Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 35907 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Yeah, somehow resisting the effect slipped my mind. Also, I’ll need to figure out how exactly to figure out what a curse or magical item’s roll under number would be. Regardless, it’s late where I am, so probably for the best if I get back to you on what to do with the spell tomorrow
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

I'd say that it has reduced effectiveness depending on how *physical* an effect is. So things like magically created items would get bonuses on their rolls to resist being dispelled, and things like curses get minuses on rolls to resist being dispelled.

Oh, and in case it wasn't clear, I've been assuming that the cleanse can be resisted.

Ok, I think that I can accept it at least for the time being, given this is testing so if it turns out to be busted, then it can be changed later, though I probably need to work out more of how spell resistance work. I think it may make more sense for it to be a contested roll, so that a character with above 10 Mana doesn't always resist a spell and the strength of the caster vs target fits in, though spells like Flame orb or summoning would have separate rolls for use and resistance as it's not created with a specific target.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

I'd say that it has reduced effectiveness depending on how *physical* an effect is. So things like magically created items would get bonuses on their rolls to resist being dispelled, and things like curses get minuses on rolls to resist being dispelled.

Oh, and in case it wasn't clear, I've been assuming that the cleanse can be resisted.

Ok, I think that I can accept it at least for the time being, given this is testing so if it turns out to be busted, then it can be changed later, though I probably need to work out more of how spell resistance work. I think it may make more sense for it to be a contested roll, so that a character with above 10 Mana doesn't always resist a spell and the strength of the caster vs target fits in, though spells like Flame orb or summoning would have separate rolls for use and resistance as it's not created with a specific target.
Seems solid to me, it also gives you a lever to adjust if the variety or power of spells turns out to be a problem.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, now to figure out what John Henry's ability would be. His whole kit is kinda covered pretty nicely already.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Alright, now to figure out what John Henry's ability would be. His whole kit is kinda covered pretty nicely already.

You could toss healing onto an active ability and get a new passive.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could, but frankly it feels like if anything that would make the healing weaker. After all, theoretically John Henry can spam-heal his way through the damage dealt by a weaker opponent.

Although, I suppose that in itself is kind of an exploit best patched.

Hmm... what if the healing is based on the amount of Overload damage he has received since the ability was last used? Essentially he sacrifices a turn to undo the negative effects of Overload.
Will need to think of an alternative passive for him though...

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

I could, but frankly it feels like if anything that would make the healing weaker. After all, theoretically John Henry can spam-heal his way through the damage dealt by a weaker opponent.

Although, I suppose that in itself is kind of an exploit best patched.

Hmm... what if the healing is based on the amount of Overload damage he has received since the ability was last used? Essentially he sacrifices a turn to undo the negative effects of Overload.
Will need to think of an alternative passive for him though...

I think that sounds good, and if you turn out not to like it, you can change it back later too. I think that might work as a 2 turn cool down skill given you’re going to have to wait for it to be a big effect even if it is charged.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

I can new character Thursday probably, are we just testing passives this time?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aight, here's a WIP of my Sheets update. Namely, transferring Steam Vent into the active skill instead
Spoiler: Berserker (click to show/hide)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

John Henry
Strength Check: 7 (Success), 7 (No Crit) Remainder 5 vs 2 (Success), 8 (Crit Success) Remainder 2
Wyvern 2 Agility Check: 10 (Success), 7 (No Crit) Remainder 2 vs 4 (Success), 7 (No Crit) Remainder 6

Once more, John Henry struck at the wyvern with his hammer, but the wyvern managed to duck out of the way of the attack in time. Fortunately, the wyvern’s own attack on the man failed to, with John managing to move out of the way of it’s talons.

I can new character Thursday probably, are we just testing passives this time?

No, next round we're introducing active abilities, see last turn for how those are going to work, and you'll be up against enemies that are roughly of the same rank as you guys. You don't need to make a new character, just to work out your active ability and post an updated sheet, mostly just so I can have all the sheets together to consult back to.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Archer (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Archer (click to show/hide)

Looks good.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

John Henry
Strength Check: 7 (Success),10 (No Crit) Remainder 5 vs 3 (Success), 10 (No Crit) Remainder 9
Wyvern 2 Agility Check: 8 (Success), 7 (No Crit) Remainder 4 vs 8 (Success), 2 (No Crit) Remainder 2

Once more, John Henry struck at the wyvern with his hammer, but the wyvern managed to duck out of the way of the attack in time. The wyvern tried to attack back at John, but once more failed to land a hit. Realizing that this was going nowhere, the wyvern decided that it was in its best interest to just fly away in search of easier prey, and so it did, leaving the pass open for John Henry to head through.

Yeah, when I started writing this turn I said “if nothing changes again, the wyvern is going to fly away” and so… round 2 is done. Still waiting on all the updated sheets and doing some work of my own to prepare for the next round, but when I get those we can start.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Berserker (click to show/hide)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Right, I've been holding off on round 1.3 since I've been waiting on Paladin to post their updated sheet, as well as since I was procrastinating finishing stuff up on my end, and now I'm going to be going on vacation in a few days so I suppose this is on temporary hiatus until August 4th as I won't be able to bring my laptop up with me. This post is to remind Paladin to make their active skill and edited sheet, a reminder to the rest of you that we doubled the mana of normal servants, so A is 200, B is 160, C is 120, etc. for the purposes of making servant fights less rocket tagy. Also, a new poll on if I should change the mana boost from Madness Enhancement to go with the new changes to mana or leave it the same. Also, I decided that sneak attacks should have a bonus to Agility for accuracy, which may or may not be helpful when we get to 1.3. Feel free to ask me any question and I'll start the next round on the 4th or, if I end up being really jet lagged, the 5th.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41