Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 25979 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Night 1: Smear The Smeargle.
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2022, 01:07:27 pm »

You arrive at work the next morning to find that Maximum Spin has been fired. Webley walks back and forth in front of the crew while the store manager addresses the crew.  Once the she finished talking, Webley throws several photos, many horribly Photoshopped, of Maximum Spin eating sandwiches.

“And I thought he was one of the good ones!” Webley yells before running off crying and slamming the office door shut.

The rest of you quickly, and obviously, point out that the real criminals probably did this.  As the store starts up, Maximum Spin hands in his work badge, flips off the entire store, and then leaves.

At the end of the workday, you find yourselves (save two now) back in the office, and the gift card price has doubled to $50 now for the thieves’ names.

Maximum Spin has died.

Maximum Spin was An Entire Game of BYOR Mafia (Town).

Vote Count
------------------------
BluarianKnight - 0 -
EuchreJack - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
Oliverz144 - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 7 - BluarianKnight, EuchreJack, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64, Lidku, Oliverz144, TricMagic,

4 to Hammer. Day ends on June 24, 2022 at 22:00 CDT (~56 hours remaining).

It is now Day.

Maximum Spin
Role Name:  An Entire Game of BYOR Mafia
Alignment:  Town

Abilities:
(Auto) Game Within A Game:  You want an entire game, you got one!  During Day 1, group all nine (9) Players into three (3) groups of three (3).  You may use Actions from dead Players, but those Actions may only target Players from within the same group as the dead Player.

{PT} (Auto) An Entire Mind Game:  Welcome to WIFOM, population you.  Non-Kill Actions performed on you do nothing instead.
Tags:  Trigger

(Auto) Bringing Your Own Mafia:  Let’s give you a benefit for predicting correctly.  If all other Players within your group are dead, you may perform any number of different Actions.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Day 2: A Retired Game of BYOR
« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2022, 04:33:51 pm »

...Well, barring everything else, Jack didn't do the kill.

So, who did what last night?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2022, 04:40:37 pm »

I didn’t do anything, I had a ability called late arrival so my character couldn’t use any abilities till d2.

Also, I’m pretty sure scum team is Tric and Oliver.

Okay. As for the explanation, Tric told me to vote a townie, he could have been mistaken, no biggie. But who was the other person in threat of being lynched? Oliver.

Plus, Earlier someone said that Tric was acting testy early game and that normally only happened when he is saddled with a noob.

Also, one of the people that voted Oliver is now dead.

You guys are looking more and more suspicious.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2022, 04:43:12 pm »

Sorry for the double post but u can’t edit and need to add something. Whenever somebody has something negative to say about Oliver, you give excuses.

Hmm, Oliver or Roden…
Roden. Oliver is just being.. Bad.

Jim knight lidku is my no touch town zone.
That leaves 2 out of 5. Not bad ngl.
I soon gotta self pres and trics last post wasnt that bad actually.
roden
Short as this is it's at least a list for them. But it seems like they're phone posting. Are you Oliverz144?

Also, I don’t think you have ever voted Oliver. Even as a joke.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2022, 04:47:28 pm »

Thinking it through I think Oliverz144 looks worst coming from the end of day 1. I don't think Knightwing64 hammers as scum here although I think I would've preferred the thread being open a little bit longer to engage with Roden before end of day.

Oliverz144's suspects were the two most popular non-Oliverz144 wagons at the time despite the contradiction of Roden and TricMagic voting each other and then later on reinvents his reads to hop on a popular bandwagon that also coincidentally saves himself. He swaps briefly over to BluarianKnight, I assume after Maximum Spin indicated he'd swap if Oliverz144 was willing, but Maximum Spin doesn't show up or didn't see it before Oliverz144 literally says whatever and votes Roden.

There's also that I respect Maximum Spin's reads a lot when he's willing to confidently take a stand on stuff like that and Maximum Spin read Oliverz144 as scum.

I redirected Oliverz144 to Maximum Spin.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2022, 05:03:36 pm »

Got something to say to that Oliver?

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2022, 08:48:08 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Oliverz144 - 1 - Jim Groovester*,
BluarianKnight - 0 -
EuchreJack - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 6 - BluarianKnight, EuchreJack, Knightwing64, Lidku, Oliverz144, TricMagic,

4 to Hammer. Day ends on June 24, 2022 at 22:00 CDT (~49 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2022, 09:37:54 pm »

I would also like to know how Oliver responds.

@Blu: What are your thoughts?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2022, 11:15:35 pm »

This is stupid.

Redirecting somebody to the night kill isn't even that great evidence that they performed the night kill so stop waiting in anticipation to react to something that isn't even really a gotcha.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2022, 11:16:53 pm »

Do I need to dust off my Beginner's Mafia IC hat and treat all of you like beginners?

Go do stuff.

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 23, 2022, 12:14:39 am »

Sorry for the double post but u can’t edit and need to add something. Whenever somebody has something negative to say about Oliver, you give excuses.

Hmm, Oliver or Roden…
Roden. Oliver is just being.. Bad.

Jim knight lidku is my no touch town zone.
That leaves 2 out of 5. Not bad ngl.
I soon gotta self pres and trics last post wasnt that bad actually.
roden
Short as this is it's at least a list for them. But it seems like they're phone posting. Are you Oliverz144?

Also, I don’t think you have ever voted Oliver. Even as a joke.
Im indeed phone posting.
Correct my english! May Christ bless You!

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 23, 2022, 12:17:38 am »

Thinking it through I think Oliverz144 looks worst coming from the end of day 1. I don't think Knightwing64 hammers as scum here although I think I would've preferred the thread being open a little bit longer to engage with Roden before end of day.

Oliverz144's suspects were the two most popular non-Oliverz144 wagons at the time despite the contradiction of Roden and TricMagic voting each other and then later on reinvents his reads to hop on a popular bandwagon that also coincidentally saves himself. He swaps briefly over to BluarianKnight, I assume after Maximum Spin indicated he'd swap if Oliverz144 was willing, but Maximum Spin doesn't show up or didn't see it before Oliverz144 literally says whatever and votes Roden.

There's also that I respect Maximum Spin's reads a lot when he's willing to confidently take a stand on stuff like that and Maximum Spin read Oliverz144 as scum.

I redirected Oliverz144 to Maximum Spin.

Ouhh... thisbis getting spicyy
jim grooveester
If that would be true, max would be alive.

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 23, 2022, 12:18:55 am »

No, nvm, he wouldnt. My bad.
Tell me more about your redirection, jim. What does it do if somebody has 2 actions?

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 23, 2022, 12:25:51 am »

I had to vote roden yesterday.
It was a self preservation. The usual d1 lynch over nothing. Given ny town alignment (just ASSUME IT if you cant believe it) the d1 wagons were t/t. This is a totally bad look.
However, mafia knows our alignments, so there could be some bad read changes yesterday. I will take a look.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2022, 03:10:02 am »

No, nvm, he wouldnt. My bad.
Tell me more about your redirection, jim. What does it do if somebody has 2 actions?

If both your actions target another player, then I expect both actions would be redirected.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27