Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: One World (SG)  (Read 4143 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
One World (SG)
« on: February 28, 2022, 10:37:15 am »

One World (SG)

In this suggestion game, each chapter will feature a different main character existing in the same world, chosen by players. Additionally, players can control not only the main character but also other characters in the game, as well as create events/situations and suggest pretty much anything they like.

This will likely be a long-term project for me and updates may be slow/sporadic at times.

Who will be the main character for the first chapter?

Name:
Description/Bio:
Starting Location/Situation:

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: One World (SG)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 10:38:03 am »

(Reserved)
Ear teeth

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 11:26:39 am »

Name: Altaron
Description/Bio: a male warlock.  He has no memories.
Starting Location/Situation: in some sort of dungeon.  There is an effigy of his patron on the wall, which is speaking to him.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 05:03:18 pm »

(SG?  I thought this was an ISG!  Where did the I go?  WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REST OF THE THREAD??!!!!)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 05:37:57 pm »

Name: Stu "Brick" Brick, Jr.
Description/Bio: World-famous otterball player, recently benched for the year after tearing an upper meniscus tendon in your left thigh and definitely not for performance-enhancing drugs.
Starting Location/Situation: You wake up alone in a strange, extremely plush curtained bed. You vaguely remember partying with some fans last night. One of the pillows seems to be embroidered, "Altaron".

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 02:34:39 am »

Name: Stu "Brick" Brick, Jr.
Description/Bio: World-famous otterball player, recently benched for the year after tearing an upper meniscus tendon in your left thigh and definitely not for performance-enhancing drugs.
Starting Location/Situation: You wake up alone in a strange, extremely plush curtained bed. You vaguely remember partying with some fans last night. One of the pillows seems to be embroidered, "Altaron".
+1

I shall miss the I from the original version which had the ISG.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2022, 08:00:35 am »

(The 'I' turned out to be a bit too much work, and so was benched! Perhaps they will make a guest appearance some time~)
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 08:16:04 am »

You are Stu "Brick" Brick, Jr., world-famous otterball player, recently benched for the year after tearing an upper meniscus tendon in your left thigh and definitely not for performance-enhancing drugs.

You wake up alone in a strange, extremely plush curtained bed. You vaguely remember partying with some fans last night. One of the pillows seems to be embroidered, "Altaron".

The soft velvety feeling of the bedsheets brushes against your body as you begin to wake up. Memories of the night before flash in your mind - disconnected pieces, barely coherent, but all in all rapturous. It was one of many nights spent similarly, though never quite the same. You've had a lot of free time on your hands since you were recently benched from the otterball team. There was a bit of an uproar from the fans regarding that situation, and you recall quite a few of them from last night asking you about it, and other things. A lot of drunken yelling and cheering, as well. You seem to recall doing a bit of that yourself. The fans do love it!

Looking around, the bed you are lying on is curtained, cocooning your immediate surroundings in a plush purple. Beyond it, the vague hint of light obscured by the curtains. None of this is familiar to you, and you can't really recall how you got here. All you know is that it's not your bed... well, not one of your usual beds. At least it's comfortable.

You soon notice a peculiar pillow nearby, embroidered "Altaron". Something about it seems familiar. Altaron... is that a name? Someone you know?... Your memory is so fuzzy...

Ear teeth

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 05:40:30 pm »

Throw your daily bucket of crap out the window
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2022, 10:17:39 pm »

Don't be absurd, how could he possibly find his bucket if he doesn't even know where he is?

Instead, he starts snooping around the room trying to figure out where he is and who brought him here. He finds a love letter — signed by himself. It seems he actually felt quite passionately about this Altaron, so why can't he remember anything? Could there be someone else sending out love letters on his behalf, or somehow stealing people's memories of their lovers?!

After picking up all his clothes, he carefully secures the love letter in his pocket and looks out the windows, hoping he's in a familiar neighborhood and can figure out how to get home.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2022, 04:20:59 am »

Don't be absurd, how could he possibly find his bucket if he doesn't even know where he is?

