Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 26023 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Day 3: Eliminate Or Lose
« Reply #315 on: June 26, 2022, 09:16:39 am »

For all that, we've lost the ability to choose if Lidku is town. Which I feel he is. So I'll put my money there too, EucrheJack.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #316 on: June 26, 2022, 09:28:08 am »

Hey TricMagic, I asked you before further down in the thread, but I don't know if you saw my question.

I suspect you the least out of everyone, like I said before, but I just want to know, who did you Redirect EuchreJack toward on N1? You said you used your 1-use Redirect on him, but never revealed the secondary sub-target that was redirected against.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 26, 2022, 09:54:28 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
EuchreJack - 2 - Lidku*, TricMagic*,
BluarianKnight - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 3 - BluarianKnight, EuchreJack, Jim Groovester,

3 to Hammer. Day ends on June 28, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~58 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 26, 2022, 10:27:48 am »

For all that, we've lost the ability to choose if Lidku is town. Which I feel he is. So I'll put my money there too, EucrheJack.

I really hope EuchreJack is scum because in order for town to win if he's not is for BluarianKnight, EuchreJack, and I all to agree on somebody to lynch and the only two people we could all agree on is TricMagic or Lidku, and I don't see that happening.

On Day 4 don't cast your fucking votes early, goddammit.

EuchreJack.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 26, 2022, 10:50:03 am »

Lidku is the first to jump, pointing at EuchreJack. TricMagic and Jim Groovester follow, and Webley quickly fires them.

"Now, let's just rethink this proposition, Webley. You can't fire me. Because I quit!" EuchreJack proudly declares, crossing his arms.

Webley just shrugs his shoulders. "Uh, okay, clear out your locker, anyway."

EuchreJack realizes his mistake, but dejectedly walks to his locker. He opens it to find several sandwiches, several of which are so old, that they've turned shades of blue and green, in there. The smell is so strong that several employees flee the scene, including EuchreJack.

"Neh he he!" he cackles, throwing moldy sandwiches through the store on his exit. "Your sandwiches were bad, anyway!"

Webley hastily eats a sandwich before calling in the night cleaning crew to fix the problem, and also stealthily pocketing the hundred dollar bill without anyone noticing.

Vote Count
------------------------
EuchreJack - 3 - Lidku*, TricMagic*, Jim Groovester*,
BluarianKnight - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 2 - BluarianKnight, EuchreJack,

3 to Hammer. Day ends on June 28, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~57 hours remaining).

EuchreJack has been chosen for elimination.

EuchreJack was Tin Knight Galahad (Mafia).

It is now Night. Night ends when all Actions have been sent or 36 hours have passed. If you wish to perform No Action, please send me that as well.

NOTE: One of the Mafia has been eliminated. This means that one Mafia remains.

EuchreJack
Role Name:  Tin Knight Galahad
Alignment:  Mafia

Abilities:
{PT} (Auto) Automaton:  Who could read the mind of a robot?  Action Inspect, Watch, Copy, and Steal Abilities performed on you always target Knight Duty, regardless of your Actions.
Tag:  Trigger

{P5} (Night) Knight Duty [target]:  It is only a knight’s duty to protect others. You protect the target from Kill actions.  If this protection succeeds, you are alerted and this ability is removed from your role.
Tags:  Protect

{P-1} (Night) Holy Grail [target]:  You use the power of the Holy Grail to prevent the target from being roleblocked.
Tags:  Super

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Night 3: One Down, One To Go
« Reply #320 on: June 27, 2022, 09:20:35 pm »

You all arrive at work, and find that no one has been fired.  Weird, Webley always seems a bit eager to make someone leave, but you stop thinking about it until he pulls a last minute meeting again.

Honestly, you really just want the money he promised Yesterday, so you decide to find that last sandwich thief.

Vote Count
------------------------
BluarianKnight - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - BluarianKnight, Jim Groovester, Lidku, TricMagic,

3 to Hammer. Day ends on June 29, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~46 hours remaining).

NOTE:  This is a situation known as Miseliminate and Lose.  Your votes are STILL permanent, however, but instant loss from being wrong may not occur.  Eliminating the wrong Player here is likely to lose the game, though.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Day 4: Final Four
« Reply #321 on: June 27, 2022, 09:39:26 pm »

My deepest apologizes, Jim Groovester. You're actually Town...

