Mining the thread for ideas
- 1 (100%)
Reliving my glory days
- 0 (0%)
Just randomly came here
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords II (newcomers always welcome)  (Read 17927 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords II (newcomers always welcome)
« Reply #255 on: July 06, 2022, 07:12:44 am »

two notes: you don't have a planet to vote with until next turn. And please mark all colonization with ACTx3.
Post edited to correct both.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 06, 2022, 08:48:07 am »

ACTACTACT: Jughasvili & Associates votes Ultimatum. (2 votes).

Quote from: Ten Thousand Dragon Planet-Shattering Trust
Jughasvili & Associates cordially invites the Count of Two Marches, Cancer Planeta, Chia Interstellar, and the Count of the Voids to form a joint interplanetary trust in order to prosecute a war on the Ningalin menace. Should this invitation be declined, Jughashvili & Associates nevertheless looks forward to cooperating informally with such parties.

All signatories will be required to vote in favor of sending the Ningalins an ultimatum.

Jughashvili & Associates will take the position of Comptroller of the Trust.

Signatories agree that, for the duration of the term of this Trust,
  • All armies and fleets controlled by signatories shall be managed by the Trust.
  • All recruitment planets controlled by signatories shall be employed exclusively to support and repopulate Trust armies.
  • All shipyards controlled by signatories shall be employed to construct additional Trust fleets until a total of nine fleets may be fielded by the Trust, then to maintain that number as necessary.
  • All farming planets controlled by signatories will produce food to feed planets managed by the Trust, with priority to recruitment, mining, and finally shipyard planets in the event of shortage. Any excess will remain part of the Trust fund.
  • All mining planets controlled by signatories will produce ore. Ore will be directed first to shipyard fleet production if necessary, then to fuelling Trust fleets. Any excess will remain part of the Trust fund.
  • Resources in the Trust fund will be used to cover shortfalls as necessary. In the event of a shortfall which cannot be covered by resources already in the Trust fund, the Comptroller of the Trust will issue a request for resources which can be fulfilled by any signatory, in the manner of an Imperial levy or League request. If resources remain insufficient, the Comptroller will choose how to allocate extant resources among Trust planets.

Signatories further agree that, upon the commencement of hostilities with Ningalin, armies and fleets under Trust management will be directed by the Comptroller of the Trust to coordinate both offense and defense. The Comptroller will prioritize defending signatory planets, followed by conquering enemy planets. Enemy planets conquered will become part of the Trust fund, unless the Emperor offers the option of alternative disposition, in which case the disposition of the planets will be at the judgement of the Comptroller, and any rewards for such alternate disposition will become part of the Trust fund, or divided immediately by agreement of the signatories in the case of prestige.

Nonsignatories will not be defended by the Trust except after payment of a fee of one planet or starchart and all owned machines, to be added to the Trust fund. Paying nonsignatories' planets will be defended at a priority level below that of signatories' planets. No hostile actions will be taken against enemy fleets and armies which attack nonpaying nonsignatories. Signatories will contract no other business with nonsignatories for the duration of the treaty, except by unanimous agreement among signatories.

At any time, signatories may mutually agree by 4/5 vote to conclude the Trust. When the Trust is concluded, all planets, armies, and fleets will be returned to their owners, and each signatory's contribution will be scored according to the sum of resource units actually consumed by the Trust, fleet-turns of actual combat, and army-turns of actual combat; the contents of the Trust fund will then be auctioned off with each signatory receiving a number of bids equal to this score. Bids will be regarded as fully transferable assets. Signatories may also agree to contract different terms for the disposition of Trust resources at any time.

Signatories:
  • [reserved for Jughashvili & Associates]
  • [reserved for the Count of Two Marches]
  • [reserved for Cancer Planeta]
  • [reserved for Chia Interstellar]
  • [reserved for the Count of the Voids]
I don't see any obvious flaws in this agreement at the moment, but I also just woke up. So let me know what you think.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 06, 2022, 01:39:05 pm »

Quote from: Notice
The "Joint Defense Measures" was a quick fix for a problem: the old Mortgage contract would have forced Blacksand Industries to produce machines in wartime, which would be counterproductive.

However, we are certainly willing to abandon it in favor of joining the Trust. We do need to work out a way to settle the debt in a separate contract if we do. That is difficult without knowing what the terms and conditions of the Trust will be.

Therefore we propose a tentative contract. As of yet it is just a signal of our intention to cooperate. Once the details of the Trust have been worked out, if it allows us in, we will use this contract as a template to shape our agreement.
-- Suzannah Hähnchenkopf, public relations department

Quote from: Declaration of Intent
This is not a contract, only a Declaration of Intent without legally binding consequences.

