Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: The Headhunter: Game Over! Cult Victory!  (Read 11960 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Day 1
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2022, 06:58:22 pm »

Unrelated, but I just realized we have a way to prevent auto loss on Day 3 if we miselim two townies in a row. Even though it would be 3v3 (two cult allies recruited and neither voted out, three townies still in play), cult allies don't know who the leader is. So if we all claim cult leader on Day 3, the actual leader can't win by rallying their allies and forcing a tie.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2022, 06:59:21 pm »

Unrelated, but I just realized we have a way to prevent auto loss on Day 3 if we miselim two townies in a row. Even though it would be 3v3 (two cult allies recruited and neither voted out, three townies still in play), cult allies don't know who the leader is. So if we all claim cult leader on Day 3, the actual leader can't win by rallying their allies and forcing a tie.
You'd have to guess the people Culted as the Cult Leader.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2022, 07:00:23 pm »

Actually...

No, you're right. Lying would hit Townies, and the TOWNIES shouldn't lie about being Culted.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2022, 07:00:52 pm »

Alright Web, it look like I misread your posts then. What happens if we flip Vector and they end up flipping green?
If they flip green, and it's SOMEHOW not you, then... Uh... One of the other three got really good, really fast. I, personally, don't think it'd be EuchreJack or Knightwing... Or TricMagic? Like, I know I said Tric's a bit suspicious, but... I am biased by EuchreJack. See, EuchreJack can't lie about Tric, for the same reason I can't lie about Euchre or Knightwing. Either I'm Town and read them Town, or I'm scum and they're 100% Town.
Alright, good point.

Unvote

I'll wait for Vector to return and post some responses. I feel confident that we should win this regardless of the order we eliminate the PoE in though.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2022, 07:05:49 pm »

Actually...

No, you're right. Lying would hit Townies, and the TOWNIES shouldn't lie about being Culted.
Yep. We still lose if don't hit the Cult Leader that day, but we're at the very least guaranteed three chances to vote correctly.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2022, 07:24:47 pm »

I'll wait for Vector to return and post some responses. I feel confident that we should win this regardless of the order we eliminate the PoE in though.
Well... It's not so much that we all win this. Missing the mark sucks because someone probably loses.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: The Headhunter: Pre-Game
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2022, 08:25:31 pm »

Roden sighed. "The most outspoken of us about the issues this company has been facing have been Vector and webadict. I think the likeliest culprit is betwe-"

"I can't believe I'm being suspected here." Vector said. "I can't believe we're doing this finger pointing and blame game."

Silence followed Vector's comment, a somber air filling the room.

"I'd like to get out of here while there's still sunlight." Roden said.

"You're right." EuchreJack said.

"Let's get this done." webadict agreed.

Day 1 will end on June 2nd at 22:00 CDT (AKA Forum Time), approximately 26 hours from now.

webadict -     1: Vector,
EuchreJack -   1: Knightwing64,
TricMagic -    0:
Roden -        0:
Knightwing64 - 0:
Vector -       1: EuchreJack,

Not voting: Roden, webadict, TricMagic,

The win condition for the Cult is equaling or outnumbering the town. In a 3v3 situation, the Cult wins and the Town loses.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2022, 08:29:53 pm »

Oh. Well there goes that plan. Probably more balanced that way though.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2022, 08:34:06 pm »

If we don't vote Cult on Day One, we have to hit Cult on Day Two or we lose.

@Knightwing: Note that you are still voting me.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2022, 08:36:46 pm »

If we don't vote Cult on Day One, we have to hit Cult on Day Two or we lose.

@Knightwing: Note that you are still voting me.

Are we going for vector? Is this a sneaky plan to stop me from voting you because your SCUM? Nah, just kidding

Unvote

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2022, 08:46:09 pm »

I'll vote Vector Today, but I will note that I feel bad that Vector and I aren't on a team AGAIN!

Vector, you're best bet is convincing me that it's Roden instead! I'd highly recommend that, otherwise you make it a you vs. me thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2022, 09:41:26 pm »

I'll vote Vector Today, but I will note that I feel bad that Vector and I aren't on a team AGAIN!

Vector, you're best bet is convincing me that it's Roden instead! I'd highly recommend that, otherwise you make it a you vs. me thing.

I have more to say after a walk, but I want to note that your statement is false. My attacking you in no way "forces" you to suspect me.

If I think you're scum, you can still townread me if appropriate and attack Roden.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2022, 10:05:25 pm »

Yes, you coooould be Town, but the problem with that is that everyone else appears to be more likely to be Town than you. Even Roden, who is a bit suspicious.

Would you like to lose together? We can vote me first and then struggle vainly together Tomorrow. If that's what you want, that's all you have to say, silly goose.

I'm saying it forces because you're tunneling hard on me, and you're probably unwilling to point elsewhere in spite of no visible progress made on reads. It's actually quite scummy, so I'm giving you a choice to make. Converse with me and see I'm not Cult, or don't, and you probably get stuck in a 1v1 against me. And I have shiny white teeth to bite my thumb at you with.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2022, 01:00:54 am »

Would you like to lose together? We can vote me first and then struggle vainly together Tomorrow. If that's what you want, that's all you have to say, silly goose.

Webby, you're speaking my language, UWU!

I'm saying it forces because you're tunneling hard on me, and you're probably unwilling to point elsewhere in spite of no visible progress made on reads. It's actually quite scummy, so I'm giving you a choice to make. Converse with me and see I'm not Cult, or don't, and you probably get stuck in a 1v1 against me. And I have shiny white teeth to bite my thumb at you with.

Now we're cooking with gas. Here's the thing:

- Other players usually see you as too much of an asset (or maybe just too slimy) to fight with.
- That means somebody's gotta tangle with you, and as far as I can see it, I'm the only one here with the guts.
- With that said, the only possible way that my alignment is going to get cleared through reading is by you.
- Town or scum, it's hugely to my advantage to go straight for ya!

But, this is very likely the out-the-door attack style of a scum Vector. I tend to be a very convenient target for Vector as scum, and they typicallt go a lot harder on rheir target.

my ass. In what universe is this more convenient if scum than town.

As for Townhunting, I'd say that Euchre and Knight look exceedingly like their Town selves. Tric is probably Town, especially given Euchre's opinion. Roden I was on the fence about, but then you started harshing my mellow, when really you should be marshing that mallow! Now I gotta throw away my chance to be potentiallt culted by you... *sigh*

If we're both town, then we need to get off our asses and kill Roden.

So, my thinking is that we vote Vector if Vector fails to respond, or we analyze Vector's next post if they do respond.
But feel free to keep poking Web.  From my POE, it's probably one of Vector or Web.

Spoiler: Tric's Eyes Only (click to show/hide)

Tric's being useless, so he's probably town.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2022, 01:02:19 am »

PS: I hate this post. I think the underlined is Roden's opinion, not Web.

I town read Knightwing simply because he's playing atm, I think he would be terrified to be solo scum with no day powers and that it would reflect in his posts.

Jack is a semi-confident read, his tone is what I tend to read him off of though I now he has the capability to blend in with town under certain circumstances. Jack is harder to read when multiple factions are in play, and I think he can also pull off a solo scum game if he were to use a similar mindset.

Tric I actually do have a slight town lean on, but I wanted to know how Web would react if I left it to him to solidify that town read. If he's the Cult Leader,  he doesn't want the PoE to shrink to just three players, so it makes sense for him to find Tric suspicious and then shade me for my posts. I think town!Web would be more likely to question the quality of the strategy and explain what could go wrong.

So I think at this point, Web is a good choice.

The rapid switch to the other member of the PoE is a nice touch.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12