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 27, 2022, 09:42:10 pm »

This means that at least me and Jim Groovester are confirmed Town at this point. I'm slightly stumped at who it could be between BluarianKnight and TricMagic.. but again, only slightly...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 27, 2022, 09:42:32 pm »

I think it's BK here.

Unless Lidku is a psychopath and hated EuchreJack there's basically no way he's scum. I'd be very surprised if TricMagic is scum and if he is then he's playing a hell of a game.

I did nothing; there was no good choice to redirect the night kill to.

My deepest apologizes, Jim Groovester. You're actually Town...

I really wish it didn't take a role result for you to come to this conclusion. Ideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally you would've been able to read me as town based on what I've been doing and how I've been interacting with others.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 27, 2022, 09:59:42 pm »

Wait, I just re-read the entire thread and I've found a couple things strange, Jim.

Not once did EuchreJack put a vote on TricMagic, even when TricMagic was being very aggressive toward him. Also, all of EuchreJack's previous reads constantly reassure TricMagic is Town.. almost to a dogmatic extent.

I also found this strange on pg. 13

...Well, barring everything else, Jack didn't do the kill.

So, who did what last night?

Why did TricMagic say this randomly, with no further explanation?

TricMagic also has ignored my previous questions on who he supposedly Redirected EuchreJack on N1 toward. He just mentioned it, but never elaborated further. I guess the counter of him not answering it, could be that he forgot about it when BK mentioned they roleblocked him, but I re-brought it up a couple pages later (the previous page, I think, even).

EuchreJack constantly voted on BluarianKnight. It could have been a diversionary tactic? But again, he suspiciously ignored pushing any weight on TricMagic all game.

Though to be honest, TricMagic put a lot of weight on EuchreJack the whole game.. but could've that been a routine?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 27, 2022, 10:05:32 pm »

I really wish it didn't take a role result for you to come to this conclusion. Ideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally you would've been able to read me as town based on what I've been doing and how I've been interacting with others.

You're entirely right.. now I wished I would've trounced it on either TricMagic or BluarianKnight.. but all the self-hype I put into it being you, caused my folly of wasting my alignment reveal ability. Since we're in Eliminate-or-Lose right now, I guess it doesn't matter that I mention my reveal ability is only 1-Use.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 27, 2022, 10:24:49 pm »

But I actually kinda find it baffling that the sole Mafia wouldn't do a kill last night... Especially on me, after I revealed that I could determine alignment.. Why allow me to have any percentage of a change to reveal the last Mafia?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 28, 2022, 02:35:46 am »

Let's see.

As I mentioned during Day 3 the game didn't immediately end when Lidku voted EuchreJack so that means there was at least one scum between the two of them. It's technically possible that they could both be scum but I feel like that's a vanishingly small chance. For how much Lidku had to say about me during Day 3 he could have voted me instead, and this would have worked out better for a Lidku/EuchreJack team than Lidku voting EuchreJack. I don't think Lidku is worth considering as scum here.

TricMagic has been active, aggressive, and confrontational. If TricMagic is scum then his game is significantly different than in the Headhunter where he was much more reserved. TricMagic THUNDERDOMED BluarianKnight which is stupid but is an action I much more readily see a town player calling for than a scum player. TricMagic spent a large portion of Day 1 and a bit of Day 2 trying to get EuchreJack lynched, and TricMagic cast the second vote on EuchreJack during Day 3, essentially sealing his fate. If TricMagic is scum then even with Lidku's vote on EuchreJack a TricMagic/EuchreJack team still has a viable option of pulling out a Day 3 win by trying to convince me to vote for BluarianKnight before EuchreJack, but TricMagic decides not to pursue that option, opting instead to put EuchreJack at L-1, which if he were scum would be incredibly cutthroat and ruthless of him. I think the likelier explanation for TricMagic's behavior is that he's town. As Lidku points out EuchreJack consistently since the start of the game reads TricMagic as town which is an odd interaction, but while EuchreJack's interactions with TricMagic are off, TricMagic's interactions with EuchreJack seem normal enough.

