Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 35931 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #255 on: August 14, 2022, 09:36:01 pm »

Irine
Irine Gains 25 Mana (Now 50)
?.?.? Loses 30 Mana (Now 175)
Agility Check: 3 (Success), 8 (No Crit), Remainder 3
?.?.? Agility Check: 10 (Failure)

Seeing no other good option, Irine decided to run as fast as she could away from the scary girl with the lightning mace, shouting for help as she did so. She kept her flame dance up behind her as she ran, hoping it would buy her some time, as she ran further into the trees.

Her attacker charged forward again, being burnt by the rising flames, but this time, she couldn’t get through the winding patterns on the ground, and was forced to stop her assault. While she growled at Irine again, the demi-fox was at least safe for now.

Doc Holliday
Luck Check: 9 (Success), Remainder 1
Agility Check: 2 (Success), 8 (No Crit), Remainder 8
Agility Check (-3 for currently falling): 5 (Success), 8 (No Crit), Remainder 7 vs 7 (Success), 3 (No Crit), Remainder 3
Damage Check: 1 (Success), 9 (No Crit), Remainder 5 vs 2 (Success), 8 (Crit Success), Remainder 3
? Loses 8 Mana (Now 112)
? Agility Check: 8 (Success), 10 (No Crit), Remainder 8 vs 4 (Success), 9 (No Crit), Remainder 6
Damage Check: 9 (Failure)

Looking for another angle to try to find his attacker, Doc backed away from the tree had been leaning on before, before charging at it at full speed, running up the trunk using the branches as footholds, until he finally kicked off the highest branch and launched himself into the air.

From up in the air, he can see the area around, the leaves rustling the night air, and the moonlight washing everything in a slightly silvery glow. As for the location of his enemy, he’s able to see a red glow and a thin line of smoke coming out of one tree. He shoots at the tree, and while he can’t be certain he really hit anything, the important part is that he knows where to shoot now.

As he returns to the ground, the enemy marksman looses another shot, but just like the one before, it only manages to graze his cheek. He can’t tell if his shot threw off his opponent's aim, or if they just keep missing, but regardless, now he knows where to aim.

Nuada
Nuada Gains 10 Mana (Now 150)
Luck Check: 6 (Success), 1 (Crit Success), Remainder 3 vs 7 (Success), 2 (Success), Remainder 5
Nuada Activates Active Skill (+ to Strength, +10 Damage) Cooldown 4 turns.
?? Agility Check: 9 (Success), 8 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 1 vs 6 (Success), 9 (No Crit), Remainder 4
Damage Check: 5 (Success), 4 (No Crit) vs 1 (Success), 5 (No Crit), Remainder 5
Nuada Loses 30 Mana (Now 120)

Nuada attempts to sense the presence of his attacker, trying to sense their mana or movement, but it’s almost like something is blocking him. It’s almost like his enemy doesn’t have any presence to sense. Regardless, he focused some of his mana into his sword to sharpen it, for when he finally manages to find the enemy.

His opponent made use of his continued inability to find him, throwing another dagger at Nuada. While this wound wasn’t as deep, they were adding up, and while Nuada’s nature meant he’d be able to keep up with these injuries longer than most, he still couldn’t just sit here being stabbed forever.

John Henry
Agility Check: 6 (Success), 2 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 2 vs 3 (Success), 9 (No Crit), Remainder 5
Damage Check: 7 (Success), 3 (Crit Success) (2x) vs 3 (Failure)
Ghost Loses 140 Mana (Now Dead)
John Henry Loses 10 Mana (Now 170)

"A wise guy huh?” John asked, heaving up his hammer, “Well I ain't having in." He swung his hammer at the ghost, fast enough that it had no chance to avoid the strike, and strong enough that the phantom was already fading into mana before the strike even stopped, sending dirt flying everywhere from the impact as a decent sized hole was left in the ground. John Henry wasn’t a legend among steel drivers for nothing.

Now then, there was no one else interrupting his work.

