Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 54074 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 2: Tricky Magic [8 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #645 on: March 30, 2022, 04:10:22 pm »

FYI: I won't be around for end of day.  So feel free to lynch me while I'm not around.  I look like scum, I have no way of proving I'm not scum, so fuck it. I can be your designated mislynch if you're hell bent on mislynching.

But I'll be around for a bit.

HOWEVER, nobody has counter claimed Cop in any way shape or form.  We also have allegedly three millers.  So I'm inclined to think Max is our Town Cop.
This is way off from Euchrejack— What reason do you have to think there definitely would be a cop or that there would only be one? (Multiple players may have investigative one-shots— indeed the game started with various peek claims). More pressingly, why are you trying to role fish here, baiting a cop to claim?
Max claimed cop.  If there was a full-blown cop, they would counterclaim Max due to knowing that Max is lying mafia scum.
Nobody did that.
Ergo, Max is probably cop.  And Max claimed without any prompting by me.
Go back to your reading, NQT  ::)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 30, 2022, 04:10:53 pm »

Wow, so now if 4maskwolf flips town, then I've been upgraded to KILL rather than LYNCH.
Note: I was supposed to provide Roden an alibi by tracking them, so  ???

But fuck it, 4maskwolf
What's wrong with that? The most likely people to have killed last night are me, Tric, Jack, or 4mask.

If 4mask is town he's pointing a finger at another top killer suspect, you or possibly Tric.

But, then again, maybe not.
Maybe the best thing for a wolf to do is push a lynch that isn't going anywhere.  He gets the town cred of rabidly pursuing a suspect without the suspicion of being part of a lynch of a townie.
That towncred goes away the moment he flips mafia after we lynch him.

at this point 4maskwolf is pretty much burned so they probably don't care.
Are you reading the same posts I am?

PPE:
I would really prefer voting off 4mask here since if he's town then Roden could shoot Jack. 4mask expresses full trust in me and Jim so he should be okay with this, although it's still shitty for 4mask. 4mask has suspected Tric and Jack since D1.

Jim is HARD DEFENDING 4mask which I think he is mainly doing because of the massive bribe he received last night. I don't strongly feel he's mafia with 4mask because this is super desperate, but it's definitely not impossible as they're boned otherwise in that scenario.
I'm okay with it in the same way I'm okay with blood draws: not at all and only participating with great reluctance, but if it’s truly necessary I’ll grudgingly accept it. Just wish I was dying for something more valuable than an ego play, though.
Yeah it's not like I'm considering anything you're saying now that you're present.
Except that your exact argument could work equally well in reverse: why not launch EuchreJack and shoot me in my lying wolf face if he’s town, rather than launching me before shooting Euchre in his lying wolf face? If Jack is a wolf we don’t even know what his real role is because “ascetic tracker” is such obvious bullshit, whereas the details of my role are known and confirmed by Jim

Yes, I’d rather live to the end of the game, especially when my death isn’t actually part of a breaking strategy. Sue me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 30, 2022, 04:12:54 pm »

I would really prefer voting off 4mask here since if he's town then Roden could shoot Jack. 4mask expresses full trust in me and Jim so he should be okay with this, although it's still shitty for 4mask. 4mask has suspected Tric and Jack since D1.

Jim is HARD DEFENDING 4mask which I think he is mainly doing because of the massive bribe he received last night. I don't strongly feel he's mafia with 4mask because this is super desperate, but it's definitely not impossible as they're boned otherwise in that scenario.
I'm okay with it in the same way I'm okay with blood draws: not at all and only participating with great reluctance, but if it’s truly necessary I’ll grudgingly accept it. Just wish I was dying for something more valuable than an ego play, though.
Now, this bothers me, since I know I'm town, and thus if you flip town then two town die instead of one.
Yet, you don't seem to consider this a possibility, so why should I?
So my vote remains.
What.
I was whining about dying, not declaring you scum emperor of the scum empire forever and ever amen.

I genuinely don’t think you have more than like a 2% chance of flipping town though.

