Mining the thread for ideas
- 1 (100%)
Reliving my glory days
- 0 (0%)
Just randomly came here
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords II (newcomers always welcome)  (Read 17907 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords II (newcomers always welcome)
« Reply #270 on: July 07, 2022, 05:44:24 pm »

ACTACTACT

We offer our most sincere apologies to The Great Emperor. It appears that some critical documents which were about the then-upcoming collection of planetary tax were handled poorly and did not reach their destination in time.

For this mishap and as a compensation for our error, UPE will provide The Emperor with 40 MegaFlorins.

-signed
United Planets of Eruderia

Production:
Mining (Ferrum): (-1 food, +3 ore)
Farming (Desponia): (-1 food, +3 food)

OOC: Okay, ya priccs. I will give you my money for the stuff that I already own, and then some. Just don't glass my worlds.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 07, 2022, 05:57:43 pm »

We offer our most sincere apologies to The Great Emperor. It appears that some critical documents which were about the then-upcoming collection of planetary tax were handled poorly and did not reach their destination in time.

For this mishap and as a compensation for our error, UPE will provide The Emperor with 40 MegaFlorins.

-signed
United Planets of Eruderia
"Alright, but make sure it does not happen again"

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 08, 2022, 05:04:20 am »

:(

I was going to feed his citizens to my crabs...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 08, 2022, 11:55:29 am »

ACTACTACT: Fulfill Reaping the dividend of War (Imperial Levy) by gifting Farming World Breadbasket to the Imperial Demesne. Prestige to be split 5 prestige to me and 8 prestige to Deutsche Bank as per contract to follow.

Quote from: Settlement of Debts
Whereas Blacksand Industries wish to resolve their outstanding debt obligations to Deutsche Bank, Blacksand Industries agrees to complete Reaping the dividends of War (Imperial Levy) by gifting Farming World Breadbasket to the Imperial Demesne and allocating 8 of the 13 prestige to Deutsche Bank as full satisfaction of all remaining debt.
x EuchreJack, CEO of Blacksand Industries
x                                                         

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 08, 2022, 12:03:52 pm »

Eh, probably not worth it.
We talked about this- once you accept a mission (or contract) you can't back out (without agreement of all signatories.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 08, 2022, 12:12:09 pm »

We talked about this- once you accept a mission (or contract) you can't back out (without agreement of all signatories.)
What the Imperial Demise won't agree to let Max out of the contract?  :P

Anyways...
@Max: Since you are stuck fulfilling the contract, I will allow you to use my farming world if I get the prestige in exchange for 1 food from you.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 08, 2022, 12:17:12 pm »

I knew this was too complicated. :-\

Imperial Levies go to a random player who applied less than 24 hours after the turn or the first person after the 24 hours. You are both in the running right now.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 08, 2022, 01:58:43 pm »

What the Imperial Demise won't agree to let Max out of the contract?  :P
You're right- Imperial levies are a privilege, not a burden. Since Blacksand Industries can take over the mission, Emperor can release Jughashvili & Associates from their obligations without a complicated contract. Sorry for bothering you.
But please don't edit posts that have contracts and missions in them- add new posts that adjust them.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 08, 2022, 02:12:25 pm »

To: Blacksand Industries
Subject: draft review of Debt Settlement

Dear Customer,

We reviewed your latest proposal. It sounds good, but we would like to add a clarification what "satisfaction of debt" means, to avoid confusion.
Please find attached version 2.0 of the contract.

-- Markus Pferdekäufer, Deutsche Bank legal consultant

Quote from: Dept Settlement 2.0
Whereas Blacksand Industries wish to resolve their outstanding debt obligations to Deutsche Bank, Blacksand Industries agrees to complete Reaping the dividends of War (Imperial Levy) by gifting Farming World Breadbasket to the Imperial Demesne and allocating 8 of the 13 prestige to Deutsche Bank as full satisfaction of all remaining debt.

