Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37

Author Topic: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)  (Read 22194 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)
« Reply #255 on: June 18, 2022, 01:44:08 pm »

...Leading? With lasers? :p

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2022, 01:45:41 pm »

...Leading? With lasers? :p

Obviously. The Multilas needs to have arbitrary spinup time as a minigun. So you have to aim where the train will be when your spinup is over!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 18, 2022, 02:19:37 pm »

"Bah.  I'm still getting my land legs."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 18, 2022, 06:47:59 pm »

Uhh... there's a big to hit bonus on the engine, right? Follow the engine with EVASIVE MANEUVERS.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2022, 07:05:22 pm »

Uhh... there's a big to hit bonus on the engine, right? Follow the engine with EVASIVE MANEUVERS.

There is a +30 bonus to hit on the engine, yes.

Your Chimera twists and turns in the general direction of the Engine! All the Ork guts must be slowing you down, as all incoming and outgoing shots will only take a -10 penalty to hit. Still with how close you are to the target one must suspect that you can't fail to hit it right?

Apparently taking that as a challenge the Heavy Stubber opens fire on the back of the train. Four bullets crash into the weakpoint in the trains armor-formally defended by the kannon kart. They hit the engineer's armored compartment. Much like the guard each bullet individually did very little damage, but altogether managed to do something notable. That is the power of teamwork! Flamer PDF tried his best, but without fancy AP bullets his shot just ricochets off unceremoniously.

185 meters Behind Allied Machine Gunner and loader
162 meters Behind Allied Flamer
15 meters ahead Engine 26 Damage
0 meters Chimera 11 Damage -4 front armor

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2022, 07:18:00 pm »

Bolter the weak point for massive damage!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 18, 2022, 07:25:09 pm »

Bolter the weak point for massive damage!

As you aim your gun the Chimera slides to the side as part of the evasive maneuver. You are no longer on target and consequentially neither are your bullets. A similar fate befalls your comrade, so at least you arn't missing a massive target alone.

The train seems warpbent on making its assigned schedule and continues forward at full speed. Its gun can't really hit anything now so it looks like a retreat to you mere mortals.

185 meters Behind Allied Machine Gunner and loader
162 meters Behind Allied Flamer
45 meters ahead Engine 26 Damage
0 meters Chimera 11 Damage -4 front armor

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 18, 2022, 07:26:42 pm »

More dakka! Don't let them escape!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 18, 2022, 07:58:26 pm »

(Grenade range is 3m x Strength bonus)

((Thinking back I should probably clarify that this is the range unit like the rest of the weapons, so the furthest you can throw a grenade is SBX3X4. 36 meters in your case. With significant penalties at that distance but still))

More dakka! Don't let them escape!

It isn't your turn but OK.

You manage to not miss the massive target right in front of you this time by some miracle of the God Emperor. Your bolt slams into the back of the train, ripping off the door and sending it flying back towards you. Your brother shoots through the open doorway and the engine soon comes to a halt. It seems his las blasts managed to take out the conductor, ending the train's run in a decidedly non-explosive way.

BATTLE FINISHED

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 18, 2022, 08:06:41 pm »

It's expedient, everybody else was gonna shoot at it too. :p

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 19, 2022, 03:09:13 pm »

Lacking heavy weapons and with their artillery now in pieces, the Orks are unable to deal with the arrival of the Mechanized Regiment and are swiftly pushed back. Those who didn't charge suicidaly forward to get various flavors of ventilated and squished scatter into the jungle where vehicle pursuit is difficult. The sounds of war are replaced by the music of victory. Gunnar performed victory donuts while posing as Havir embraced everyone he could get his hands on in a manly hug. Alrin prayed quietly to himself. The three PDF that you saved solute your Chimera during your victory laps. Flamer PDF throws a pack of loh-sticks into your hatch as you drive by.

Initial celebrations where brief, as there was still much work to be done. With the Orks repelled civilians from the nearby city arrived on the battlefield to offer aid to the soldiers, starting on repairs for the railroad, offering medical assistance and food and occasionally exotic jungle flowers. Eltiazh lead the medical team's efforts. There are many causalities on Humanity's side, but the nearby city supplying medical equipment and bodies means you are able to help out everyone who isn't a complete lost cause.