Notice how the immediate response from both Tric and Jack when I shine a light on them is yo reflexively lash out and try and push for my death.
Sorry, but how exactly am I 98% scum?!
Like, seriously, explain yourself.
If I didn't think you were scum, I would not have "lashed out".  Brush up on your acting lessons, scum.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 30, 2022, 04:14:38 pm »

Now, this bothers me, since I know I'm town, and thus if you flip town then two town die instead of one.
So my vote remains.
What.
I was whining about dying, not declaring you scum emperor of the scum empire forever and ever amen.

I genuinely don’t think you have more than like a 2% chance of flipping town though.

Notice how the immediate response from both Tric and Jack when I shine a light on them is yo reflexively lash out and try and push for my death.
If I didn't think you were scum, I would not have "lashed out".  Brush up on your acting lessons, scum.
This post doesn’t even merit a real response lmao. You, me, and everyone else knows that “2%” wasn’t some kind of exact mathematical value but a way of expressing how certain I am in you being a wolf.

But please, keep grasping at straws.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 30, 2022, 04:15:06 pm »

Wow, so now if 4maskwolf flips town, then I've been upgraded to KILL rather than LYNCH.

But fuck it, 4maskwolf
What's wrong with that? The most likely people to have killed last night are me, Tric, Jack, or 4mask.

If 4mask is town he's pointing a finger at another top killer suspect, you or possibly Tric.

Maybe the best thing for a wolf to do is push a lynch that isn't going anywhere.  He gets the town cred of rabidly pursuing a suspect without the suspicion of being part of a lynch of a townie.

PPE:

Yeah it's not like I'm considering anything you're saying now that you're present.
Except that your exact argument could work equally well in reverse: why not launch EuchreJack and shoot me in my lying wolf face if he’s town, rather than launching me before shooting Euchre in his lying wolf face? If Jack is a wolf we don’t even know what his real role is because “ascetic tracker” is such obvious bullshit, whereas the details of my role are known and confirmed by Jim

Yes, I’d rather live to the end of the game, especially when my death isn’t actually part of a breaking strategy. Sue me.
So...Known role but scummy is better than Unknownable role but townie?
By your logic, we love the Devil and hate God.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 30, 2022, 04:16:21 pm »

But fuck it, 4maskwolf

PPE:

So...Known role but scummy is better than Unknownable role but townie?
By your logic, we love the Devil and hate God.
Wow.

I am so burned.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 30, 2022, 04:17:50 pm »

Seriously does anyone here actually think this grasping at straws and flailing to find some way to implicate me is towny?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 30, 2022, 04:18:50 pm »

So my vote remains.
What.

This post doesn’t even merit a real response lmao. You, me, and everyone else knows that “2%” wasn’t some kind of exact mathematical value but a way of expressing how certain I am in you being a wolf.

Instead of trying to paint me scum, why not explain for the other viewers why I'm scum?
That alone is suspicious.
If you are misguided, I'll unvote you myself.  Did I vote you end of Day 1? NO

Oh, you switched from me to Vector at some point.  Hm, I need to reassess.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 30, 2022, 04:20:30 pm »

Seriously does anyone here actually think this grasping at straws and flailing to find some way to implicate me is towny?

The problem I have with this is twofold:
1) I'm trying to have a conversation so I can make a last-minute assessment of you.  I am voting you, and I could unvote you.  Why do you fail to understand that?
2) I'm NOT the only one who has suspected you today.  In fact, it was mostly Toonyman, yet you aren't going after him AT ALL.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 30, 2022, 04:25:23 pm »

So my vote remains.
What.

Instead of trying to paint me scum, why not explain for the other viewers why I'm scum?
That alone is suspicious.
If you are misguided, I'll unvote you myself.  Did I vote you end of Day 1? NO

Oh, you switched from me to Vector at some point.  Hm, I need to reassess.
I already explained why you were scum both from a social deduction angle (D1) and a mechanical angle (D2). Which you should know if you’re genuine about casing me.

