Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Give me your strangest spells.  (Read 2122 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Give me your strangest spells.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2022, 11:38:41 am »

Mystically raises the ground-clearance of any wheeled vehicle or cart. Must be performed at the site of a natural water-source in the first three months after winter. Consumes: Onions, 1 sack.

Lead Lead - Pronounced as in Metal and Tether. Or is it as in Tether and Metal?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2022, 12:28:42 am »

<snip>

- Pronounced as in Metal and Tether. Or is it as in Tether and Metal?

I’m confused by this.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2022, 06:35:55 am »

(plumbum vs. leash, though plenty of other diverse combinations of verb/noun alternatives - which was the idea. Was intended as an ambiguous suggestion, easily ignored, not a constraint. Looking at the latter's twelfth position in the respective list of noun meanings, perhaps I should have said something like "cable". Or nothing at all. Sorry. As you were..?)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2022, 01:00:43 pm »

Lead Lead

Attracts all things made of lead towards were the spell was cast. The pull is extremely powerful and its range expands constantly. If the spell is not withdrawn, it may cause widespread destruction, and geological scale damage to the local environment due to the unearthing of underground lead veins.

Modify Post
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2022, 02:02:21 am »

(plumbum vs. leash, though plenty of other diverse combinations of verb/noun alternatives - which was the idea. Was intended as an ambiguous suggestion, easily ignored, not a constraint. Looking at the latter's twelfth position in the respective list of noun meanings, perhaps I should have said something like "cable". Or nothing at all. Sorry. As you were..?)

Yes, (btw, your second link is to “lead”, not “leash”) but I fail to see how that relates to “metal” and “tether”…

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2022, 04:28:53 pm »

Modify Post

Attracts all things made of lead towards were the spell was cast. The pull is extremely powerful and its range expands constantly. If the spell is not withdrawn, it may cause widespread destruction, and geological scale damage to the local environment due to the unearthing of underground lead veins.

Lead Lead

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2022, 01:43:03 am »

Whatever is going on up there confused me so I'll just go from Modify Post

You create one of the following magical Effects on any long, rectangular prism embedded into the earth, defined as a 'post', so long as the 'post' is contained entirely within range of 10 ft of you. (Sorry, no lawyering towers into a post)

• You create an Instantaneous, harmless sensory Effect on the post, such as a shower of sparks, a puff of wind, faint musical notes, or an odd odor.

• You instantaneously light the post on fire, or extinguish it. Your fire is magical in nature and does not damage the post itself, but can set other things nearby on fire.

• You instantaneously clean or soil the post.

• You change the material of the post from its original material to any mundane metal, wood, or other building material for 1 week.

• You make a color, a small mark, or a Symbol appear on the post for 1 week.

• You create a nonmagical trinket or an illusory image that is attached to the post and that lasts until the end of your next turn.

If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have up to three of its non-instantaneous Effects active at a time, and you can dismiss such an Effect as an action.

Mike's Hard Lemonade
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 01:44:42 am by hops »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2022, 03:06:12 am »

Mike's Hard Lemonade
Created by the late Mike The Magician this spell creates about a dozen brick sized chunks of lemonade, they taste like lemonade but are as hard as concrete, it should also be noted that building a house out of this substance is not recommended as it turns out the spell isn't permanent and only lasts three years, this was learned the hard way when Mike The Magician's house made of hard lemonade collapsed killing him.

Mistake of Nature
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2022, 01:15:45 pm »

Mistake or Nature
Casting this spell will randomly swap a trait of the caster and the organism they cast the spell with, the first person to cast this spell, an apprentice named Farquad received retractable eyes from the frog they tested it on, the frog now has human eyes. Upon seeing this eye swap, Yiggy, Farquad’s parrot, attempted the spell on a tree, hoping to get its bark for protection, however, Yiggy’s feathers changed to leaves, and the tree now has feathers instead, it will probably die due to not being able to photosynthesize, Yiggy now spends most of his time in the sunlight so his leaves don’t wilt. Farquad took a few weeks to get used to using his eyes to swallow things.

Swap Time

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2022, 06:31:10 am »

Swap Time

This spell allows the caster to trade their place in time with someone else casting the spell at the same location in a different time. After The Incident, the gods have decided to make the planet orbit around the flaming ball of fire in space in order to make it harder for wizards to mess with causality by causing locations to fluctuate all the time.

Mistake -or- Nature?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2022, 07:04:24 am »

This spell, named after and marketed in coordination with Albania's hottest new game show, converts the caster's mistakes of any kind into happy little trees.

Retain Clergy (Transient)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2022, 07:23:01 am »

Retain Clergy (Transient)

A Barbarian shamanistic spell to summon their shaman elders in corporal form to heal the caster.

Dragon Butler
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2022, 12:54:46 am »

Dragon butler

Allows your butler to breathe fire.  Requires a dragon and a butler training school.

Oh.  My.  God!!!!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2022, 02:29:22 am »

Oh.  My.  God!!!!
Named with the final words of it's creator this spell isn't recommended for use as it causes the caster to feel extreme pain then violently explode three seconds after casting.

Sudden Pineapple
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2022, 05:11:28 pm »

Sudden Pineapple

A pineapple suddenly drops on any one living or undead target of your choice within 20ft of your line of sight.
Your chosen target must roll a DC 11 DEX save or suffer 1d4 non-lethal bludgeoning damage.
This spell requires a pineapple as material component.

Useless Incantation

« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 09:46:11 am by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 [2] 3