Blacksand Industries and Deutsche Bank declare they are willing to abandon the Joint Defense Measures in favour of joining the Trust. However, they reserve the right to postpone this decision until it is clear what the reward structure of the Trust will be.

Requirements
1. Deutsche Bank owes 1 machine next turn to Chia Interstellar. This debt cannot be repayed if Deutsche Bank would sign a contract such as the initial draft of the Trust, because it requires that one Rock and one Food are used to produce the machine this turn.
Therefore, Deutsche Bank can only join the Trust with an allowance to have Blacksand Industries produce one machine, or if Chia Interstellar is willing to settle this debt otherwise.

2. Deutsche Bank is not only legally unable, but also unwilling to join the Trust unless Blacksand Industries is allowed to join as well. As a bank we need to protect our investment.

3. Deutsche Bank cannot vote in favour of the Ultimatum with more than zero votes. The Trust shall have to allow for that for Deutsche Bank to be able to join.

Tentative debt repayment settlement
Deutsche Bank tentatively proposes that Blacksand Industries first follow the as of yet unclear scheme to divide acquisitions from the trust once it is abandoned. Afterward, Blacksand Industries can settle their debt by paying a total of 20 Units over three additional turns, where:
* 20 MF counts as 1 Unit
* 1 rock counts as 1 Unit
* 1 food counts as 1 Unit
* 1 machine counts as 2 Units
* 1 fleet counts as 6 Units
* full repayment in two additional turns lowers the dept to 18 Units
* full repayment in one additional turn lowers the dept to 16 Units
* instant full repayment lowers the dept to 15 Units
* 1 planet counts as 23 Units (allowing Blacksand Industries to overpay, where Deutsche Bank will refund the difference as quickly as possible).

This scheme may be subject to modification in a real contract, depending on the terms of the Trust.

signed:
- Deutsche Bank
-
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 01:55:41 pm by Quarque »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 06, 2022, 03:12:14 pm »

Quote from: Notice
The "Joint Defense Measures" was a quick fix for a problem: the old Mortgage contract would have forced Blacksand Industries to produce machines in wartime, which would be counterproductive.

However, we are certainly willing to abandon it in favor of joining the Trust. We do need to work out a way to settle the debt in a separate contract if we do. That is difficult without knowing what the terms and conditions of the Trust will be.

Therefore we propose a tentative contract. As of yet it is just a signal of our intention to cooperate. Once the details of the Trust have been worked out, if it allows us in, we will use this contract as a template to shape our agreement.
-- Suzannah Hähnchenkopf, public relations department

Quote from: Declaration of Intent
This is not a contract, only a Declaration of Intent without legally binding consequences.

Blacksand Industries and Deutsche Bank declare they are willing to abandon the Joint Defense Measures in favour of joining the Trust. However, they reserve the right to postpone this decision until it is clear what the reward structure of the Trust will be.

Requirements
1. Deutsche Bank owes 1 machine next turn to Chia Interstellar. This debt cannot be repayed if Deutsche Bank would sign a contract such as the initial draft of the Trust, because it requires that one Rock and one Food are used to produce the machine this turn.
Therefore, Deutsche Bank can only join the Trust with an allowance to have Blacksand Industries produce one machine, or if Chia Interstellar is willing to settle this debt otherwise.

2. Deutsche Bank is not only legally unable, but also unwilling to join the Trust unless Blacksand Industries is allowed to join as well. As a bank we need to protect our investment.

3. Deutsche Bank cannot vote in favour of the Ultimatum with more than zero votes. The Trust shall have to allow for that for Deutsche Bank to be able to join.

Tentative debt repayment settlement
Deutsche Bank tentatively proposes that Blacksand Industries first follow the as of yet unclear scheme to divide acquisitions from the trust once it is abandoned. Afterward, Blacksand Industries can settle their debt by paying a total of 20 Units over three additional turns, where:
* 20 MF counts as 1 Unit
* 1 rock counts as 1 Unit
* 1 food counts as 1 Unit
* 1 machine counts as 2 Units
* 1 fleet counts as 6 Units
* full repayment in two additional turns lowers the dept to 18 Units
* full repayment in one additional turn lowers the dept to 16 Units
* instant full repayment lowers the dept to 15 Units
* 1 planet counts as 23 Units (allowing Blacksand Industries to overpay, where Deutsche Bank will refund the difference as quickly as possible).

