Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Of Seals and Trumpets: Angel SG  (Read 2130 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Of Seals and Trumpets: Angel SG
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2022, 10:34:57 pm »

B

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2022, 01:11:29 am »

C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2022, 10:42:16 am »

Your First Directives:

Prime Directives:
 Find what happened to the Previous Warden.

B- Extinguish the Priest-Kings and their Gods, so that None may raise Them again. Raise Gods of Mercy and Love above all others.

Sub-Directive: The Lord of Aritiapo must cease his raids and live in a cave on Holy Ulast for one month.

The village lying before you was nothing special. Mostly farmers working the surrounding fields, though shepherds and their families also sheltered here. It was nestled in a valley between two small hills, peaceful and idyllic. It was a good place, a happy village where people lived and loved, had squabbles and resolved them together.

Now it was so much ash and blood.

Bodies lie littered in the street, homes ruined by fire. It was the old and frail they killed, taking the young and strong. You drift above, a gentle breeze cutting through the scent of smoke and spilt blood, as your 3 prophets walk solemnly behind.

However, you spot a lone figure, lost and heartbroken. Your fingers idly strum at your harp as a song begins to take shape.

A- The Wanderer Returns.
 Parents murdered, he fled to his Uncle in the Empire. There he learned, received an education on par with that of the Empire’s nobles, and drilled with legionaries and duelests. He could have had a position in the empire, but he never forgot the village where he came from, nor the girl who offered him kindness when he was orphaned. By way of adventure he made his way home, only to return to warm ashes.

B- A Slip of Fire.
She was scolded often for being too talkative, too inquisitive. For dreaming too large for a farmer’s daughter. She couldn’t help it, for her mind raced down paths undreamt of in this village, and her desires would not be satisfied here. Fiery and bold, she decided to make her own way in the world and slipped out during the night. It was only when she took a final look back at her home she heard the screams.

C.A Child of Destiny, awaiting a guiding hand.
An abandoned child blessed by fate and providence. Their potential is unlimited, but they will take time to grow into it.

D. Someone else?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2022, 10:55:16 am »

B

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2022, 12:11:17 pm »

B
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2022, 01:34:52 pm »

Sure, B.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2022, 04:45:58 pm »

B

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2022, 09:55:24 pm »

B: A Slip of Fire

You approach her, little more than light and air in the physical world. She crouches in the ruins of her home, pack lying next to her abandoned. No bodies lay beside her, only broken furniture and ash.

She is in a bit of a daze, mind whirling with thoughts and plans. Doubt, guilt, and fear all roil and turn in her mind. Her spirit is strong, though, and you see a resolve to do something harden inside her.

You can see the possibilities spin out from her choice. In some she ends up dead, others a slave. In some she turns to savagery to defeat her foes, in others she takes a first few trembling steps into learning magic. Without the benefit of a proper teacher, her natural talents only take her so far.

You frown to yourself. The stories are mostly gloomy, though in a few she finds happiness for a time setting her revenge behind her and settling down.

You can do something about that.

However, you need to think about how to handle this. There is no prohibition against revealing yourself, but it is discouraged. Widespread word of angelic activity would draw devils like flies to honey.
However, revealing yourself to one girl is unlikely to attract that much attention. A choice must be made regardless.

You decide to:
A-Speak to her.

B-Send a prophet to speak to her.

C-Don’t say anything, but you will keep a close eye on her.

D- Something else?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2022, 10:05:24 pm »

B

It's cleaner, and this is kinda what we empowered them for anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2022, 10:40:35 pm »

B

Prophets gonna prophet

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2022, 11:06:44 pm »

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2022, 02:02:53 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2022, 08:53:01 am »

B- Prophets

Reheara the Prophet you call forward, who acknowledges your summon with a graceful nod. She carefully picks her way through the ruins, countenance sorrowful.

The girl leaps up at the prophets approach, scrambling for a knife she left on the ground.

Reheara gives the girl a smile,
“Peace, Selia, I mean you no harm.” She reassures.

She starts and lowers her knife. Her brown eyes widen, reddened by tears and hair disheveled.

“How do you know my name?” Selia asks, struggling to recognize the woman.

Reheara gives a slight shrug.
“I know many things.”

Selia eyes tighten.
“Do you know where my brother is? Where my parents are?” She challenges.

Reheara returns a look full of compassion, Selia looks away. The old prophet brushes her hand along the ground and gazed at the sky.
“They are alive, taken by the Lord of Aritiapo. They will be held in the fortress for the next three weeks, and then taken by caravan to the city of Tyros. And there. . .”  The words trail off and the implication is left unsaid.

Sacrificial alter or gladiatorial games, that is to be their fate.

Selia seems to withdraw into herself. Against the power of lords and gods she seemed so small and frail. But again, you could see the resolve harden within her. A dauntless desire to do good, to be better.

You couldn’t help but admire it.

You settle around them, brush them both a wingtip, radiating peace. Of course Selia couldn’t see you, but Reheara smiled. She looked at the girl.

“Though the night is dark, the light will come. The heavens will aid us. We will save your family, together. ” She extended her hand.

Selia looked at her warily.
“You’ll help me? What can we do?”

Reheara reveals teeth and her eyes harden.
“Oh child, we are but the instrument of vengeance for the heavens. They shall weep at the judgement we will bring.”

Selia has a lot of potential, but should be pushed down a path to further develop her power.

-The Firebrand. Using her charisma, she will gather an army of the people together, and aided by the prophets will guide them to improbable military victories.

-The Moonlit Blade. Covered in shadows, she strikes in the dead of night at the evil and villainous and breaking the chains of the oppressed.

-The Sorceress of the Mountain. Wielding ancient secrets, she brings fire and ruin upon those who would oppress her people.

- Something else?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2022, 09:01:56 am »

Firebrand

Political and military capability together? Yes please.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2022, 10:40:50 am »

The Sorceress of the Mountain
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4