Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 26019 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Night 3: One Down, One To Go
« Reply #360 on: June 28, 2022, 06:08:49 pm »

NOTE:  This is a situation known as Miseliminate and Lose.  Your votes are STILL permanent, however, but instant loss from being wrong may not occur.  Eliminating the wrong Player here is likely to lose the game, though.

Lidku, it's a bit too late for that. Either vote to not lynch, or vote blue.

Also, that proposition can't change who is and isn't mafia. If you do anything but the above, you pretty much lose us the game since Blue will just pile their vote on your's, then pick to lynch that person.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Day 4: Final Four
« Reply #361 on: June 28, 2022, 06:27:34 pm »

Reply in an hour.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #362 on: June 28, 2022, 06:43:30 pm »

I just want to double confirm it with webadict:

In this Miseliminate-or-Lose, is it MANDATORY to vote for a player at this phase type? Is going for the "no option" not allowed? This was never deliberatively specified. All the notary says that if we eliminate the wrong person would bring a likely result of losing the game, and that our votes are permanent.

Also, here's my proposition, since I believe it'll take awhile before BluarianKnight becomes active once again:

If we go by Jim Groovester's purported defense explanation on how abilities are resolved, in terms of Turn Order, then
I propose this:

1) BluarianKnight use Roleblock (P3) on Jim Groovester

2) While that is happening, Jim Groovester do no action

3) I'll use my Steal (P10) on Jim Groovester to confirm if he actually has Redirect.. or any other potentially malicious abilities
that Jim never disclosed.

The logic is this: If BluarianKnight truly isn't Mafia, and is consistent with being truthful of having
Roleblock, and being Town, then Jim Groovester could be stopped from possibly doing a Kill action (P7) on me.
My Steal would also act as an impromptu ad-hoc "Inspection," since I'd able to deduct the truth from my Steal results.

If Jim Groovester is truly not Maifa, however, and a Kill action is successful on me, then we know BluarianKnight is the Mafia;
logic being that my Steal results would finally line up with what Jim Groovester was claiming all along the entire game,
thus BluarianKnight being finally 100% suspect in my eyes, they would have to maneuver to kill me;
along with the added fact that I specifically requested for Roleblock support on Jim Groovester (who I heavily suspect as Mafia),
but with me still ending up dead.

I don't have to use Steal to determine if BluarianKnight is telling the truth about their abilities, because I they have been
consistent in their claims of Roleblocking, along with the key detail of Knightwing64's Auto-Revive ability being Blocked; a fact
BluarianKnight admitted to outright.

Though, I do have to use Steal on Jim Groovester to finally find the truth. Every instance he's claimed to have
had used Redirect... has been very shaky so far.

Oliverz144 initially called out Jim Groovester possibly lying about Redirect; along with the
fact it's still not concrete if there is any truth to Jim's previous claim, that he used Redirect against BluarianKnight toward EuchreJack. If that was the full truth, then Knightwing64 would have either been saved altogether, or would have been Revived without his
Auto-Revive being blocked at all. Nobody else has claimed to have had Roleblock except BluarianKnight this entire game.

TricMagic really has no room in this proposition, since he has apparently used up all his 1-Use abilities.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 28, 2022, 07:01:46 pm »

I initially wrote up my final decision, but before I post it, I want to take your advice and ask @webadict directly. I want to be at least 85% sure before I post.

Redirection merely changes the Target being Targeted, correct? The effects of the entire turn order for the Night does take effect until everything is processed?
Correct. Redirection works at the time of the priority on the Action. (Typically 4, but sometimes Actions are, naturally, not as expected.)

This means is a Player's Action has resolved BEFORE the Redirection, the target change has no effect, and if it is AFTER the Redirection, the the target is changed.

I just want to double confirm it with webadict:

In this Miseliminate-or-Lose, is it MANDATORY to vote for a player at this phase type? Is going for the "no option" not allowed? This was never deliberatively specified. All the notary says that if we eliminate the wrong person would bring a likely result of losing the game, and that our votes are permanent.
Voting for No one is absolutely allowed. In Miseliminate and Lose, voting No one is a valid solution, since the Mafia typically only have one kill.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 28, 2022, 07:05:24 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
BluarianKnight - 2 - TricMagic*, Jim Groovester*,
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 2 - BluarianKnight, Lidku,

3 to Hammer. Day ends on June 29, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~24 hours remaining).

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 28, 2022, 07:13:19 pm »

For a theoretical night 4, Jim redirects Blue. You die, or live to inspect BlueKnight. I do bupkiss cause I got nothing left to synthesize.

Either way, tomorrow BlueKnight dies.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 28, 2022, 07:38:56 pm »

For a theoretical night 4, Jim redirects Blue. You die, or live to inspect BlueKnight. I do bupkiss cause I got nothing left to synthesize.

Either way, tomorrow BlueKnight dies.

Though, alright. Considering the fact my Inspection clued Jim as "Town," I guess I'll have to take that (though I really hope his role doesn't have some Godfather-like aura/modifier this whole time.. which still puts doubt in my choice in believing that he may be Town). I'll wait for BluarianKnight to say what they're supposedly going to post and then make my final deciding vote. The general inactivity from them is making me just want to vote for them, and get this over with, but I can sympathize if they're genuinely busy with IRL activities.