Right so, Paladin, I missed that you had just made it + to strength and damage, yes, that would be 4 turns, since it's only two effects. Sorry for missing that. Fail, I'd forgotten about the decision to use strength for melee attacks if it was higher. I kept this as agility for now since you got a crit, but I'll make sure to remember to roll your accuracy with strength in the future.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 14, 2022, 09:40:05 pm »

Irine
current form: Hybrid
mana: 50/200

I go silent, and keep running, making as much distance as I can. In the distance I blindly maintain my Flame dance in the area it was ongoing as best I can from afar.

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 14, 2022, 10:14:15 pm »

Irine
current form: Hybrid
mana: 50/200

I go silent, and keep running, making as much distance as I can. In the distance I blindly maintain my Flame dance in the area it was ongoing as best I can from afar.

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)

Just a warning that if you go too far away, you lose your territory.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 14, 2022, 10:27:26 pm »

I know what to do and I know where to do it.

"Blaze away! You're a daisy if you have! A-OK!"

Now with his target in his sights Doc activates his Noble Phantasm, blasting away as he rushes towards his enemy. With the penalty to Agility they won't be sneaking 'round here no more.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 14, 2022, 10:52:02 pm »

I'm zoned, and can create a new a new territory elsewhere. Irine has zero plans to re-engage or attempt to take out her enemy, her plan here is literally just "fk this, i'm out, goodbye". She isn't coming back until she's healed and preferably with backup. Treat this as a forfeit if you want.

If you want her to break action and instead attempt to win, she still isn't going to stay for the territory, her goal in that case if she HAS to try to win here is to hide as far away as she can, and then use her NP to destroy the entire region.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 10:53:49 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 15, 2022, 07:18:01 am »

I'm zoned, and can create a new a new territory elsewhere. Irine has zero plans to re-engage or attempt to take out her enemy, her plan here is literally just "fk this, i'm out, goodbye". She isn't coming back until she's healed and preferably with backup. Treat this as a forfeit if you want.

If you want her to break action and instead attempt to win, she still isn't going to stay for the territory, her goal in that case if she HAS to try to win here is to hide as far away as she can, and then use her NP to destroy the entire region.
I wasn’t telling you to change the action, just warning you about the potential issue. I’m ok with playing running and regrouping, though given their is no backup, since rounds technically take place inside a small self contained universe with just the combatants and the terrain, do you want me to run it as forfeiting?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 07:19:59 am by Smoke Mirrors »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 15, 2022, 10:06:54 am »

Her coming back to attack would break character. Her attacker seems like a guardian of the area that is simply overzealous, and Irine is the tresspasser here.

If however Irine is trapped then her reaction would be to hide and firestorm the entire region.

In either case, it wouldn't really help your combat system test since it would boil down more to a stealth game or test of hiding ability.

But as for a direct confrontation? Irine has no reasonable chance here. This opponent hits way to hard for her to withstand their attacks long enough to build up. Even if Irine hadn't ceeded the first turn in an attempt to talk things out, I don't see her winning a 1v1 with this.

I am fine with treating this as a forfeit, considering the circumstances.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 15, 2022, 10:12:39 am »

Her coming back to attack would break character. Her attacker seems like a guardian of the area that is simply overzealous, and Irine is the tresspasser here.

If however Irine is trapped then her reaction would be to hide and firestorm the entire region.

In either case, it wouldn't really help your combat system test since it would boil down more to a stealth game or test of hiding ability.

But as for a direct confrontation? Irine has no reasonable chance here. This opponent hits way to hard for her to withstand their attacks long enough to build up. Even if Irine hadn't ceeded the first turn in an attempt to talk things out, I don't see her winning a 1v1 with this.

I am fine with treating this as a forfeit, considering the circumstances.

