Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 26093 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Day 2: A Retired Game of BYOR
« Reply #210 on: June 23, 2022, 09:57:03 pm »

...Jack, what did you do last night that has you so cagey? I already know you didn't hit Max unless something else was going on. So why no claim?

I'm not claiming.  Put on that big brain cap and think about why I would avoid claiming.
HINT: You apparently know I didn't do the kill.  So use that knowledge and work through the possibilities. Please don't be stupid, Tric.
Unfortunately, I can't help you any more than this.  Further prodding of me on this Day is just going to risk revealing stuff best left unsaid.

We would like a answer, not a deflection this time Jack.
My answer is that I'm not claiming.  Tric apparently has an ability that can confirm that I didn't kill Max, so that should be sufficient reason not to vote me.

This is the best move for town.  It doesn't matter if you believe me, because this is the best move for town.

I'll claim when/if that would help town.  Until then, NOPE.

Well, I'm going to vote BluarianKnight, at least until Blue posts something decent.  Blue doesn't post much as scum.  But Blue also doesn't post much as town.  And I've been busy also, so I can sympathize.  But we'll call this incentive.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 23, 2022, 10:04:28 pm »

Right, first.

Just a few things I want answered before I make a big post.

...Well, barring everything else, Jack didn't do the kill.

So, who did what last night?

How do you know this?

Thinking it through I think Oliverz144 looks worst coming from the end of day 1. I don't think Knightwing64 hammers as scum here although I think I would've preferred the thread being open a little bit longer to engage with Roden before end of day.

Oliverz144's suspects were the two most popular non-Oliverz144 wagons at the time despite the contradiction of Roden and TricMagic voting each other and then later on reinvents his reads to hop on a popular bandwagon that also coincidentally saves himself. He swaps briefly over to BluarianKnight, I assume after Maximum Spin indicated he'd swap if Oliverz144 was willing, but Maximum Spin doesn't show up or didn't see it before Oliverz144 literally says whatever and votes Roden.

There's also that I respect Maximum Spin's reads a lot when he's willing to confidently take a stand on stuff like that and Maximum Spin read Oliverz144 as scum.

I redirected Oliverz144 to Maximum Spin.

I like this, especially when he then prevents Tric from using this to start a wagon;

This is stupid.

Redirecting somebody to the night kill isn't even that great evidence that they performed the night kill so stop waiting in anticipation to react to something that isn't even really a gotcha.

No, nvm, he wouldnt. My bad.
Tell me more about your redirection, jim. What does it do if somebody has 2 actions?

Give us context on this. What did you do last night?

We would like a answer, not a deflection this time Jack.

... "We".

I really, really don't like that. Why are you jumping alongside Tric when he's your 2 scumlist?

It might be a slight stretch but.. the fact you've swapped from Tric to pressing Jack makes that post rub me the wrong way.

Post more tomorrow.

FAKEEDIT: EUCHRE I WANT TO SLEEP.
FAKEEDIT 2: I thought we were talking about JIM, not JACK. Still, my point on how you labeled Tric as scum then swapped rubs me in a weird way.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 23, 2022, 10:16:04 pm »

Ninja by Blue.  Decent enough for me to vote Lidku for now.  Explanation to follow.  I sympathize, as I also had a long day.

FYI, I probably won't be able to post until late tomorrow due to work, but maybe work will be less than expected.  So maybe I'll be able to post more.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 23, 2022, 10:22:10 pm »

I stated what I did last night like 5 posts ago bro. I did nothing. I had a ability called late arrival that only let me use my abilities after d2 started.

The worst ability in the entire game. When you first clued to it in the beginning, I found that interesting such I had an ability that let me steal other's. Then when I got to use it against you, now I also have the same effect.

So, this sounds to me like a fake claim.  Roden had a copy ability, and was town.  Max had a copy the dead ability, and was town.  Now Lidku claims to have a copy type ability, and we're supposed to believe they are town as well!?  And how convenient that Lidku can't do anything!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 23, 2022, 10:34:38 pm »

Reads list:
TricMagic: Honestly, I'm starting to like townreading Tric, since it pisses him off.  But yeah, insane active Tric is town!Tric.
Jim Groovester: Seems to be contributing.  Also I think he's mistaken about Oliverz144. Insightful but stupid...ah town!Jim I've missed you.
Oliverz144: I think we're seeing newbie town mistakes instead of newbie scum mistakes.
BluarianKnight: Ninja Blue did a good job posting, and had a few good ideas.  I'll upgrade to Null and re-evaluate Tomorrow with the promised Large Post.
Knightwing64: Good points from Blue about Knightwing's behavior being scummy. I wish Max was alive to tell me Knightwing's alignment.
Lidku: I think Lidku is fake claiming. I think Lidku is scum.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #215 on: June 23, 2022, 11:17:18 pm »

I'm not scum at all. I'm regular Beginner Mafia Citizenry. I only revealed I had a copy ability because other people started revealing theirs, and I wanted to lament how bad Knightwing64's ability was.