"Satisfaction of all remaining debt" means that the existing contract ("Joint Defense Measures") is nullified upon signing of this contract by both parties.

x Deutsche Bank
x

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 08, 2022, 02:29:49 pm »

Quote from: Dept Settlement 2.0

"Satisfaction of all remaining debt" means that the existing contract ("Joint Defense Measures") is nullified upon signing of this contract by both parties.

x Deutsche Bank
x EuchreJack, CEO of Blacksand Industries

Signed! Hopefully we can do business in the future.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords II (recruiting prospective space lords)
« Reply #280 on: July 08, 2022, 02:32:58 pm »

War calls for private "security" interests.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 08, 2022, 05:19:10 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Yes I do. I am kinda just waiting for my moment? It's hard to explain.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 08, 2022, 08:13:30 pm »

[.. in a heavily safeguarded meeting room within DB HQ ..]
Welcome, everyone.

I must apologize for dragging you in at such an uncommon hour, but this matter needs to be dealt with urgently.
We are at the eve of a war with the Ningalin without a defense plan.

We drafted a proposal on how to address this problem, or shall we say opportunity? It is based on the earlier NPP, with a few modifications.

Ladies and gentleman, please peruse our draft document and share your opinion.

Quote from: Absolute Cancer - draft version, do not sign
This is a contract by and between
  • Cancer Planeta
  • Hammerhead Security Services
  • Chia Interstellar
  • Blacksand Industries
  • Deutsche Bank
(The "Signatories")

Signatories agree to cooperate to exterminate the vermin known as the Ningalin.
To this end they shall coordinate military actions and divide the spoils of war equitably according to contribution.

Section 1: Pact structure
Initially the pact shall consist of only the signatories mentioned above.
Additional Space Lords may apply for membership, but they will only be allowed to join if existing signatories unanimously agree.
Absolute Cancer may be amended only with the approval of more than two-thirds of Signatories.
The Crablord has the power to ACT for Absolute Cancer (as prescribed in this treaty), and make tie-breaking decisions. Initially Chia Interstellar holds this position, but they may be replaced through a simple majority vote.
A Signatory may withdraw from Absolute Cancer at any time, but any Crab Tokens (see section 6) they own will be removed from circulation.

Section 2: Military Coordination
Forces under Absolute Cancer will be deployed under a single banner, precluding infighting for the duration of the Ningalin War. Deployment plans may be proposed by any Signatory. The deployment plan with the most votes (from Signatories, one vote per Signatory) will be enACTed by the Crablord when the 24-hour warning is given. In the event that votes are tied when the 24-hour warning is given, an extension shall be requested. In the event that the vote remains tied come the next warning, one of the leading options shall be picked by the Crablord.
Deployment plans may leave fleets unused if their use is not deemed necessary.
Signatories are not allowed to deploy military forces independently, except for the purpose of self-defence or exploration.

Section 3: Collective Defence
While the primary goal of Absolute Cancer is to defeat the Ningalin Kingdom and conquer its holdings, should Ningalin forces capture a planet belonging to a Signatory, Absolute Cancer will endeavour to re-conquer the lost planet prior to the end of the war. Planets re-conquered this way shall be returned to the original owner. The original owner will pay one Crab Token to Absolute Cancer (effectively removing the Crab Token from circulation) in exchange. Should the original owner be unable or unwilling to pay this Crab Token fee, the planet shall be held by Absolute Cancer until the original owner pays the fee. Should the original owner refuse to pay the fee even after the war is over, the planet shall be auctioned as if it were a conventional Spoil of War (see section 5).

Section 4: Protection Pacts for Non-signatories
Absolute Cancer may agree on a Protection Pact with a non-signatory (a "Protectee"). The Protectee pays a Protection Sum to Absolute Cancer. The Protection Sum can consist of any type of assets, including future payments, as long as all signatories of Absolute Cancer agree that it is sufficient compensation.
In return, Absolute Cancer will endeavour to re-conquer any lost planets prior to the end of the war. Those planets will then be returned to the original owner.
A Protectee still has to protect himself to the best of his ability, deploying all armies and fleet he controls in defense of his own planets. If a Protectee is unable or unwilling to do so, the Protection Pact is voided without repayment.
The Protection Sum will be added to the Spoils of War (see section 5)
Any fleets or armies included in a Protection Sum will be available for Absolute Cancer to deploy as part of the Military Coordination (see section 2)
Additional special conditions of a Protection Pact can be worked out in a separate contract.

