Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Chosen Gun (SG)  (Read 2469 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Chosen Gun (SG)
« on: February 19, 2022, 11:38:45 am »

2020 was a crazy year for everyone. Protests, riots, political unrest, the superstorm that circled the planet multiple times and crushed civilized life as we know it into dust. Crazy, crazy times indeed.

But that was in the past. It's 2177 now, and pockets of civilization have risen once again. The Old United States is long gone, replaced by an endless number of roving hordes, bandits, and nomadic tribes broken up by the occasional reclaimed city or metropolitan neighborhood. In the wake of the destruction of the old world rose a new faith - Shotism. Shotism is a belief that nothing is more sacred than a firearm, no cause worthier than the restoration and maintenance of a gun, no humbler and holier activity than reloading casing and shot to feed the divine tools. In the early days of their faith Shotists built Monastery Ranges dotted across the continent, from Central America to Alaska, from Pacific to Atlantic Ocean. All recognized the power of the faith held by Shotists - even those of ill will would ask for safe passage through Shotist lands rather than risk near certain death by the immaculately faithful.

A schism sundered the United Shotist faith in 2056, resulting in the first Independent Monasteries after the Grandslinger declared the revolver to be the holiest of firearm designs above all others. The Grandslinger's time in this most high position didn't last long (ended, as all things should be, at the end of a barrel), but the damage was done. Monastery Ranges began to declare their own preferred firearm family as the Most Sacred. Decades have passed, and much of their shared knowledge has been divided or lost. The Shotist faith has lost it's great influence and is in a state of decline and despair. Shotists, isolated from one another's Monastery Ranges due to internal politics, distance, and the lack of respect for the faithful among the populace nowadays, have become experts in their specific craft, but this has only served to reinforce the barriers between the faithful.

Legend has it that one day there will be born the Chosen Gun, the one Shotist who has the power to learn all schools of Shotism and unite the faith once more. That legend brings us to you.

You were born to two devout Shotists. Which Monastery Range did your life start in? (Note: This is not a comprehensive list of every Monastery Range, just the starting choice)

A. The League of Lever-Action Rifles (Connecticut)
B. The Haven of M1911 (Utah)
C. The Hunter's Lodge (North Carolina)
D. The Double Barrel Disciples (Coahuila)
E. The Pipe Gun Prophets (California)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Chosen Gun (SG)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 11:43:34 am »

E
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 11:48:04 am »

F. The Holy Order of Handcannons

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 12:00:26 pm »

D I call shotgun
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022, 12:16:48 pm »

Sorry Kashyyk, you got a couple fixed decisions to make first, but I promise once you’re done character creating you can derail things as hard as you want

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2022, 01:12:36 pm »

C
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 01:56:47 pm by Maximum Spin »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 01:20:12 pm »

C!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2022, 01:59:24 pm »

D
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2022, 02:21:46 pm »

D

Double barrel disciples will win the world
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2022, 04:36:00 pm »

C

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2022, 08:04:58 pm »

Now m, are you really voting or are you just tying things up to be a turd?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2022, 08:17:17 pm »

D
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2022, 08:51:16 pm »

You are Alberto Velasquez del Rio, born into The Double Barrel Disciples.

Life for a Disciple began easily enough for each adherent to the faith, as children eight and under were left largely to their own devices. During your early years you made some childhood friends and enemies, enjoyed time in the sun, and partook in games using mock double-barrel shotguns. Something happened during this developmental stage that set you on your own unique path. What was it?

A. Your parents were killed outside of the Monastery Range by banditos, leaving you to inherit your parents belongings as well as making you an orphan.
B. You formed a lifelong bond with a tight circle of friends, but the clique-like group fomented some level of animosity with the kids they excluded.
C. You regularly broke into the Sacred Armory and pored over the weapons inside at the cost of your other studies.
D. You followed your parents as they traveled the nearby countryside as Double Barrel Preachers in the sidecar of their motorcycle, learning much of your faith and the faithless but rarely seeing the inside of your own Monastery Range's walls.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2022, 08:59:04 pm »

C!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2022, 10:36:29 pm »

You are Alberto (Velasquez) del Rio.
YES

B
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: [1] 2 3 4