Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 53815 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 3: Jim Grooves Outta Here [6 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #960 on: April 04, 2022, 12:45:20 pm »

Roden should be super scum from NQT's POV, but instead they copy 4mask and vote Tric even though Roden could have just as easily been the "hypnotizer" and not Tric.
You could just read what I wrote.

It's obvious to me that the team must be TricMagic/Roden:

Tric 'protects' 4mask, after Roden had claimed to want to vig 4mask. So they set up their alibis early. Tric hypnotises ("power of friendship") 4mask into performing the kill. Jim was picked as the target because everyone knows only 4mask can kill Jim. And also Jim had expressed doubt about Tric's clam (the implausibility of "sacrifice").

Either that, or a scum!4mask just straight up shot Jim (why??) while his scum partner Tric doctored him, anticipating a shot from the vig. In either of these scenarios, Tric is scum. POE: Tric, Roden, 4mask.

At that time, with the facts as they were know to me, there were two likely teams. And both had Tric on them. So Tric was the best vote (and, indeed, still is for similar reasons). Simple predicate logic:

(A AND B) OR (B AND C) = B AND (C OR A)

Don't tell me you don't understand this basic argument.
It's fundamentally faulty though. If I protected 4mask, then how could I hypnotize them? So the team would have to be Roden/Tric, but you also need to look at night 1 where there was no kill, I simply revived. And looking at day 1 you see that I was flaunting that. But then, how did I set up the case where there was no night 1 kill? Still has to be Roden/Tric. But your base falls apart. It's built on sand, there isn't any reason to it NQT. Likewise, you accuse Toony of being scum, but focus on me, the easiest target to lynch. I would not be surprised if this is just theater.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 04, 2022, 01:10:54 pm »

Pfp

Tric, reread what I wrote. In that passage I'm saying you claimed protect but actually hypnotised in that scenario.

Guys, am I just really unclear?? Can I not wrote or something?

Also, Tric, that quote isn't even the latest bit of reasoning about your actions. See one of my more recent posts please.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 04, 2022, 01:14:11 pm »

Roden should be super scum from NQT's POV, but instead they copy 4mask and vote Tric even though Roden could have just as easily been the "hypnotizer" and not Tric.
You could just read what I wrote.

It's obvious to me that the team must be TricMagic/Roden:

Tric 'protects' 4mask, after Roden had claimed to want to vig 4mask. So they set up their alibis early. Tric hypnotises ("power of friendship") 4mask into performing the kill. Jim was picked as the target because everyone knows only 4mask can kill Jim. And also Jim had expressed doubt about Tric's clam (the implausibility of "sacrifice").

Either that, or a scum!4mask just straight up shot Jim (why??) while his scum partner Tric doctored him, anticipating a shot from the vig. In either of these scenarios, Tric is scum. POE: Tric, Roden, 4mask.

At that time, with the facts as they were know to me, there were two likely teams. And both had Tric on them. So Tric was the best vote (and, indeed, still is for similar reasons). Simple predicate logic:

(A AND B) OR (B AND C) = B AND (C OR A)

Don't tell me you don't understand this basic argument.

You want to use logic? Okay.

1. 4mask and I can confirm that Tric's death gave 4mask a protection based ability, not some hypnotizing ability. In addition, there would be no use for this item if Tric was mafia with the one exception of Roden's one-shot protect...which would also be useless if the team is Tric/Roden.
2. Roden said they were going to shoot last night, but only Jim died by 4mask's hand. Is Roden's entire role-claim on D2 false? They're either lying scum or something weird happened.
3. Roden said they shot you last night and you didn't die. Either he's lying, you're lying, or a hidden malefactor is at play. This hidden malefactor would not be Tric as it paints Roden poorly for no benefit in a Tric/Roden world.

Order of events on D3:
4mask - "The bad: I was somehow hypnotized into killing Jim Groovester and one of my items got ganked."
Roden - "NQT, you're not a pure Tracker. Full claim please."
4mask - Fullclaims their XCOM role.
Toony - "I'm the one that stole the Celestial Gauntlets from you 4mask."
Tric - "I protected 4mask last night." Also some insane theories that don't make sense.
Note: Even Tric expected to get bussed by me last night.
Partial claims by me and Max.
NQT - Mostly fullclaims their role and actions, leaves out role names.
NQT tries to argue that mafia would shoot Tric if he was really doctor, but this doesn't make sense if mafia fear my bus driving, which they would expect me to do during N2 still.
Roden - "The reason I made these requests is because I targeted you, NQT. Everyone acting shocked that 4mask isn't dead...why? Why are you confused? I made it clear I wanted to lynch NQT yesterday and only wanted to Vig 4mask because no one else was a viable target. But since you guys wanted to mis-lynch an obvtown after I told you all not to AGAIN, I feel like it should be obvious that I was going to shoot NQT."
"Two, and this is a much bigger problem: my action was successful. My results told me that I, as a fact, did manage to flatten NQT into a pancake. However, he's still here. Why? If Tric targeted 4mask, why was my action still successful, yet NQT still lives?"
Roden - Roden theorizes what could be happening if my second yet-to-be-claimed action was me bus driving again. You know, that thing I heavily hinted at doing with Max on D2 and left in the minds of everyone that would keep mafia from wanting to kill Tric.
Toony - I claim my second action that I copied Roden and targeted 4mask.
Max - Max implies they role-copped 4mask last night and can confirm their role is called X-Com.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 04, 2022, 01:31:59 pm »

Pfp

Tric, reread what I wrote. In that passage I'm saying you claimed protect but actually hypnotised in that scenario.

