Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 53802 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 3: Jim Grooves Outta Here [6 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #945 on: April 02, 2022, 08:13:10 pm »

But even this scenario doesn't work because, unless I am mistaken, a protect is only good for one kill. Tric's protect would bounce Roden"s bullet but not Toony's.
According to whom? Do you know the text of Tric's ability? Mine don't exactly work like normal vanilla abilities either.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 02, 2022, 08:58:14 pm »

Roden are you actually going to give me a reason Tric isn't scum here or are you going to keep sniping? I know you think I'm scum because I hurt your feelings suspecting you all game, but if you are town could you do some solving maybe?
I've literally been scum reading your slot since before you replaced in.

I already explained how this gets solved. At this point, Tric could only be partnered with Toony.  Otherwise my NQT/4mask solve from yesterday still holds true.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 03, 2022, 09:15:19 am »

Unvote for now. NQT is not looking good, for all I gave you the benefit of the doubt..
Also, me being on the firing line is literally just you and 4mask voting me.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 03, 2022, 10:30:40 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
TricMagic - 2 - 4maskwolf*, notquitethere*,
4maskwolf - 1 - Maximum Spin*,
Maximum Spin - 0 -
notquitethere - 0 -
Roden - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 3 - Roden, ToonyMan, TricMagic*,

4 to Hammer. Day ends on April 04, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~33 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 03, 2022, 12:23:13 pm »

NQT and 4mask

4mask shoots Jim in a unforced error instead of the doctor, then NQT revives from being shot without creating a revived message. This is tactically unlikely and mechanically impossible.
Hah!

I already mentioned this, but how could Roden have shot Jim if town!Toony confirms Roden made a shot and 4mask claims to have been hypnotised. Makes no sense
I don't know if Roden actually shot. I can only confirm I copied him last night and successfuly performed an action that doesn't give back results. So Roden did something that doesn't give back results, like vigging. I claimed my second action last because I wanted Roden to claim without knowing what I did.

You keep saying 4mask would kill Tric and not Jim, but you need to remember that as far as mafia knew I was likely going to bus drive Tric with someone else on N2 as it was made clear here. It would be suicide to try to kill Tric as my top suspects were 4mask and NQT.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 03, 2022, 12:28:52 pm »

I'm fine with voting NQT or 4mask today so we can win or lose sooner, but if people aren't comfortable with that we can no-lynch.

Roden and Tric both have doctor protects.

I'll refill Max's one-shot and make them immune to being roleblocked.
Max, if you have more than one one-shot I'll need to know the exact name of the one you want refilled.

Max can cop someone with the guaranteed results one-shot.

4mask and NQT can uh do something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 03, 2022, 12:35:09 pm »

@NQT:
Instead of giving an overview of every possible combination (which I don't find very helpful) you could instead look through the game thread and argue why Tric and Roden are the mafia since, you know, you're voting them.

I don't have much for D1 except finding 4mask suspicious the entire day. If I'm right then he was mafia with Knightwing64 who didn't do anything during D1, which of course made things more difficult.

D2 is much the same story: I found NQT extremely suspicious as soon as they started posting on D2. It basically just came to my paranoia of 4mask/Jim or Jack/Tric that screwed up D2 as both NQT and 4mask were on the chopping block at the end of D2.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 03, 2022, 12:37:07 pm »

Max, if you have more than one one-shot I'll need to know the exact name of the one you want refilled.
"Validity".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 04, 2022, 09:18:22 am »

Just radio silence from both sides?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 04, 2022, 09:44:25 am »

Just radio silence from both sides?
Who knows, maybe Roden and Toony are the mafia but can't actually kill tonight, so they can't guarantee a win by hammering and what Roden said earlier is invalid, and are instead planning to wait out a kill on you while half-assedly objecting.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 04, 2022, 09:48:05 am »

Roden should win no matter what I think. If he's town then mafia shouldn't be able to kill two people tonight and unless they have something up their sleeve we win. If he's mafia then we probably lose. So it's almost a guaranteed Roden victory regardless.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 04, 2022, 09:52:39 am »

We increase our chances of not getting duped by a hidden mafia ability if we vote off NQT or 4mask, so that's safer in that sense. On the other hand, if we're being tricked by a mafia team that doesn't contain NQT and 4mask then we doom ourselves. The only thing I can think of would be Roden/Tric but I really don't believe that's true. And I think Max is always town here.

Basically I don't believe Roden and NQT can be the same alignment and it comes down to which one we believe more.

It's going to be embarrassing for town no matter what happens.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 04, 2022, 09:57:26 am »

That is another thing I find ultra baffling about NQT's opening post D3.

They voted Tric instead of Roden, why?

Roden should be super scum from NQT's POV, but instead they copy 4mask and vote Tric even though Roden could have just as easily been the "hypnotizer" and not Tric.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 04, 2022, 11:29:05 am »

Roden should be super scum from NQT's POV, but instead they copy 4mask and vote Tric even though Roden could have just as easily been the "hypnotizer" and not Tric.
You could just read what I wrote.

It's obvious to me that the team must be TricMagic/Roden:

Tric 'protects' 4mask, after Roden had claimed to want to vig 4mask. So they set up their alibis early. Tric hypnotises ("power of friendship") 4mask into performing the kill. Jim was picked as the target because everyone knows only 4mask can kill Jim. And also Jim had expressed doubt about Tric's clam (the implausibility of "sacrifice").

Either that, or a scum!4mask just straight up shot Jim (why??) while his scum partner Tric doctored him, anticipating a shot from the vig. In either of these scenarios, Tric is scum. POE: Tric, Roden, 4mask.

At that time, with the facts as they were know to me, there were two likely teams. And both had Tric on them. So Tric was the best vote (and, indeed, still is for similar reasons). Simple predicate logic:

(A AND B) OR (B AND C) = B AND (C OR A)

Don't tell me you don't understand this basic argument.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 04, 2022, 11:32:23 am »

Like, it's not baffling in the slightest. How can we explain this?

1. You have poor reading comprehension
2. You're scum and just making shit up
3. You forgot what I actually said and are just going off a version you made up in your head
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 75