levy / Tax)
In the interests of the wartime economy, lords may hold on to conquered planets until the end of the war.
Afterwards for each of the enemy planets conquered you may either:
Transfer the planet to a minor lord (effectively removing it from the game) and gain 5 prestige.
or
Keep the planet for yourself earning you a demerit worth 5 prestige.
If the planet belonged to another lord before re-conquest it may be returned to it's owner for free, or kept for the above mentioned demerit.

In other news, a merchant needs some ore
Quote from:  Machine supply contract (League Request)
Provide 5 ore for up to 100 M₣

And finally, it's everyone's least favorite time of the year- tax season.
Quote from: Turn 11 taxes (tax)
Provide 10M₣ per planet owned or lose 2 prestige
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 01:08:19 pm by a1s »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 26, 2022, 01:31:42 pm »

First things first.
@Magmacube: Planet Desponia is returned to United Planets of Eruderia by Absolute Cancer.

Then a request for clarification. Does our alliance need to pay taxes for the planets we conquered? And if so, does that mean all Signatories are penalized in case we fail?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 26, 2022, 01:35:01 pm »

I would argue that those planets aren't owned and taxes aren't due. That said,I am interested to hear the emperor's opinion on this.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31