Gilliam attempts to commandeer the Engine in the name of the Emperor, only to find that just about every functional part is no longer a functional part. It seems that the rocket-powered joyride was rather harsh on the poor machine. In the end he takes the conductor's teef stash as victory loot and calls it a day. The Engineering team would later remove it and have it dissembled with its parts being used to reinforce the trenches.

Damage to your regiment was minimal, as your noble knights where impervious to most of the enemy's equipment inside their majestic steeds. Still there where a few who where damaged by the Train's artillery or lucky rockets like yourself. Your Chimera is considered Lightly Damaged but not trivially so, its wounds will take 11 hours to heal properly.

After the innitial cleanup was done, you are ordered by Vox to park your Chimera with the rest. Maintenance crews rush over refueling, reloading, and performing general maintenance. Meanwhile the combat personnel where ordered into march formation and paraded through the city. Civilians line up along the cobblestone streets. This city's buildings where much smaller than the grand constructions of your homeland, mainly small brick buildings, but they had impressive electric lighting that is still new to many of you. The civilians cheer as you pass - most being those too old or too young to join in honorable combat but some don uniforms suggesting they provide some necessary non-combat role that has kept them from the battlefield.

Your march ends at the Mayor's palace. Prince Aleksandr takes a stand at the podium to give a victory speech both to the assembled men and the civilians flooding the assembly area and nearby streets. It is a fiery and aggressive speech, promising destruction to the enemies who have haunted the land for far too long and vengeance for all they have lost. As it is nearing its end....

"Would Grace Squad please come to the stand."

He beckons you forward, up the stairs to the raised platform.

"None have proven more themselves more valiant than the men and woman of Grace Squad. In the last battle they charged toward a heavily armored enemy train regardless of their own safety, destroying it after a lengthy exchange of fire. It is with great honor that I present them with my family's crest as a reward for their bravery."

He pulls a handful of medals from the podium. They have Stargus coloring, sky blue with a white strip, for their ribbon. The emblem at the bottom is a long necked crane (bird) with a crane (construction equipment) in its beak made of bronze. He places the medal around each of your necks and performs a short bow out of respect. Once each of you and your comrades are provided with their reward, you are dismissed back to the formation.

"While we must seize the initiative this victory has given us, we will do so at night. The Imperium has seen fit to equip us with specialized night equipment of which the Ork will have no defense against. We will reassemble at camp in 12 standard Terran hours. Until then all soldiers not performing their duties will be allowed temporary leave in the city. You are dismissed."

He once again gives a small bow, at which the expected response is a larger bow.

You received 200 EXP

Stargus Crest:
A medal consisting of a sky-blue ribbon with a white line down the center with a bronze emblem of long necked crane (bird) with a crane (construction equipment) in its beak. +5 to Command rolls with anyone from Sulabritas.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 19, 2022, 03:22:02 pm »

While receiving a medal Eltiazh is visibly red, blushing at the unexpected honor equally as much as she is speckled with blood from tending the wounded.

She bows with moderately practiced Grace.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 19, 2022, 04:19:23 pm »

Bahzil was less than happy about being paraded in front of the rabble, but he at least understood the need to keep morale high, and what he and his colleagues had done in the field would do that for at least a while.

He was also less than happy to be in such close proximity to Prince Aleksandr, given the way he was treated after the knights found out about his powers, but his sense of propriety was not one of the things beaten from him in the black ships or on Terra, so he returned the bow precisely the correct amount.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 20, 2022, 12:25:57 am »

Richie is just too nervous to enjoy the accolade, simply standing at attention and hoping to not sweat so much.  On a jungle planet, that's a losing battle.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 20, 2022, 06:06:18 am »

Gunnar bows properly while accepting his medal and tries really hard not to think about murdering the prince and seizing the throne, or tricking the prince into losing all his money and then buying the throne, or seducing the prince into giving away the throne, or leading a popular revolt to behead the prince and seize the throne, or any of the thousands of other possible ways he could take the throne occurring to him at this very moment. We don't do those kind of things anymore! For now!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37