BluarianKnight has played somewhat passively and more often than not has faded into the background during days due to low activity relative to other players. Day 1 BluarianKnight goes after Roden and the case is somewhat sensible (if eventually incorrect) but then goes after Oliverz144 with kind of a low effort case. During Night 1 BluarianKnight says Oliverz144 is noob town, then later on in Day 2 reverses the read and suspects Oliverz144 again. The reversal of attitude regarding Oliverz144 is something I noted during Day 2 and is something I find concerning. Day 3 BK doesn't do much but given how the day unfolded that's not really that surprising or that damning. On Day 1 BK goes after TricMagic for being too aggressive against EuchreJack which was a strange interaction that I noted during Day 1. During Day 2 EuchreJack votes BluarianKnight twice but the votes don't seem serious and don't go anywhere. Rather than try to get momentum on BluarianKnight EuchreJack decides to hammer Oliverz144. Given the weaker play and the lack of significant interaction between BluarianKnight and EuchreJack I think BK's play can plausibly be weak town and can also plausibly be weak scum. This makes the BluarianKnight/EuchreJack team the most likely in my opinion and therefore BluaranKnight as the likeliest final scum player. There's also that BluarianKnight is always scum and never not scum so he has that working against him as well.

I'll wait for TricMagic and BluarianKnight to show up and say their piece but I'm reasonably confident it's BluarianKnight.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 28, 2022, 03:32:58 am »

It's interesting to note that when I unintentionally jumped the gun and voted EuchreJack (jumped the gun, because I didn't see our votes on D3 would have been much permanent, until much later. If I did, I would not have voted EuchreJack so early, even though I heavily suspected him the most) BluarianKnight has stopped posting altogether.. and your point about their general precipitatiously low activity is a good point as well...

But could there be a smidgen of truth to what BluarianKnight has been saying so far? BluarianKnight has been consistent in claiming that their role has a roleblocker ability. What makes me believe them further, some what, is the fact that they mentioned they indirectly/accidentally got Knightwing64 killed by roleblocking his Auto-Revive ability.

If Knightwing 64 didn't have his role blocked on N2, he would have been present with us in D3.

Generally, this Auto-Revive ability seemingly generated for him after I used my Steal ability on his "Late Arrival" ability; which was an ability that Auto roleblocked you... or maybe he had the Auto-Revive ability the whole time, and the Auto-Blocker was in place to ensure he was at least killable on N1 for balance reasons?

To refocus all this in general, there is a high percentage of truth in BluarianKnight claiming to be a "Necromancer" with an ability to Block people; as well as vote beyond the grave if dead.

So far, Jim Groovester has only claimed to have Redirect as their main ability. BluarianKnight's main ability is Roleblocking. My main one was Inspection, but it's gone now.. TricMagic claims to have three (3) 1-Use abilities, which so far, only one exists for him now: a "Bus" ability. His "Super Protect" he mentioned he used on Jim and his 1-use Redirect was apparently used on EuchreJack; a Redirect TricMagic has yet to reveal WHO he redirected EuchreJack toward.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 28, 2022, 04:01:10 am »

Quote from: Jim Groovester
BluarianKnight has played somewhat passively and more often than not has faded into the background during days due to low activity relative to other players. Day 1 BluarianKnight goes after Roden and the case is somewhat sensible (if eventually incorrect) but then goes after Oliverz144 with kind of a low effort case. During Night 1 BluarianKnight says Oliverz144 is noob town, then later on in Day 2 reverses the read and suspects Oliverz144 again. The reversal of attitude regarding Oliverz144 is something I noted during Day 2 and is something I find concerning. Day 3 BK doesn't do much but given how the day unfolded that's not really that surprising or that damning. On Day 1 BK goes after TricMagic for being too aggressive against EuchreJack which was a strange interaction that I noted during Day 1. During Day 2 EuchreJack votes BluarianKnight twice but the votes don't seem serious and don't go anywhere. Rather than try to get momentum on BluarianKnight EuchreJack decides to hammer Oliverz144. Given the weaker play and the lack of significant interaction between BluarianKnight and EuchreJack I think BK's play can plausibly be weak town and can also plausibly be weak scum. This makes the BluarianKnight/EuchreJack team the most likely in my opinion and therefore BluaranKnight as the likeliest final scum player. There's also that BluarianKnight is always scum and never not scum so he has that working against him as well.

After reading this, my opinion is changing to lean toward BluarianKnight, but I still have a few waning questions for TricMagic, though...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27