Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Of Seals and Trumpets: Angel SG  (Read 2134 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Of Seals and Trumpets: Angel SG
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2022, 11:52:23 pm »

CA
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2022, 12:56:47 am »

CA
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2022, 04:19:19 am »

CA

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2022, 09:03:35 am »

So having decided to bless the Priests, you now have to decide how to bless them.
 Two obvious courses (at least at the start) present themselves. . .

A-The Sages: 5 Points to Learn, Contain, and Use Lesser Names of God. 2Points for Discerning eyes that can see otherworldly beings. 3 points in reserve for using Names of God.

B- The Prophets: 3 Points into granting them a captivating Charisma, 4 points for the ability to create and receive Prophecies, and 2 points for Endurance, that they may go for days without stopping their speaking.

C- Or something else? You can do a mix of the two above, or create your own here if you have a better idea in mind! A lot of things are possible, you can either ask what something might cost or just guess the cost in a build. I’ll let you know and use those examples to better build out the scale!

Spoiler: Good Point Scale (click to show/hide)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2022, 09:06:02 am »

B

Seems good to me unless someone wants make a custom loadout.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2022, 02:26:20 pm »

B, we just arrived, we have to spread word of our existence somehow

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2022, 10:29:46 pm »

B

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2022, 01:25:19 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2022, 09:19:15 am »

You reach out with three of your wings and brush their heads. As you do so you concentrate on the Good inside of their bodies.

While you wouldn’t describe the process as difficult, it did require you to focus. The 3 holy folk were exceptional candidates, having spent years of their life in a sense preparing for the Good coursing through their bodies.

To send a comparable amount of energy you are dealing with now through a person grabbed off the street would likely kill them. Good tends to. . purify those it courses through. Often fatally.

Reheara, born to fisherfolk. Kind and wise, she journeyed from the sea to the mount, and called the two others together.

Eliphan, wanderer of many roads. Joy and peace radiate from his smiling eyes.

Hassap, lonely priest of an old temple. He never held tightly to comfort or his belongings when others were in need.

To them, you gave the gift of the Prophets, to go out into the land and prepare it for your coming. Their words will ring with truth, and few men will be able to disregard them.

Their words will not be mere trifling things, either. They shall see visions of things past and yet to be, and their words will bear weight on fate to bend it to their will. Their gift for prophecy is no absolute, causing the impossible to pass. But it is a powerful gift to influence the future.

They rise beneath your eyes, Prophets blessed and burdened. It is not an easy life, but these three never asked for a life of ease, only to be and to do Good.

As you finish, you consider your own purpose. A powerful urge rises within your form, an ordering to your very core. You’ve heard of this feeling before from others, but never yourself.

A Directive, an order that seems echoes within and without you. Some say that it is a blend of your own desire and Good interacting inside and with the local conditions to form the eldritch dictates.

Others say it is the very will of God himself, or that of his council.

You’re not sure what you believe, you just know that it is a Bad Idea to ignore any Directives. Aside from possibly tearing your soul apart, Directives invariably lead to a net increase of Good, even if the methods can be completely incomprehensible, even to Angels.

There are even arguments about whether if it is the Directive telling an Angel how to cause the most increase in Good, or if the Good arises from the very act of completing a Directive.

(You know better than to get into those kind of debates, especially when you haven’t had first hand experience with them. )

Your First Directives:

Prime Directive: Find what happened to the Previous Warden.

Prime Directive: Choose

A- Destroy the Cities of Partia, Tyros, and Uran so Utterly that None may live there, and build a new City where Justice and Peace reign.

B- Extinguish the Priest-Kings and their Gods, so that None may raise Them again. Raise Gods of Mercy and Love above all others.

C-Forge a New Epic of Nerhream, of five Heroes banding together and defeating a Terrible Cataclysm. The Heroes must not survive their victory.

Sub-Directive: The Lord of Aritiapo must cease his raids and live in a cave on Holy Ulast for one month.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2022, 09:25:11 am »

Hmn.

B. Let’s discredit them so thoroughly that they could never again be taken seriously, and do it through magical girl powers Mercy and Love.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2022, 09:28:40 am »

C for me I think. I want some doomed heroes.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2022, 11:30:40 am »

I'll go with B, we want to STOP human sacrifice, not PRACTICE it.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2022, 01:47:47 pm »

Hmn.

B. Let’s discredit them so thoroughly that they could never again be taken seriously, and do it through magical girl powers Mercy and Love.

Discredit them, overthrow them and probably do some record altering, and throw in some God-crafting of your own! Course people might not be too eager to throw their power and history away. . .

C for me I think. I want some doomed heroes.

Wield the power of friendship! Create a band of heroes that will live on in history! Course shame that they won’t be able to see the world they made, but you know what they say about fighting monsters, dangers of absolute power and all that.

I'll go with B, we want to STOP human sacrifice, not PRACTICE it.
Less human sacrifice, more making sure that a heroic sacrifice will be needed to stop the bomb/ make sure the demon is trapped, etc.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2022, 01:49:47 pm »

C has a failure state (quest succeeds, heroes survive). B just has more work to do if you haven’t done enough yet.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2022, 02:03:43 pm »

Less human sacrifice, more making sure that a heroic sacrifice will be needed to stop the bomb/ make sure the demon is trapped, etc.
That's just human sacrifice without getting your hands dirty, which is arguably worse. Let's not go the Silente route please.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4