This scheme may be subject to modification in a real contract, depending on the terms of the Trust.

signed:
- Deutsche Bank
- Blacksand Industries

Hm, I seem to be paying more in debt, but it's better than dying in the void.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 06, 2022, 06:29:10 pm »

Production:
Mining (Ferrum): (-1 food, +3 ore)
Farming (Desponia): (-1 food, +3 food)

OOC: Just stockpiling here.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 06, 2022, 06:34:23 pm »

You could do more than just stockpile. Quarque offered you a trade earlier- and while the exact trade might not be available, you still have stuff that others want. Shop around; to succeed in this game, you can't play solo.
Maybe wait until next turn, though- when the war kicks off, it could make people extra enthusiastic about buying the resources you have on offer, and there isn't much time left this turn.
Long Live United Forenia!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 06, 2022, 06:40:57 pm »

@MagmaCube
I wanted to say something to the same effect as Nuke. There is a war about to start and you have only 1 fleet to defend your two planets. You need to cooperate with someone to survive.

With those stockpiles you have plenty to offer to any military alliance. You could join the pact between me and Euchrejack straight away (hope you don't mind I'm speaking for you here, Jack). Other people are bound to be interested as well. But you do have to talk to them.  ;)

P.S.: please note that you have to pay taxes this turn!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 07:06:08 pm by Quarque »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 07, 2022, 04:49:47 am »

@Quarque

Okay, okay. I've been following alright. Joining you two seems not so bad.

To all whom it might concern.

The Council, after much contemplation has decided to work together with the Deutsche Bank and Blacksand Industries in response to the recent steep rise in political tensions.

signed
-United Planets of Eruderia

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 07, 2022, 05:03:48 am »

Could you please pay your taxes first? You need to pay 20 MF to the emperor this turn ( 10  MF per planet). Mark with ACTx3

Once you paid your taxes, I will talk about it with Euchrejack. But that can wait until next turn.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 06:01:51 am by Quarque »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 07, 2022, 11:55:12 am »

@Quarque

Okay, okay. I've been following alright. Joining you two seems not so bad.

To all whom it might concern.

The Council, after much contemplation has decided to work together with the Deutsche Bank and Blacksand Industries in response to the recent steep rise in political tensions.

signed
-United Planets of Eruderia
-EuchreJack, CEO of Blacksand Industries
-
I will sign this statement of political support.
While you do need to pay your taxes, you also have sufficient funds to do so. You also lack prestige NOT to do so.
Hopefully, all the players can join together, rather than have competing alliances.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 07, 2022, 12:01:35 pm »

I'm not signing anything until taxes are paid, sorry. Don't want to be tied to a company that is about to be hit negative prestige.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Risky Space Lords II Turn 8
« Reply #266 on: July 07, 2022, 03:03:06 pm »

TURNTURNTURN

Deutsche Bank colonizes planet Rambo.

The Imperial Revenue Service has not received any taxes from United Planets of Eruderia. A lord claiming poverty can sometimes be forgiven due to his prior service to the Empire, however in this case there is no record of service. United Planets of Eruderia are made to pay a fine of 20 M₣.

An ultimatum is sent to Ningalin, which they reject out of hand saying they didn't have anything to do with it. The Emperor declares war on Ningalin

Quote from: intel
Ningalin holdings consist of 9 planets:
Mana: Farming World
Kachi: Farming World
Kada: Farming World
Tala: Mining World
Chomba: Mining World
Muamba: Manufacturing World
Mando: Recruitment world
Muleo: Recruitment World
Ningalin Prime: Shipyard world
They appear to have 5-6 fleets and 6 armies.
Quote from: Bounties (Imperial Levy / Tax)
In the interests of the wartime economy, lords may hold on to conquered planets until the end of the war*.
Afterwards for each of the enemy planets conquered you may either:
Transfer the planet to a minor lord (effectively removing it from the game) and gain 5 prestige.
or
Keep the planet for yourself earning you a demerit worth 5 prestige.
If the planet belonged to another lord before re-conquest it may be returned to it's owner for free, or kept for the above mentioned demerit.

(*) War is considered ended at such time when either a Peace Treaty is signed or the Enemies of the Empire have no more planets.

The Emperor wishes to increase food security.
Quote from: Reaping the dividend of War (Imperial Levy)
Transfer a farming planet to the Imperial Demesne for 13 prestige.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 05:59:52 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 07, 2022, 03:05:38 pm »

Eh, probably not worth it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 03:20:46 pm by Maximum Spin »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 07, 2022, 03:17:33 pm »

It goes without saying, but I will say this anyway: I need all of you to submit your fleet and army placements.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 07, 2022, 03:40:36 pm »

Quote from: intel
United Planets' of Eruderia holdings consist of 2 planets:
Desponia: Farming Planet
Ferrum: Mining Planet
They appear to have 1 fleet and no armies.
Where would we be without the Emperial Intelligence service?

Deutsche Bank transfers 1 machine to Chia Interstellar as per the Short Term Machine Lending contract.

Balance afterwards:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Joint Defense Measures activate due to hostilities. As Deutsche Bank and Blacksand Industries have declared publicly, they are open to abandoning it in favor of a wider alliance.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31