Though, I just want to ask you TricMagic: why did you flip from not suspecting BluarianKnight anymore, to suspecting Jim, then toward suspecting BluarianKnight again? Any reason for that? Your reason for switching back was pretty weak, tbh. Do you want to just rush the game along due to boredom, perhaps? I'm new to Mafia, but I think even you should know that these games are long by design.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 28, 2022, 08:04:57 pm »

Honestly?

I don't think I'm escaping this vote, so hit me. I've been a little too scatterbrained to commit much, and I don't have much evidence to point at Jim with.. but I think it's Jim.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 28, 2022, 08:16:37 pm »

Also, I'd like to relay my reason why I still strongly suspect Jim Groovester, to some extent.

Even with webadict clearing up Turn Order resolutions to me, and Jim Groovester still having a save toward why his Redirect didn't save Knightwing64... His Oliverz144 accusation still has not been definitively cleared...

I redirected Oliverz144 to Maximum Spin.

He said he Redirected Oliverz144 toward Maximum Spin. If that was the case, Oliverz144 would have discovered who the killer was. Instead, that didn't happen at all; which makes me lean toward Jim Groovester being deceptionatory about having Redirect at all still.. Like Oliverz144 mentioned before.. something just doesn't seem right about this at all.

Redirect is P4 and Oliverz144's unique Track/Watch combined ability was P10. Oliverz144 mentioned he used the WATCH portion his P10 ability on me, since he suspected me to be the N1 kill. A Kill, as an action within itself, is P7. With Jim Groovester's claimed Redirect, Oliverz144 SHOULD have learned who the Killer was, since Watch reveals all actions other Players do on your Target. Jim HAS to be lying..

Honestly?

I don't think I'm escaping this vote, so hit me. I've been a little too scatterbrained to commit much, and I don't have much evidence to point at Jim with.. but I think it's Jim.

C'mon! Don't give up on me. Did you see my proposal?

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 28, 2022, 08:32:49 pm »

Also, I'd like to relay my reason why I still strongly suspect Jim Groovester, to some extent.

Even with webadict clearing up Turn Order resolutions to me, and Jim Groovester still having a save toward why his Redirect didn't save Knightwing64... His Oliverz144 accusation still has not been definitively cleared...

I redirected Oliverz144 to Maximum Spin.

He said he Redirected Oliverz144 toward Maximum Spin. If that was the case, Oliverz144 would have discovered who the killer was. Instead, that didn't happen at all; which makes me lean toward Jim Groovester being deceptionatory about having Redirect at all still.. Like Oliverz144 mentioned before.. something just doesn't seem right about this at all.

Redirect is P4 and Oliverz144's unique Track/Watch combined ability was P10. Oliverz144 mentioned he used the WATCH portion his P10 ability on me, since he suspected me to be the N1 kill. A Kill, as an action within itself, is P7. With Jim Groovester's claimed Redirect, Oliverz144 SHOULD have learned who the Killer was, since Watch reveals all actions other Players do on your Target. Jim HAS to be lying..

Honestly?

C'mon! Don't give up on me. Did you see my proposal?

From what I know, Mafia chooses what wins ties. So I'm dead either way.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 28, 2022, 08:41:32 pm »

If we both vote no vote, wouldn't the we just proceed in N4?

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 28, 2022, 08:55:38 pm »

No vote.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 28, 2022, 09:05:42 pm »

And that ends the game. There is no longer a way for the Town to win.

You are torn between it being BluarianKnight and, well, no one. After a bit of decision-making, Jim says, "Well, if we can't make up our mind, then I'm gonna just tell Webley it's BluarianKnight."

The group, and especially BluarianKnight complain a bit, but TricMagic has already decided with Jim, and when Webley arrives, Jim steps forward, holding a myriad of sandwiches.

"These were in all of their lockers. It was actually all of them, they confessed."

The group is awestruck, looking at Jim with gaping mouths at the sheer blatant lie he tells, but you're all fired before it can be straightened out.

Jim Groovester then eats a celebratory sandwich from the work fridge.

Vote Count
------------------------
BluarianKnight - 2 - Jim Groovester*, TricMagic*,
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 1 - BluarianKnight*,

Not Voting - 1 - Lidku,

3 to Hammer. Day ends on June 29, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (23 hours and 2 minutes remaining.)

Vote is tied (at best) and the Mafia chooses...

BluarianKnight has been chosen for execution.

BluarianKnight is a Necromancer (Town).

Game Over. Mafia (EuchreJack and Jim Groovester) win!

BluarianKnight
Role Name:  Necromancer
Alignment:  Town

Abilities:
(Auto) Restless Undead:  Once per Game while you’re dead, you may submit a vote to the moderator that is added to the final vote count for the next End of Day. If this results in a tie, your vote breaks that tie.
Tags:  Death

{P3} (Night) Spook [target]:  You send a couple skeletons to scare the target.  The target will be roleblocked, but they will not be told they were roleblocked.
Tags:  Block

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Game Over!
« Reply #374 on: June 28, 2022, 09:12:07 pm »

Questions, Comments, Concerns?!

I hope everyone had fun playing our first ever Beginner BYOR game!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27