Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: The Headhunter: Game Over! Cult Victory!  (Read 11970 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Day 1
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2022, 02:47:42 am »

Vector

I find Web more convincing, sorry.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2022, 04:40:41 am »

- Other players usually see you as too much of an asset (or maybe just too slimy) to fight with.
- That means somebody's gotta tangle with you, and as far as I can see it, I'm the only one here with the guts.
- With that said, the only possible way that my alignment is going to get cleared through reading is by you.
- Town or scum, it's hugely to my advantage to go straight for ya!
The great thing here is there IS a second way you get cleared, it just doesn't happen through reading. I'm pretty sure you're scum, however, because you tend to be a bit more aggressive as scum, and not in the good way where you cut through bad arguments like their butter, but the gonna-bite-your-face-with-fangs way. And while you're not exactly 100% on reading me, you tend to read my intent pretty well, and I think you are missing it pretty hard here.

But everyone else tries to read my alignment in their own way. EuchreJack relies on me finding him as Town. Roden, I guess, relies on traps and angering me. Knightwing uses water dousing (Actually, Knightwing... might be scarily accurate. Will have to look into this.) And, TricMagic uses logic that would destroy C'thulhu's mind. To say they don't tangle with me is to minimize their contributions. They just do things differently. Some of them moreso than others.

The benefit of going for me is actually only if you clear me as Town. If you accidentally clear me when I'm scum, then that's super bad for everyone else but me, and if you clear me when you're scum, it's super bad for you. If you think I'm scum, my goal would be pretty forced, exactly as Roden said. I would have to swap onto Roden to win if I were scum, and I'm not entirely sure that's possible for me anymore (I only have one Day to catch scum before winning is probably impossible). I think you probably see that I've sorta cut off everyone but Roden pretty well, which is why I am trying my best to get you to see me as Town, so that I can correctly deem each of you as Town or scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2022, 04:42:18 am »

Wait, no, Knightwing thought I was scum in the game where he was King. Only regular accurate.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2022, 07:55:15 am »

Vector

I find Web more convincing, sorry.
I find you less convincing Roden. Your posts seem to be more about keeping the PoE open enough to slide by, rather than get confined into a case where you'd get targeted. That and your posts don't sit right with me.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2022, 08:01:43 am »

Are you saying I only guess who is mafia, web? Meanie

New and improved reads

Town:
Knightwing64
Webadict

Townish:
Tric
EuchreJack

? ? ?:
Roden

Scummy:
Vector

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2022, 08:29:26 am »

Are you saying I only guess who is mafia, web? Meanie

New and improved reads

Town:
Knightwing64
Webadict

Townish:
Tric
EuchreJack

? ? ?:
Roden

Scummy:
Vector
Yet still no reasoning for those reads. Awfully confident. Seriously, post some reasoning Knightwing.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2022, 08:40:04 am »

Knightwing64: obviously, I got the pm and everything.

Webadict: Scum web normally has a slightly different attitude, less of a asshole, basically running the game with well reasoned arguments. I trust them

Tric: You give me the same feeling that you do when you are town.
Jack: Seems just overall pretty trustable this game.

Roden: he said some things, like one person sus’s him I don’t really know

Vector: Testy, arguments aren’t very good, basically getting rekt by web, I mean, they could be town and just having a rough week but…

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Pre-Game
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2022, 09:06:05 am »

Jim nursed his scotch as the discussion unfolded. Accusations were levied and retracted though as the hours dragged a consensus appeared to be forming that Vector was the Headhunter.

The sun had set a while ago. If this continued for much longer he'd have to put a lid on this discussion and get a name from the executives.

And hopefully that would be the end of it. If it wasn't....

Jim signaled one of his assistants. The assistant refilled his scotch.

Day 1 will end on June 2nd at 22:00 CDT (AKA Forum Time), approximately 13 hours from now.

webadict -     1: Vector,
EuchreJack -   0:
TricMagic -    0:
Roden -        1: TricMagic,
Knightwing64 - 0:
Vector -       3: EuchreJack, webadict, Roden,

Not voting: Knightwing64,
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 11:46:38 am by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2022, 11:07:32 am »

We've got a bit more than 10 hours remaining. Get your arguments in now!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2022, 12:18:17 pm »

My life's kinda falling apart as usual, I hadn't noticed I was being testy. Sorry y'all, I'm trying not to bring it to the game.

