Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37

Author Topic: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)  (Read 22192 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)
« Reply #225 on: June 16, 2022, 04:34:20 pm »

PPE: never mind I can only add 3 to my psy rating which means I can only hit the engine (which, to be fair, is what we should be shooting anyway :p)

(Too much armour for the puny multilas.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 16, 2022, 08:35:30 pm »

Shoot the rocket ork!
Since Egan is aiming at it, I won't try to run it over for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 16, 2022, 11:09:22 pm »

((I think I wanted the rocket ork’s rocket launcher, though given my character’s inability to use it, I might be better inviting the possibility of demons and assorted eldritch abominations instead))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 16, 2022, 11:18:22 pm »

((I think I wanted the rocket ork’s rocket launcher, though given my character’s inability to use it, I might be better inviting the possibility of demons and assorted eldritch abominations instead))
(Surely you could use it by picking it up telekinetically and throwing it at people.)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 16, 2022, 11:27:05 pm »

(Do note the heavy bolter is available now.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 16, 2022, 11:51:38 pm »

((I don’t think I can do anything beyond my powers, really. I can choose minor manifestations in the class of powers I have chosen (currently telekinesis and divination) but they can’t affect things in a major way, and I need to spend XP in order to gain the ability to do that, which I wasn’t too willing to do as a starting thing. Possibly later, once I’ve got a bit more powerful…))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 17, 2022, 01:20:04 am »

((Don't you have operate so you can use your glorious ballistics skill of 29 to shoot the bolter randomly?

..although is there an aid other action that gives them a boost or something in this game?))
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 01:30:36 am by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 17, 2022, 11:27:38 am »

Shoot the rocket ork!
Since Egan is aiming at it, I won't try to run it over for now.

You politely avoid squishing the Ork, standing the Chimera still and allowing both you and the train to aim properly. Joined by Gill you put bullets in the general direction of the target. Specifically his head. 

It is hard to see your handywork as the Ork covers his face with both hands, rolling backward and conveniently out of cover from the pain of the blow. From the blood dripping from the wound it looks like you got a good hit in.

Realizing that he can no longer make it to the train in time, the Flamer PDF finds a Stub Rifle to join the fight with. Another burst of fire attempts to add a few more bullet holes to the train, but the allied heavy stubber manages to put a few bullet holes in some trees instead.

170 meters Behind Allied Machine Gunner and loader
147 meters Behind Allied Flamer
32 Meters ahead Ork Rocket User 8 damage stunned 1 round
90 meters ahead Engine
115 meters ahead Kannon Kar 35 Damage
140 meters ahead Loot Kar
165 meters ahead Rokkit Kar
190 meters ahead Loot Kar
215 meters ahead Kaboos
0 meters Chimera 11 Damage -4 front armor

((Don't you have operate so you can use your glorious ballistics skill of 29 to shoot the bolter randomly?

..although is there an aid other action that gives them a boost or something in this game?))

((Kinda. You can use a command check to give +10 to someone, though it is theoretically meant to be used by superior officers))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 17, 2022, 11:57:40 am »

Subject rocketman to dakka.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 17, 2022, 12:19:55 pm »

Subject rocketman to dakka.

Your gun jams. Your demonstration of human firearm superiority will have to wait.

Rocket Ork is Stunned from the headshot, and continues rolling on the ground screaming Orky cries of pain.

The train is now a stone's throw away from your Chimera. With your current position it will be facing your back armor if it passes you, but it also can't get much closer since it is on the train tracks (conveniently located thirty meters to your behind/left).

Finally the Orkish cannon misses! Even luckier it manages to miss by 5 meters so you just barely escape the shell's explosion. Apparently Orkish tech is harder to repair than it looks. Currently you hear Orks attempting to force their less Orky underlings to fix the second gun. Normally such a thing would be difficult to hear over the various explosions of a battlefield, but Orkish threatening is incredibly loud.

You can see the Orks pushing rockets into their double turrets. Thankfully they spend the entire turn reloading. You could be in trouble if they all shoot at you next turn.

PDF again get suppressed by Orkish machine gun fire! Our own machine gunner ducks his head even further, but the flamer PDF manages to maintain his bravery (for whatever good that will do him.)

30 meters ahead Engine
55 meters ahead Kannon Kar 35 Damage
80 meters ahead Loot Kar
105 meters ahead Rokkit Kar
130 meters ahead Loot Kar
155 meters ahead Kaboos

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 17, 2022, 12:47:48 pm »

"With respect, honorable machine spirit,you could have picked a better time."

Grab a firing port and use my lascarbine as point-defense against missiles.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 17, 2022, 01:36:36 pm »

Gunnar silently contemplates ramming the train. (Not in a sex way.)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 17, 2022, 01:40:45 pm »

(What's grenade range?)

(Very tempted to split fire and shoot the rokkit car, but can't ignore the excellent odds of a kill.

Multilas Ventilate the Kannon Kar.

If possible, carry the burst on down the train towards the Rokkit Kar.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 17, 2022, 01:55:45 pm »

(Grenade range is 3m x Strength bonus)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 17, 2022, 02:35:47 pm »

Gunnar silently contemplates ramming the train. (Not in a sex way.)

Gilliam prepares to board the train (in a sexy way)

(What's grenade range?)

(Very tempted to split fire and shoot the rokkit car, but can't ignore the excellent odds of a kill.

Multilas Ventilate the Kannon Kar.

If possible, carry the burst on down the train towards the Rokkit Kar.

((You can split shots if the targets are within 2 meters. You can split between a kar and the following lootcar, but not between the Kannon and Rocket cars.))

You are about to fire on the car when Private Oathall sees a vision of you missing. He warns you to adjust your aim and thanks to his efforts your burst of fire hits the Kannon Kar twice. It lights up in a massive explosion easily 30 meters across. Scrap and cannon parts fall down like confetti. The explosion engulfs the loot kar behind it, which blows up in a second equally fantastic explosion (one with no less cannon part confetti for whatever reason). The Engine emerges from the cloud of smoke with visible scorch marks and damage, but it continues chugging along the path. Behind it the rocket kar is intact but the Orks manning the turrets are charred corpses. It doesn't have anywhere to go given the track in front of it is currently out of commission.

The PDF cheer from the trench. Your Comrades are also cheering, minus Alrin who points towards the loose rocket with a "Can you get us away before that thing goes off too?"

30 meters ahead Engine 19 Damage
55 meters ahead Kannon Kar Destroyed Husk
80 meters ahead Loot Kar Destroyed Husk
105 meters ahead Rokkit Kar Unmanned, Crashing
130 meters ahead Loot Kar Crashing
155 meters ahead Kaboos Crashing

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37