Instead, he starts snooping around the room trying to figure out where he is and who brought him here. He finds a love letter — signed by himself. It seems he actually felt quite passionately about this Altaron, so why can't he remember anything? Could there be someone else sending out love letters on his behalf, or somehow stealing people's memories of their lovers?!

After picking up all his clothes, he carefully secures the love letter in his pocket and looks out the windows, hoping he's in a familiar neighborhood and can figure out how to get home.
+1

Well he could always find another bucket of crap and throw that out the window.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2022, 05:41:54 am »

Rubbing the haziness from your eyes you get up from the bed, brushing away the curtains to find yourself in a room of similarly exquisite luxury. A most satisfactory sight, but none of it rings a bell in your memory - not the elegant furniture, the decorative rugs, nor the dreamy landscape artwork on the wall.

An ornate table sits across the room, drawing you toward it. On top of it you find a curious letter, apparently addressed to Altaron, and signed by none other than yourself - Stu Brick Jr. The letter takes on an intimate, romantic tone - apparently you felt quite passionately about this Altaron. And yet, you can't even seem to recall who they are now. Did you really write this letter? If you did, why can't you remember?

Puzzled, you soon pick up your clothes and get dressed, securing the love letter in your pocket. You head toward the window, taking a look outside. Apparently you are on the second story, giving you a good view of the immediate neighborhood. It looks to be a wealthy area, and the style of the residences jogs your memory a little. There's an air of familiarity about the place as a whole... and then you spot the castle tower off in the distance, and remember that you're in the City of Aerilon, an inland metropolis and capital of the Kingdom of Telasta. You were partying at one of the taverns last night... but how you ended up here in this building is a mystery. At least you're still in the same city!

The familiar habit of throwing your daily bucket of crap out the window soon enters your mind, but your bucket is obviously not around. You do happen to see another bucket nearby though, as you shrug... why not, right? Picking up the random bucket, you empty it out the window, its contents hitting the street gutters. A passing nobleman waves good day at you. You awkwardly wave back.

Anyway, perhaps it's time to try and find your way home now. You do have your own place in the city, but first you'd need to leave this place and figure out where exactly you are. Looking around the room, there are a couple of doors - a small one that looks like the entrance to a closet, and a main one that probably leads to the rest of the building.

Spoiler: Character info (click to show/hide)

Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2022, 04:05:03 am »

Throw the table out the window, then use the sheets to make a rope and use said rope to get out of the building by the window.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2022, 03:56:02 pm »

After climbing out the window, he grabs the table he previously threw out and uses it to smash the head of a waiting assassin.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2022, 04:55:12 am »

Neither of the doors look very appetizing to you. The window, however, does. Picking up the table, you throw it out the window, as it lands with a thud near the bucket of crap you threw out earlier. You then make a rope out of the sheets and use it to climb out of the building.

Looking around, you sense that something isn't quite right. You glance to a nearby bush and spot a suspicious shadow lurking behind it. Adrenaline surges and a stray instinct alerts you to danger. You pick up the table and with the agility and prowess of a world-class otterballer, smash it on the furtive figure's head before they are able to react. The hooded person collapses to the ground, daggers rolling from their loosened fingers.

Observing the unconscious assassin, a strange sense of familiarity washes over you again. You uncover their hood, to find a red-haired woman. She is wearing a necklace, with a heart-shaped pendant inscribed with the name "Altaron." Altaron again! Just who is this Altaron!? And who is this female assassin? Another one of Altaron's lovers, who found out about your apparent affair (which you can't even remember) with them? Could they have found similar letters as the one you found, and then came after you out of jealous revenge? Or could this be something more intricate? You look down at the assassin with a frown, trying to recollect or figure out anything else you can.

Spoiler: Character info (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 04:56:44 am by MeimieFan88 »
Ear teeth
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5