But hey ... look at how I'm posting for y'all ... ;)

All right. Here's my position at this stage of the game:

- We don't have a clear, irrefutable consensus about which person is the Headhunter. I know some people think it's me, but I swear it isn't.
- Roden has been flip-flopping a lot between me and Web based on who's currently on heat.

- I feel an important part of this game that may be being missed by some people is that we are voting to see who to inspect, more or less, with a guaranteed kill on a scum result.
-- It's really not a bad thing as a townie to be the D1 inspect, BUT it might be more valuable for our more active and aggressive players to have someone else confirmed than to be confirmed themselves.

I did some thinking. Changing perspective, another question to ask is "who would it be valuable to eliminate D1 if scum and confirm if Town?"

If we're effectively just guessing D1, which seems to be something like what we're doing, I want to remind you all that I'm a terrible person to confirm because people usually don't believe their own mechanical results. I currently play with the "scum until they've handed you the whole scumteam" handicap. In a game with conversions, unless people have a good reason to suspect either of us actually is the Headhunter, getting "town" results on either of us is less helpful than getting a "town" result on almost any other player.

So let's look at the other four.

I think Roden is more likely out of the 6 - web - vec crew to be the Headhunter four behavioral reasons, AND I think that if Roden is town, it would be MUCH more valuable to confirm them than me or Web. Unless someone gives me a really good reason to move, this is going to be my EoD vote.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2022, 12:30:41 pm »

I gotta admit, that post is leagues better. If you had posted this before the other one, I probably would be on board. But, I don't think it's enough to convince me just yet.

Anyone else wanna say anything before I explain why?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2022, 03:12:37 pm »

I'm eagerly awaiting the Webadict reveal.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2022, 03:55:26 pm »

grabs popcorn

Ya got anything? Huh punk?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2022, 04:02:00 pm »

I'm eagerly awaiting the Webadict reveal.
grabs popcorn

Ya got anything? Huh punk?
It's not anything fancy, it's just me explaining. My thought process is that Roden is a literally a bit more obvious as scum. Additionally, if TricMagic is thinking it's Roden... It's probably not Roden.

I feel a bit bad, because I probably would be pushing a Roden bandwagon if I'd seen this post earlier, but it feels a lot like desperately trying to avoid being voted out, which isn't a death sentence/loss for anyone but the Cult Leader (and probably me, given I'll likely be converted Tomorrow if I'm wrong.) If this had come first, it would've made me reconsider Roden's positions, and it probably would leave EuchreJack questioning Vector's alignment along with me.

I'm not sure if Vector avoided starting like this because of anything in particular, but it's actually a really solid post from scum perspective. There's a good appeal to reason AND emotion, and if Vector wasn't leading the vote, it might be a great starter on who to go for. Not only that, but it also sets me up as the fall guy in the case that Roden flips Town: Vector is covered because they look bad, and I'd be the one pushing the case, and combined with them already saying they're pretty obvious as scum, it's a nice domino effect.

That's why I say that I feel bad. I don't WANT Vector to lose because it's a good post, but it was just mistimed.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2022, 04:10:49 pm »

LOL. It's too bad I can only be confirmed town instead of flipping town, because I'd be laughing so hard in deadchat.

But hey, at least I'll still be able to help my side win.

I didn't start like this because I've been taking time to think through what scum and town wants in this game. To be clear, I'm not saying that I'm obvious as scum: I'm saying that I am seldom-to-never read accurately, EVEN when I've been mechanically cleared. Thus when there's a two-sided cost/benefit analysis (voting me if I'm actually scum and voting me if I'm actually town), I'm saying a mischeck on me is less valuable than a mischeck on almost any other player.

Of course actually hitting scum is much better, but that's clearly not what we're about Today.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12