Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37

Author Topic: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)  (Read 22130 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)
« Reply #330 on: July 01, 2022, 12:21:19 am »

Bahzil shrugs.

Something doesn’t sit right is all.

I think we should get back into the armoured vehicle. I… Gunnar has a sniper rifle. Perhaps he can see more with that?

((Gunnar's sniper rifle has iron sights  :P))

((Not much of a sniper rifle then is it :p))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 01, 2022, 12:28:32 am »

((I think the goggles work fine.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 01, 2022, 12:35:45 am »

((They do, I was hoping for some magnification))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 02, 2022, 09:40:20 am »

Gunnar voxes in to the other tanks. "We have something up ahead, could be hostile. We're checking it out now. Welcome to join in. In the meantime, let's keep it quiet."
He also cuts the engines to signal this point.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 02, 2022, 09:57:42 am »

get out and follow teammates. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 02, 2022, 12:16:49 pm »

Gunnar voxes in to the other tanks. "We have something up ahead, could be hostile. We're checking it out now. Welcome to join in. In the meantime, let's keep it quiet."
He also cuts the engines to signal this point.

"Roger Grace. We'll keep on standby. Over."

The other two Chimera cut their engines and signal to the following team to keep their distance.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 02, 2022, 09:06:46 pm »

Begin sneaking up slowly, with the goggles on.  Try to remain behind trees.  Don't step into the open.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 02, 2022, 09:17:58 pm »

Advance.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 02, 2022, 09:19:29 pm »

Make incessant hearing checks with my super ears

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 02, 2022, 11:02:38 pm »

Relax in the Chimera. I mean, I can't leave, I have to be able to turn the engines on at a moment's notice if we need to move!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 02, 2022, 11:06:57 pm »

Begin sneaking up slowly, with the goggles on.  Try to remain behind trees.  Don't step into the open.
Advance.

The dismount team moves forward! Even with the goggles, the dense jungle is difficult to traverse on foot. Branches and vines block your path consistently, and it is difficult to avoid the natural paranoia this environment invites at night. On the other hand it means moving forward unseen is easy - though avoiding breaking fallen branches is difficult and movement is slow even if you weren't intentionally moving slowly.

After a difficult stomp through the brush you finally come through to a clearing. The jungle has been cut away recently in no clear pattern. At least there was a clear purpose. The jungle logs have been used to create a palisade and earthwork fortress, lined with torches for light and groups of anti-tank kannons for defense. There are two layers of kannons. The bottom seem to fire through a window haphazardly cut in the nearby log. The top rest on top of the palisade between spiked logs. At random intervals there are towers filled with kannons in multiple directions. There is roughly 300m to the fortress from your location, but other areas are either further or closer owing to the random weaving of the fortress walls or the random position of the clearing. You can see the heat sources of many Orks, mostly around the wall or in the center of the fortress.

As the fortress goes over the train tracks, it is obvious in retrospect the fact that an Ork train came through earlier today meant it had to be Orks who built here.

If the PDF's defenses where a small attempt at grasping the glory of your home-world's fortifications, this fortress was a drunken insult to them. It seems that stalling for time has allowed the Orks to fortify their position.

Your comrades are all following along but generally not talking due to the nature of your mission.

Make incessant hearing checks with my super ears

You hear your own heart beat over and over. Did that Ork really give you this much a scare or is it just the physical exertion?

Relax in the Chimera. I mean, I can't leave, I have to be able to turn the engines on at a moment's notice if we need to move!

You attempt to relax. This proves impossible due to Gill's snoring. It wasn't that bad when the engine was on but now that you lost your white noise it is impossible not to focus on it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 02, 2022, 11:28:31 pm »

Hmm. Does fort look flammable? Perhaps it would suffer some from say, multilas barrages?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 02, 2022, 11:42:02 pm »

Hmm. Does fort look flammable? Perhaps it would suffer some from say, multilas barrages?

It is likely to act as cover for any Ork within, but is unlikely that it will stand up to persistent vehicle fire. This could potentially start the other kind of fire but not reliably. As it is made of wood it does look flammable. Though the earthwork parts don't.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 03, 2022, 01:20:18 am »

Look for weak spots.  There any obvious issues with how the Orcs fortified this section?  Any angles where few cannon can shoot towards?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 03, 2022, 11:06:30 am »

Look for weak spots.  There any obvious issues with how the Orcs fortified this section?  Any angles where few cannon can shoot towards?

As an Ork construct it is made entirely of weakpoints kept together by some miracle. You can only see one side of the fort, but the only angle that is obviously safe would be directly against the wall or high in the sky. Or the angle behind the wall presumably. Guns are applied liberally along its length leaving no open areas, aside from a gate by the tracks. Said gates are covered by a tower on either side, so the lack of kannons there is covered nearby.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37