Section 5: Dividing the Spoils of War and dissolution of the contract
Spoils of War are defined as the sum of:
  • Any planets captured by Absolute Cancer that did not originally belong to a Signatory (see section 3) or a Protectee (see section 4)
  • Any assets paid as Protection Sums (see section 4)
All items in the Spoils of War except money shall be sold off individually in an Auction after the War with the Ningalin is terminated. Signatories shall pay their bids with Crab Tokens (see section 6). Crab Tokens used to pay for an Auction are removed from circulation. Signatories may sign additional contracts among each other pertaining to their bids in these Auctions.
Specifically, Signatories can make a deal to buy a planet together and distribute it to a minor lord for prestige to be divided among them.
Any money in the Spoils of War shall be divided after the auctions are resolved. It will be divided over the owners of remaining Crab Tokens, with each owner receiving a sum of money proportional to the number of Crab Tokens they own.

Finally, all remaining Crab Tokens are removed from circulation and the Absolute Cancer contract is dissolved.

Section 6: Earning Crab Tokens
Signatories shall be awarded Crab Tokens for their contributions to the war.

By default, Crab tokens will be awarded as follows:
  • Armies: 10 Crab Tokens per Army per turn and 2 additional Crab Tokens as compensation if the Army is lost in battle.
  • Fleets: 5 per fuelled Fleet per turn and 25 additional Crab Tokens as compensation if the Fleet is lost in battle.

A motion to review these values, in light of changing strategic circumstances, may be put forward at any time. A simple majority is required to change them. Signatories are encouraged to approve of fair values, taking into account the cost of raising/maintaining the forces in question, and their necessity in the ongoing war effort.

Trading of Crab Tokens among Signatories is allowed and encouraged. It is forbidden for Signatories to trade Crab Tokens with Non-signatories.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 08, 2022, 08:16:58 pm »

P.S. the name "Absolute Cancer" was proposed by Evicted Saint.  :P

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 09, 2022, 01:23:09 pm »

Final version.

Quote from: Absolute Cancer
This is a contract by and between
  • Cancer Planeta
  • Hammerhead Security Services
  • Chia Interstellar
  • Blacksand Industries
  • Deutsche Bank
(The "Signatories")

Signatories agree to cooperate to exterminate the vermin known as the Ningalin.
To this end they shall coordinate military actions and divide the spoils of war equitably according to contribution.

Section 1: Pact structure
Initially the pact shall consist of only the signatories mentioned above.
Additional Space Lords may apply for membership, but they will only be allowed to join if existing signatories unanimously agree.
Absolute Cancer may be amended only with the approval of more than two-thirds of Signatories.
The Crablord has the power to ACT for Absolute Cancer (as prescribed in this treaty), and make tie-breaking decisions. Initially Chia Interstellar holds this position, but they may be replaced through a simple majority vote.
A Signatory may withdraw from Absolute Cancer at any time, but any Crab Tokens (see section 7) they own will be removed from circulation.

Section 2: Military Coordination
Forces under Absolute Cancer will be deployed under a single banner, precluding infighting for the duration of the Ningalin War. "Deployment Plans" may be proposed by any Signatory. The Deployment Plan with the most votes (from Signatories, one vote per Signatory) will be enACTed by the Crablord when the 24-hour warning is given. In the event that votes are tied when the 24-hour warning is given, an extension shall be requested. In the event that the vote remains tied come the next warning, one of the leading options shall be picked by the Crablord.
Deployment Plans may leave fleets unused if their use is not deemed necessary.
Signatories are not allowed to deploy military forces independently, except for the purpose of self-defence or exploration.

Section 3: Collective Defence
While the primary goal of Absolute Cancer is to defeat the Ningalin Kingdom and conquer its holdings, should Ningalin forces capture a planet belonging to a Signatory, Absolute Cancer will endeavour to re-conquer the lost planet prior to the end of the war. Planets re-conquered this way shall be returned to the original owner. The original owner will pay one Crab Token to Absolute Cancer (effectively removing the Crab Token from circulation) in exchange. Should the original owner be unable or unwilling to pay this Crab Token fee, the planet shall be held by Absolute Cancer until the original owner pays the fee. Should the original owner refuse to pay the fee even after the war is over, the planet shall be auctioned as if it were a conventional Spoil of War (see section 5).

