Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37

Author Topic: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)  (Read 22062 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2022, 05:48:45 pm »

((Maybe we need to figure out what that sound is))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2022, 05:50:06 pm »

"Some kinda ork vehicle, I think."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2022, 06:30:54 pm »

Delay my action to see if the driver stops.

If the driver does stop, two heavy bolter bursts towards the gun ork, beginning with the one that isn't running.

Otherwise, suppress the Rocket ork.

Delay acknowledged.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2022, 07:10:12 pm »

How much of a turn would an investigation of the noise take?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2022, 07:11:29 pm »

How much of a turn would an investigation of the noise take?

It depends on how you investigate the noise.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2022, 07:13:03 pm »

As I have heightened hearing, I was going to use that to at least figure out where the noise was coming from, then use the old peepers to hopefully see it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2022, 07:24:13 pm »

Listening and then looking in the general direction of something with your naked eyes is free. Half action if you want to put on your not-IR goggles first, or use anyone's binoculars if anyone happens to have any.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2022, 07:44:19 pm »

Eh that’s fair.

Maintain prescience, and then figure out where and what this noise is with my fancy equipment.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2022, 08:07:29 pm »

Eh that’s fair.

Maintain prescience, and then figure out where and what this noise is with my fancy equipment.

The battlefield is not a pleasant place to have super hearing. Deafening gunshots (some of which are form guns apparently modified to be louder), explosions, and the roar of your Chimera's engines fill the air. One must scream if they say anything that must be heard. Speaking of screaming, both sides are doing a lot of it. If the Warp wasn't already on the job those screams would haunt you at night.

But one noise rises as king of the din. You can pinpoint its direction clearly. It is coming from down the tracks. It whistles to tell you it is coming and give away its position. You cannot see it, but you do see a thick black smog filling the sky. Your goggles see the smog as warm. Warm gunsmoke is coming from the same direction. Whatever it is it is following the metal road in front of you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2022, 08:38:54 pm »

Whatever it is making that noise, it’s coming on the rails. Eyes peeled, Alrin.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2022, 08:54:49 pm »

He nods.

"Not that I can do more than point at it. These mobile siege towers...I pray for the Emperor's protection if the Greenskins have them too."

((You have a half-action left.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2022, 09:03:23 pm »

Gunnar may not have super hearing, but he has better normal hearing (PER) than literally everyone else in the tank, which is enough to hear the psyker warn about the rails.
"How about someone on one of the big guns try and blow up the rails as far away from us as possible, then?", he shouts mainly in the direction of the pintle-mounted artillery piece with optional nurse attachment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2022, 09:14:47 pm »

He nods.

"Not that I can do more than point at it. These mobile siege towers...I pray for the Emperor's protection if the Greenskins have them too."

((Maintaining prescience costs a half action, but if I really, really do have that half action)):

Use Assail unfettered on the nearest ork (40m range, 20xpsy rating of 2) which incurs a +10 WP test, noting my +10 psy focus bonus. Fires an psy bolt that does 1d10 damage + psy rating, 2 penetration, target is thrown back 1d5 meters on 3 degrees of success.

Edit: ((the bolt does impact damage, and the 3 degrees of success thing also knocks the target prone in addition to being thrown back))
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 09:18:15 pm by hector13 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2022, 09:20:44 pm »

"Aa, you are being careful with that stuff, right?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2022, 09:25:43 pm »

He nods.

((Maintaining prescience costs a half action, but if I really, really do have that half action)):

Use Assail unfettered on the nearest ork (40m range, 20xpsy rating of 2) which incurs a +10 WP test, noting my +10 psy focus bonus. Fires an psy bolt that does 1d10 damage + psy rating, 2 penetration, target is thrown back 1d5 meters on 3 degrees of success.

No you where right I just forgot about half your action.

Gunnar may not have super hearing, but he has better normal hearing (PER) than literally everyone else in the tank, which is enough to hear the psyker warn about the rails.
"How about someone on one of the big guns try and blow up the rails as far away from us as possible, then?", he shouts mainly in the direction of the pintle-mounted artillery piece with optional nurse attachment.

Gill points to the comms.

"You primitives might be used to shouting across the battlefield but you're in the Guard now. If you see something that needs to be shot you can tell your buddies through that thing."

He is clearly too busy to do it himself, as he's searching his pockets for a lho-stick.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37