Also, Tric, that quote isn't even the latest bit of reasoning about your actions. See one of my more recent posts please.
That's the fundamental flaw though. While we now know Roden didn't shoot 4mask last night, why would I know that? At the end of the day you have to say my doctor claim is complete bogus for that to work.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 04, 2022, 01:32:50 pm »

Pfp

That's the fundamental flaw though. While we now know Roden didn't shoot 4mask last night, why would I know that? At the end of the day you have to say my doctor claim is complete bogus for that to work.
.... Also, that is your most recent post. Are you paying attention or just trying to deflect attention?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 04, 2022, 02:44:10 pm »

... Also a note that the day ends today and at the moment 4mask/NQT have their votes on me.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 04, 2022, 03:14:08 pm »

Just radio silence from both sides?
I'm literally just waiting for the day to end. If I were to vote now, I'd vote NQT, but I seeing as I have two different sides vying for my vote, I'd rather not. Let's just let the Cop do their job.

No One

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 04, 2022, 03:23:23 pm »

No Lynch

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 04, 2022, 05:19:51 pm »

Toony
1. 4mask and I can confirm that Tric's death gave 4mask a protection based ability, not some hypnotizing ability. In addition, there would be no use for this item if Tric was mafia with the one exception of Roden's one-shot protect...which would also be useless if the team is Tric/Roden.[/i] - Argument for Tric protecting scenario
2. Roden said they were going to shoot last night, but only Jim died by 4mask's hand. Is Roden's entire role-claim on D2 false? They're either lying scum or something weird happened.
3. Roden said they shot you last night and you didn't die. Either he's lying, you're lying, or a hidden malefactor is at play. This hidden malefactor would not be Tric as it paints Roden poorly for no benefit in a Tric/Roden world.

All three of these points were addressed in the most likely three teams I laid out. Again, I literally don't know why I bother when it's guaranteed nothing I write will be read. In all of these scenarios, Tric genuinely does use a protect and Roden either shoots or you and Roden are both lying. Literally accounted for all of this.

Spoiler: All accounted for (click to show/hide)

Hell, I'm struggling to believe a town Toony would be this wilfully ignorant, just straight up pretending I've said things I haven't. What gives?

Max, Tric, 4mask some input on the Toony/Roden match up please. The action sequence repeated here for your convenience:

Roden and Toony
Roden could have hypno'd 4mask, and Toony stolen an item. There never was any vig shots. Toony is a godfather.

That's all compatible with the facts as we know them, right?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 04, 2022, 05:51:44 pm »

I have no idea if Roden actually made a vig shot, which you also don't appear to be able to read.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 04, 2022, 05:56:13 pm »

NQT or Roden is lying, which is why I STILL find it baffling you've gone after Tric and now me instead of Roden, what the fuck?

Like dude, there's this part of me that's like "if Roden just held onto his vig shot and is mafia then town just loses if we no-lynch", but your absolute REFUSAL to understand me is pissing me off.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 04, 2022, 05:58:05 pm »

Toony
1. 4mask and I can confirm that Tric's death gave 4mask a protection based ability, not some hypnotizing ability. In addition, there would be no use for this item if Tric was mafia with the one exception of Roden's one-shot protect...which would also be useless if the team is Tric/Roden.[/i] - Argument for Tric protecting scenario

All three of these points were addressed in the most likely three teams I laid out. Again, I literally don't know why I bother when it's guaranteed nothing I write will be read. In all of these scenarios, Tric genuinely does use a protect and Roden either shoots or you and Roden are both lying. Literally accounted for all of this.

Spoiler: All accounted for (click to show/hide)

Hell, I'm struggling to believe a town Toony would be this wilfully ignorant, just straight up pretending I've said things I haven't. What gives?

Max, Tric, 4mask some input on the Toony/Roden match up please. The action sequence repeated here for your convenience:

Roden and Toony
Roden could have hypno'd 4mask, and Toony stolen an item. There never was any vig shots. Toony is a godfather.

That's all compatible with the facts as we know them, right?
Rn you're making theories to match up with the facts, all to paint the team as someone else. Not actually working to determine which theories you have are false, you're just letting/telling others do so.

I am fine with voting NQT off at this point.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 04, 2022, 05:59:48 pm »

Also Toony, I don't think there is any rule against trading items around during the day phase. So you can pass those gauntlets on now. (And 4mask should have been able to do that too instead of it being locked to an auto-thing.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 04, 2022, 06:00:30 pm »

And you know why I want you dead instead of Roden? Because I believe Roden is telling the truth. If he tricked me then good games, he wins. If he's legit then town is in a good position to win. That's what's going to happen.

Meanwhile Tric is sounding as scummy as fucking possible so I get to enjoy that for another day end, but I don't really care if I lose to Roden/Tric anymore because that would mean I was wrong about pretty much everything this game. So congratulations 4mask and NQT, you guys were right and me and Max get to lose town the game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 04, 2022, 06:01:01 pm »

Also Toony, I don't think there is any rule against trading items around during the day phase. So you can pass those gauntlets on now. (And 4mask should have been able to do that too instead of it being locked to an auto-thing.)
If I can I'll give the Gauntlets to Max right now.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 75