Section 4: Protection Pacts for Non-signatories
Absolute Cancer may agree on a Protection Pact with a non-signatory (a "Protectee"). The Protectee pays a Protection Sum to Absolute Cancer. The Protection Sum can consist of any type of assets, including future payments, as long as all signatories of Absolute Cancer agree that it is sufficient compensation.
In return, Absolute Cancer will endeavour to re-conquer any planets that were owned by the Protectee at the start of the war, prior to the end of the war. Those planets will then be returned to the original owner.
A Protectee still has to protect himself to the best of his ability, deploying all armies and fleet he controls in defense of his own planets. If a Protectee is unable or unwilling to do so, the Protection Pact is voided without repayment.
The Protection Sum will be added to the Spoils of War (see section 5)
Any fleets or armies included in a Protection Sum will be available for Absolute Cancer to deploy as part of the Military Coordination (see section 2)
Additional special conditions of a Protection Pact can be worked out in a separate contract.

Section 5: Defining the Spoils of War and their use during the War
The Spoils of War remain in collective ownership until the end of the contract (see section 6).
Spoils of War are defined as:
  • Any planets captured by Absolute Cancer that did not originally belong to a Signatory (see section 3) or a Protectee (see section 4)
  • Any goods produced by planets that are part of the Spoils of War
  • Any assets paid as Protection Sums (see section 4)
  • Any rewards granted to Absolute Cancer by the emperor or God while this contract remains in effect
Any assets in the Spoils of War may be used by Absolute Cancer during the war for military purpose. How to use them is decided within the Deployment Plan of the turn (see section 2).
Planets in the Spoils of War that produce food, rocks or armies will be assumed to be activated, unless the Deployment Plan specifically turns them off. Planets in the Spoils of War that produce Fleets or Machines will be assumed to revert to subsistence farming, unless the Deployment Plan specifies that they are activated.
Food and rock needed to activate planets or to fuel fleets in the Spoils of War will be taken from the Spoils of War, if possible. If not possible, any Signatory has the right to provide the needed rock or food for 5 Crab Tokens per item. In case multiple Signatories wish to be the provider at this price, an auction shall be held to decide who will provide them for the lowest price.
It is allowed for Signatories to take food and rock from the Spoils at War at a price of 5 Crab Tokens per item, if they need it to comply with the Deployment Plan and provided it does not conflict with other needs of the Deployment Plan.

Section 6: Dividing the Spoils of War and dissolution of the contract
The Absolute Cancer contract is dissolved when the war with the Ningalin ends, or when at least 80% of the Signatories decide by vote to end the contract for other reasons.
When the Absolute Cancer is dissolved, all items in the Spoils of War shall be sold off individually in an Auction, with the exception of money. Signatories shall pay their bids with Crab Tokens (see section 7). Crab Tokens used to pay for an Auction are removed from circulation. Signatories may sign additional contracts among each other pertaining to their bids in these Auctions.
Specifically, Signatories can make a deal to buy a planet together and distribute it to a minor lord for prestige to be divided among them.
Any money in the Spoils of War shall be divided after the auctions are resolved. It will be divided over the owners of remaining Crab Tokens, with each owner receiving a sum of money proportional to the number of Crab Tokens they own. Then the remaining Crab Tokens are removed from circulation.

Section 7: Earning Crab Tokens
Signatories shall be awarded Crab Tokens for their contributions to the war.

By default, Crab tokens will be awarded as follows:
  • Armies: 10 Crab Tokens per Army per turn and 2 additional Crab Tokens as compensation if the Army is lost in battle.
  • Fleets: 10 Crab Tokens per fuelled Fleet per turn and 30 additional Crab Tokens as compensation if the Fleet is lost in battle.

A motion to review these values, in light of changing strategic circumstances, may be put forward at any time. A simple majority is required to change them. Signatories are encouraged to approve of fair values, taking into account the cost of raising/maintaining the forces in question, and their necessity in the ongoing war effort.

Trading of Crab Tokens among Signatories is allowed and encouraged. It is forbidden for Signatories to trade Crab Tokens with Non-signatories.

Signatories:
- Deutsche Bank
-
-
-
-
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 01:36:15 pm by Quarque »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31