The problem I have with this is twofold:
1) I'm trying to have a conversation so I can make a last-minute assessment of you.  I am voting you, and I could unvote you.  Why do you fail to understand that?
2) I'm NOT the only one who has suspected you today.  In fact, it was mostly Toonyman, yet you aren't going after him AT ALL.
Just a few posts ago you were telling me to “brush up on my acting skills scum” and now you’re “making a last minute assessment of me”?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah bullshit.

Yes, Toony (and many other people) have suspected me today. Toony is mechanically improbable as a wolf and has valid reasons (if not ones I agree with) for having suspected me. I don’t go after people because they suspect me, I go after them because they are wolfy.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 30, 2022, 04:27:17 pm »

READ THIS POST
Ah shit, we didn't even bother to look at the end of day 1.  We're all amateur here.
End of Day 1: 4maskwolf swaps onto Vector, then Max swaps onto Vector.  Both in the last 5 minutes of the day.
They could totally have been a mafia team coordinating a vote onto Vector.

I take back my town read of Max.

Thank you.  You can go back to ignoring the 4mask vs. Me posting spam.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 30, 2022, 04:29:29 pm »

READ THIS POST
Ah shit, we didn't even bother to look at the end of day 1.  We're all amateur here.
End of Day 1: 4maskwolf swaps onto Vector, then Max swaps onto Vector.  Both in the last 5 minutes of the day.

Would you like to share with the class who Max and I swung the vote off of?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 30, 2022, 04:32:38 pm »

Tricmagic said something that's been bothering the hell out of me.

Pretty sure someone just tried to shoot Jim last night and it wound up getting redirected onto Tricmagic (Jim redirecting the kill onto me and it then being redirected by Toonyman onto Tricmagic). Why?

I ONLY SAW TOONYMAN VISIT TRICMAGIC (BY WATCHING YOU) DURING N1.

IF I'M WATCHING SOMEBODY AND THEY GET REDIRECTED TO THEMSELVES I DON'T KNOW IF I SEE THEM.

FEASIBLY IF TRICMAGIC WAS THE EVENTUAL NIGHT KILL TARGET THEN IT WAS TOONYMAN OR TRICMAGIC WHO DID IT.
It's late here and my grasp of this game having subbed in part way is not as strong as I'd like... but reading Toony's claim, isn't the most likely reason Tric was shot was because someone shot 4mask and it was bussed to Tric? Or is that ruled out by something else?

---

Euchre, you must see that it's highly unlikely that this set up would have a pure cop. Everyone has bizarro roles, no?

Ppe: time to recheck eod...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 30, 2022, 04:33:21 pm »

READ THIS POST

Would you like to share with the class who Max and I swung the vote off of?
Toonyman

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 30, 2022, 04:34:41 pm »

Tricmagic said something that's been bothering the hell out of me.

Pretty sure someone just tried to shoot Jim last night and it wound up getting redirected onto Tricmagic (Jim redirecting the kill onto me and it then being redirected by Toonyman onto Tricmagic). Why?

I ONLY SAW TOONYMAN VISIT TRICMAGIC (BY WATCHING YOU) DURING N1.

IF I'M WATCHING SOMEBODY AND THEY GET REDIRECTED TO THEMSELVES I DON'T KNOW IF I SEE THEM.

FEASIBLY IF TRICMAGIC WAS THE EVENTUAL NIGHT KILL TARGET THEN IT WAS TOONYMAN OR TRICMAGIC WHO DID IT.
It's late here and my grasp of this game having subbed in part way is not as strong as I'd like... but reading Toony's claim, isn't the most likely reason Tric was shot was because someone shot 4mask and it was bussed to Tric? Or is that ruled out by something else?

---

Euchre, you must see that it's highly unlikely that this set up would have a pure cop. Everyone has bizarro roles, no?

Ppe: time to recheck eod...
I'm a "pure" tracker, unless I misread my role.  Thus I believed that there could be a pure cop.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 75