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 24, 2022, 12:12:45 am »

Please, jim grooveester, ive seen very few content from you.
Could you share some reads? I will directly follow you!
Correct my english! May Christ bless You!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 24, 2022, 01:28:34 am »

Day 2 has been very uninteresting so far.

How do you know this?

The obvious implication is that TricMagic targeted EuchreJack during N1 and received results.

I stated what I did last night like 5 posts ago bro. I did nothing. I had a ability called late arrival that only let me use my abilities after d2 started.
The worst ability in the entire game. When you first clued to it in the beginning, I found that interesting such I had an ability that let me steal other's. Then when I got to use it against you, now I also have the same effect.

So, this sounds to me like a fake claim.  Roden had a copy ability, and was town.  Max had a copy the dead ability, and was town.  Now Lidku claims to have a copy type ability, and we're supposed to believe they are town as well!?  And how convenient that Lidku can't do anything!

Didn't we have this conversation in SBYOR2 with the three miller claims?

You're suspecting Lidku because you're second guessing woobadooba. Would prepare for wubble make it double reeeeeeeeeeally never make a nine player game with three roles with similar abilities, considering that team rocket blasts off at the speed of light seems to despise mechanically solving the game and setup based reasoning?

Oliverz144: I think we're seeing newbie town mistakes instead of newbie scum mistakes.

Oliverz144 stated he's not new to mafia and knows enough terminology to demonstrate his experience.

You agreed with me on Day 1 about Lidku being town. Is his claim really that far out of field for you that you've flipped your opinion about him?

Why would you want to follow me when I want to lynch you?

Also Day 2 has had terrible development until essentially the last few hours when everybody finally posted.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 24, 2022, 01:37:48 am »

Day 2 has been very uninteresting so far.

How do you know this?

The obvious implication is that TricMagic targeted EuchreJack during N1 and received results.

Didn't we have this conversation in SBYOR2 with the three miller claims?

You're suspecting Lidku because you're second guessing woobadooba. Would prepare for wubble make it double reeeeeeeeeeally never make a nine player game with three roles with similar abilities, considering that team rocket blasts off at the speed of light seems to despise mechanically solving the game and setup based reasoning?

Oliverz144 stated he's not new to mafia and knows enough terminology to demonstrate his experience.

You agreed with me on Day 1 about Lidku being town. Is his claim really that far out of field for you that you've flipped your opinion about him?

Why would you want to follow me when I want to lynch you?

Also Day 2 has had terrible development until essentially the last few hours when everybody finally posted.
I will follow with ny own reads after you post yours

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 24, 2022, 03:20:51 am »

Oh, that's what you mean.

I'm tired. I'll do it tomorrow.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 24, 2022, 05:08:14 am »

Oh, that's what you mean.

I'm tired. I'll do it tomorrow.
Please do it in the next 8h. Thank you!!!!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 24, 2022, 06:21:55 am »

Really? I’m scum now, because I said we? I still think Tric is scum, I was jumping with him because he had a valid point and I wanted to push Jack into responding because nobody had posted for awhile after Tric did.

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Find The Thieves!
« Reply #222 on: June 24, 2022, 07:23:23 am »

@Max: Is Knightwing scum? I never figured out how to use the secret decoder ring to detect Knightwing's alignment.
So far he seems like he's actually trying. Maybe not MUCH, but I'd definitely say the secret decoder ring isn't giving me any strong scum signal. That said, I'm not convinced of the continuing utility of that ring now that he knows the secret and can just stop doing it.

I have not read the rest of the thread yet.
I think that knightwing is town for this.
Mafia  wouldnt kill maximum if he townreads one of their scummers.
So far i think the team is tric/jack, with jim maybe somewhere in there

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 24, 2022, 08:19:52 am »

... EuchreJack. You should be aware you were targeted. So, who exactly did you act upon? If it's anything other than the one I redirected you to, that means you're hiding something. If it is the one I redirected you to, then you're cleared of the kill. That's pretty simple logic, unless you have a reason not to state who you targeted last night.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #224 on: June 24, 2022, 08:40:38 am »

Yeah, Jack is acting kind of sus right now.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27