Ok. I’d be willing to it as a hiding test, but if you think that’s less than doable, I’d also be willing to just accept the forfeiture. Sorry for putting you up against an opponent who may not have been the best match for you. If anyone is curious how opponents were picked, I used dice to get 4 random servants from the example sheets and then assigned them as I thought would make the best match ups. I think I’ll revisit this match up in the multiplayer round so Irine can actually have support for it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 15, 2022, 10:21:40 am »

I do think a stealth matchup is doable, but I don't think it's what you were trying to test here, and the tactics to be used would be uninteresting. Irine runs until she reaches a barrier of some kind, she then switches to full-fox form to make herself as small as possible, and hides in the best hiding spot she can find, and then uses Firestorm on the entire region for 10 turns. Either the Oni finds her in that time limit, or it doesn't, and Irine isn't going to go peeking (since that could get her found and wouldn't help her anyway) so you aren't even going to have a reason to write if she sees the Oni looking for her. It'd just be a description of Irine hiding until either the place is burnt to a crisp or the Oni finds her and squishes her like a bug.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 15, 2022, 10:40:21 am »

I’ll leave it up to you if you want me to run it out just treat it as a forfeit. Either way I’ll revisit the fight in the multi round to see how that goes.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 15, 2022, 10:49:03 am »

I think it'd be a waste of effort, lets just move on without going to the trouble.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 16, 2022, 12:15:14 am »

John Henry

"That's right. Nothings getting in the way if this railroad."

Repeat the logging/carpentry process until either interrupted or after 20 trees. Whichever comes first.

(Where it any other Servant, this would either be mind numbingly boring or done in minutes. Thankfully, John has the exact combination of Mad Enhancement and personal skills to make just fucking stupid amounts of menial labor fully bearable)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 16, 2022, 03:50:12 pm »

tactical retreat.  attempt to lose my pursuer,
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 16, 2022, 09:59:24 pm »

I'm putting off the turn for the night. I saw a movie with my family today and when I got back, at 10, my parents wanted to watch another show, so now it's pretty late. I'm going to run the dice rolls tonight, but I think it's better if I actually write the turn tomorrow morning. Sorry.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 17, 2022, 10:42:40 am »

Irine

Irine went silent, continuing to run as fast as she could away from her adversary. She knew she had no hope of beating an opponent one on one when the gap in strength was just too high, so her only choice was to run away and regroup.

Irine Forfeits

Doc Holliday
Luck Check: 7 (Success), 1 (Crit Success) +40 Damage
Doc Loses 20 Mana (Now 120)
? gains -3 for roll under number for Agility for 3 actions.
? Agility Check: 1 (Success), 7 (Crit Success) (1.5x) Remainder 5 vs 3 (Success), 1 (Crit Success), Remainder 6

"Blaze away! You're a daisy if you have! A-OK!" Doc shouted as a frontier illusion covered the forest. While you could still see the trees, they appeared to be semi transparent, and as the phantom of the noon-day sun shined over head, a well traveled sand path blazed the way from Doc to his enemy, a grizzled looking older man in a camouflage cloak holding a crossbow, with the red glow of laser sights.

His enemy in sight, Doc blasted at him with his shotgun, disorienting the man and nearly forcing his gun from his hands. The man fired a shot in return, but Doc’s hit had shaken him up enough that the shot went wild, causing a small burst of dirt as it hit the ground behind Holliday.

Nuada
Nuada Gains 10 Mana (Now 130)
Agility Check: 10 (Failure)
?? Agility Check: 7 (Success), 2 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 9 vs 6 (Success), 3 (No Crit), Remainder 2
Damage Check: 8 (Failure)

Nuada ran, trying to escape his still unseen enemy, but unfortunately the mess of roots on the ground and branches sticking out of the trees every which way made it hard to get around anywhere fast, leading to him only managing to get a short while away before his shoulder his a branch that was bit more sturdy than he had expected, knocking him off balance.

His enemy seemed to have prepared for his attempt to run, with a dagger flying at him, but they hadn't seemed to have been expecting Nuada’s collision, as while he struggled to regain his balance, the dagger glanced off his armor, falling to the ground behind him.

John Henry
Strength Check: 8 (Success), 3 (Crit Success), Remainder 1
Endurance Check: 1 (Success), 7 (Crit Success), Remainder 6

With the ghost out of the way, John Henry got back to work on the important stuff, logging. With his hammer he started smashing down more and more trees, leaving the forest floor full of wood splinters and slightly exploded looking stumps as he got to work on breaking them into boards. For most other servants, they would either run out of stamina or patience for this kind of work, but John Henry was built for labor, and with twenty trees cut into planks, he still had the energy for more work.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41