Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH (Only War Greenskins Campaign OOC)  (Read 12359 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH (Only War Greenskins Campaign OOC)
« Reply #225 on: July 28, 2022, 05:14:19 pm »

In hindsight the cover would have made surviving a hit more likely.  Still woulda gotten blown up, though!

I'm just hoping the APCs can get in range and grenade the wall to death, since the multilas don't seem to be working.  ;-p

Would it be possible to mount a grenade launcher in place of the heavy bolter?  Having nothing but full-auto only vehicle weapons seems really bad.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 05:18:17 pm by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2022, 05:42:40 pm »

In hindsight the cover would have made surviving a hit more likely.  Still woulda gotten blown up, though!

I'm just hoping the APCs can get in range and grenade the wall to death, since the multilas don't seem to be working.  ;-p

Would it be possible to mount a grenade launcher in place of the heavy bolter?  Having nothing but full-auto only vehicle weapons seems really bad.

Theoretically, but in practice it'd probably be considered heresy since it isn't one of the book options. You could just shoot a grenade launcher out of the firing ports though.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 28, 2022, 05:57:42 pm »

Mmm.  Probably too rare to get without trading a vehicle weapon for it, anyway.

(Grenade launcher is Average)

That's better than I was expecting.  Still seems unlikely to get one, but possible.  And it being basic means it doesn't require bracing or all that stuff, right?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 28, 2022, 06:03:50 pm »

Mmm.  Probably too rare to get without trading a vehicle weapon for it, anyway.

(Grenade launcher is Average)

That's better than I was expecting.  Still seems unlikely to get one, but possible.  And it being basic means it doesn't require bracing or all that stuff, right?

Correct, there are Heavy grenade launchers that do require that stuff but fire semi-auto to make up for it. There are also lighter underbarrel grenade launchers that are Scarce.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2022, 06:11:28 pm »

Mmm.  Is there any number of degrees of failure where a Blast weapon becomes ineffective or dangerous?  Because someone could easily be firing it with 40 points of penalties from driving actions and being untrained.  A high roll could lead to eight or more degrees of failure.

..also, it only lists a -20 penalty to Weapon Skill when losing your primary hand.  Is there no penalty to Ballistic Skill tests after losing your primary hand?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 06:15:04 pm by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2022, 06:23:04 pm »

Mmm.  Is there any number of degrees of failure where a Blast weapon becomes ineffective or dangerous?  Because someone could easily be firing it with 40 points of penalties from driving actions and being untrained.  A high roll could lead to eight or more degrees of failure.

..also, it only lists a -20 penalty to Weapon Skill when losing your primary hand.  Is there no penalty to Ballistic Skill tests after losing your primary hand?

Grenade weapons will specifically become dangerous if you jam them, at which point there is a 1/10th change they explode and ruin whatever launcher they're in. Penalties don't effect that chance though.

Generally the downside to blast weapons is that you can only carry a little bit of ammunition on you since they're so heavy.

It is listed under Two Weapon Fighting that you get -20 to offhanded ballistic attacks.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2022, 06:42:48 pm »

That sounds like a really good reason to have it mounted outside the hull then, instead of firing it from firing ports.

Should give it to Bahzil the psyker, who is already rolling 1% odds to cause horrible destruction every turn.  And could use a half-action attack that doesn't require aiming.

Should get the heavy one too, just to abuse not actually needing to brace or anything when you've already got 0% chance to hit.  ;-p

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 05, 2022, 03:34:26 pm »

Just bumping this.

Might be an idea to automate the next few turns.  I think we're like five turns from the vehicles arriving and five turns of "Drive" doesn't sound very fun.

Also might be a good idea to show us what the right move is here.  Will they be safe from the cannons if they move a bit more into the jungle, breaking line of sight?  Or should they just do a 'conceal' roll and fight in melee or something?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 05, 2022, 04:51:04 pm »

Just bumping this.

Might be an idea to automate the next few turns.  I think we're like five turns from the vehicles arriving and five turns of "Drive" doesn't sound very fun.

Also might be a good idea to show us what the right move is here.  Will they be safe from the cannons if they move a bit more into the jungle, breaking line of sight?  Or should they just do a 'conceal' roll and fight in melee or something?

The Dismount team has to deal with the Orks who'll be on them in two turns, and skipping someone is probably more boring then letting them take their action.

I don't know what the "right move" is here. I mostly just write a scenario and see how it plays out :V

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2022, 09:16:59 pm »

I just added Dodge to my sheet and only now realize that I have better WS than Agi and Parry would cost the same, so maybe it's better. Or maybe not.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2022, 09:35:48 pm »

I just added Dodge to my sheet and only now realize that I have better WS than Agi and Parry would cost the same, so maybe it's better. Or maybe not.

Parry can only be used in melee. Which you guys have been avoiding despite having melee builds. Dodge is all the time, so it is better in general.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2022, 09:55:17 pm »

Well, since our weaposn are bayonets, not much reason to not shoot.  And charging a fort in melee would have been another 3+ turns, right?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2022, 09:59:07 pm »

Parry can only be used in melee. Which you guys have been avoiding despite having melee builds. Dodge is all the time, so it is better in general.

While it would be epic, melee combat while in range of multiple kannons seems unwise.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2022, 09:59:14 pm »

me charge fort and stab the wall

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2022, 10:00:53 pm »

While it would be epic, melee combat while in range of multiple kannons seems unwise.
I considered charging the two foot orks so that the grot would hold off on firing due to risk of fragging the orks the orks would die with me in the explosion and I'd be a martyr.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17