Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37

Author Topic: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)  (Read 22163 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)
« Reply #315 on: June 28, 2022, 11:32:05 pm »

Bahzil pokes Alrin in the ribs.

For someone assigned to keep an eye on me, you’re doing a particularly poor job of staying alert,” before continuing in mock panic “I could explode into demons at any minute!

Have a look see at the lights with my fancy goggles, see if I can identify what they are
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:33:57 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 28, 2022, 11:40:54 pm »

Bahzil pokes Alrin in the ribs.

For someone assigned to keep an eye on me, you’re doing a particularly poor job of staying alert,” before continuing in mock panic “I could explode into demons at any minute!

Have a look see at the lights with my fancy goggles, see if I can identify what they are

"We should really watch you in shifts. I'm exhausted from making sure you didn't explode into demons all day."

From the way the light moves, you would guess they're fire. From how small they are, they're either really big fires far away or smaller fires closer. Since you can clearly see how far away they're probably the second one. Some kind of torch?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 28, 2022, 11:59:39 pm »

Bahzil calls to Gunnar via the vox.

Perhaps we should slow down, there’s something up ahead. It would behoove us to figure out whether or not they’re friendly before alerting them to our presence.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 29, 2022, 06:20:38 pm »

thale climbs into the multilas and turns it towards the lights.
“No sense in not being prepared.”
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 29, 2022, 10:03:32 pm »

Get ready to disembark.  Pat the side of our ride, we'll be coming back soon.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 29, 2022, 11:20:46 pm »

Gunnar wakes up with a start from the call and brings the Chimera shuddering to a stop at a reasonable distance from the Mystery Lights.

"Who wants to get out and look?"

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 30, 2022, 05:10:27 pm »

"Not it"
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 30, 2022, 06:30:47 pm »

Bahzil sighs and makes his way out the chimera.

I suppose.

Do a hearing check I guess, seeing as I have heightened senses. Then do a check with the goggles of the immediate area.

Then do a Psyniscience check or whatever it would be, to see if I can sense any psychic energies nearby.

((I think that covers about everything I can do heh))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 30, 2022, 08:31:39 pm »

Get out second, after the Psyker

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 30, 2022, 09:19:41 pm »

"I'd better go with you. Someone needs to drag you back if you get injured, right?"

Follow. Goggles on, of course. Flashlight set to overcharge as a backup light source in case of close encounters.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 30, 2022, 11:18:41 pm »

Bahzil sighs and makes his way out the chimera.

I suppose.

Do a hearing check I guess, seeing as I have heightened senses. Then do a check with the goggles of the immediate area.

Then do a Psyniscience check or whatever it would be, to see if I can sense any psychic energies nearby.

((I think that covers about everything I can do heh))

You can't hear anything coming in the direction of the lights. Possibly because your engine is still on and is covering up whatever noises come from the far distance. Possibly because the two Chimera in the wedge with you also have their engines on and are wondering why you guys stopped and got out. Possibly because you're just too far away.

Your goggles see a GIANT ORK IN THE WOODS! But when you look back it is gone. Could it have just been your imagination? Or maybe a jungle creature? Orks can't be stealthy right?

Psyniscience has...lets say an odd feeling when it comes to Orks. You are trained to the point you can detect the warp or warp-touched reliably at great distances. Orks don't feel warp touched. But they don't feel like they're not warped touch. To put it this way looking at a normal human would be looking at an empty glass, you don't see anything. Looking at a deamon would be like looking at a glass of dark wine. Looking at a psker is like looking at a glass of watered down wine. And looking at an Ork would be like looking at a glass filled with water. The view isn't that different from an empty glass, but there is obvious something there.

With that description out of the way you feel a presence in the distance. In the general direction of the lights specifically. Not enough to tell how far or how much, just that something is there.

Get ready to disembark.  Pat the side of our ride, we'll be coming back soon.

Get out second, after the Psyker
"I'd better go with you. Someone needs to drag you back if you get injured, right?"

Follow. Goggles on, of course. Flashlight set to overcharge as a backup light source in case of close encounters.

And the dismount team is formed! The jungle is warm and humid outside of the Chimera.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 30, 2022, 11:56:12 pm »

Lets creep up slowly towards the fires.  I'll keep the lasgun at the ready for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 01, 2022, 12:02:58 am »

I think we should get back into the armoured vehicle. I… Gunnar has a sniper rifle. Perhaps he can see more with that?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 01, 2022, 12:06:59 am »

"Nah, they're Orcs.  We should just have the chimera make a loud noise somewhere else and all the Orcs will get distracted.  Then we just shoot them to pieces while they're looking the wrong way."

"You can go back if you want, but I bet they're too dumb to spot us."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 01, 2022, 12:18:01 am »

I think we should get back into the armoured vehicle. I… Gunnar has a sniper rifle. Perhaps he can see more with that?

((Gunnar's sniper rifle has iron sights  :P))

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37