Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Chosen Gun (SG)  (Read 2465 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Chosen Gun (SG)
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2022, 01:29:27 am »

I'll change my vote to B.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2022, 10:02:32 pm »

Man of Paper? No . . .

Man of Baseder! Another interesting SG. Keep it up!
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2022, 10:11:11 pm »

Man of Paper? No . . .

Man of Baster? Do you know something about his conception that he's not telling us?

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2022, 06:11:06 pm »

Man of Paper? No . . .

Man of Baster? Do you know something about his conception that he's not telling us?
Man of Paper is based.

[ BASED ]
A word used when you agree with something; or when you want to recognize someone for being themselves, i.e. courageous and unique or not caring what others think. Especially common in online political slang.

The opposite of cringe, some times the opposite of biased.

Ex: "Man of Paper is based for making this SG."
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2022, 06:14:49 pm »

Man of Paper? No . . .

Man of Paper is based.

[ BASED ]
A word used when you agree with something; or when you want to recognize someone for being themselves, i.e. courageous and unique or not caring what others think. Especially common in online political slang.

I know what it means. I just make puns.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2022, 07:29:38 pm »

Man of Paper? No . . .

Man of Paper is based.

[ BASED ]

Based on what?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2022, 09:07:10 pm »

^ This guy. Smh.
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2022, 09:09:09 pm »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2022, 02:08:00 am »

Based on donations from viewers like you?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2022, 06:25:33 pm »

Stop the cap. Y'all know what based means.
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2022, 02:02:30 pm »

But what is it based on, the people need to know.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2022, 10:59:18 am »

I vote B

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Chosen Gun (SG)
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2022, 06:45:52 pm »

Anyway

Your first real job as a Shot Caddy was easy enough, even if your Hunter got a little frustrated with your inability to focus. Luckily for the both of you, time out in the wild and extensive instruction from your Hunter saw your ability to stay on task improve greatly. Your Hunter was also greatly impressed with your natural aptitude with Shotgun use and maintenance, and although he was suspicious of exactly how you came to know so much, he decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth. (-Flaw: Low Attention-Span, +Perk: Eagle Eye)

Hunting in the relatively arid lands surrounding your Monastery Range was perfect for the shotguns your people preferred, as it was generally populated by birds and small game that would have proven harder to hit with something other than a cloud of shot. Your Hunter had you retrieve and prepare his kills, giving you invaluable experience when it comes to living off of the land. As years passed your Hunter slowly let you participate in the thrill of the kill, and eventually the two of you alone could hunt enough to feed the entire Monastery Range. (+Skill: Survival, +Skill: Stealth)

All was not perfect in the life of a Disciple and Shot Caddy though. Banditos had been an ever-present issue in the region, and as the years went on their presence only got worse. They had no respect for the land and you and your Hunter found yourselves coming across rotting carcasses of animals seemingly killed for fun. One morning your Hunter decided it was time to track the Banditos back to their camp and see what was going on.

Your past as an inconspicuous individual let you keep pace with the lifelong Hunter as you tracked down the Banditos and eventually found their camp. It rested in the shadow of a large sandstone arch and housed at least a dozen people of ill-repute. Most of their little settlement was made up of patchwork animal hide tents, but one wooden building stood out among them - not only because it was wood, or because a severed head was rotting on a stick nearby, but because the two Banditos who stood at attention on either side of the door held poorly maintained but clearly evident (to you) Disciple Pump-Action Shotguns.

You and your Hunter observed the camp for three days and nights, noting a regular change in the guards at the shack as well as the individual they stood guard for - a particularly tall and thick-waisted individual with a grenade belt across their chest and a very modified FX-05 assault rifle coated with an iridescent paint that colored the rifle in shifting hues of red, orange, and yellow. His Old World General uniform was in rough shape, and the buttons seemed close to exploding off of him in protest.

When you and your Hunter returned home he asked for your assistance in taking on the camp. The Monastery Range had rules against directly engaging in offensive combat, so he asked that you keep things between yourselves - especially since some of the bandits were armed with Disciple weaponry. They could have been part of the raid years ago, or gotten them from those raiders, but there was also a chance that someone within the Monastery Range had fallen from grace and willingly traded with these criminals. Informing anyone of your coming actions against the banditos was not a risk your Hunter was willing to take.

Shot of all kinds was considered sacred to your people and utilizing any other form of ammunition was seen as heretical, but you felt it was time to break away from the doctrines that had held your people back just as your Hunter was forsaking the rules against going on the offensive. You invested time and energy every night (after the Loaders all stopped working and went to sleep) researching and developing means of producing enough new ammunition to take on the banditos.

What kind of 12ga. ammunition did you create?

A. Small metal balls can do a lot of work, but there is little that could leave as much of an impact as a Solid Slug.
B. Puncturing someone or something at high velocity is sure to do immediate and lasting damage or at least make thin cover absolutely useless, so you set about making Sabot Slugs.
C. When you hit something it'd be best if it stayed down forever, and you don't think much can do that better than Segmented Expanding Slugs.
D. Nothing is more intimidating to any living thing than fire, so you opted to recreate the long-forgotten Dragon's Breath rounds.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2022, 07:05:06 pm »

C

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2022, 07:20:07 pm »

Are we at the point we can do alternate suggestions yet? Because double barrel Frag-12 would be a poetic way to take out grenade belt guy.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4