Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34

Author Topic: Renegade Space Marine Simulator (40k)  (Read 26160 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Renegade Space Marine Simulator (40k)
« Reply #345 on: February 07, 2022, 05:19:03 pm »

Tell them that the Galaxy is a dangerous place, they would be better off under our protection.

Might as well take what we can, I don’t see much benefit in treating them as equals since our military power is so much stronger.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 07, 2022, 05:22:13 pm »

Tell them that the Galaxy is a dangerous place, they would be better off under our protection.

Might as well take what we can, I don’t see much benefit in treating them as equals since our military power is so much stronger.
+1

I think we should also explain what our Prognosticator did, as means of an explanation for how we are able to communicate with them. And besides, being known to be able to read minds is likely very impressive.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 07, 2022, 05:41:33 pm »

Start by leaning on common ground, but then move onto how the galaxy is a dangerous place that they are unready to face, and that we can offer protection. +1 to at some point also explaining how we learned their language.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 07, 2022, 05:44:05 pm »

Start by leaning on common ground, but then move onto how the galaxy is a dangerous place that they are unready to face, and that we can offer protection. +1 to at some point also explaining how we learned their language.
plus

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 07, 2022, 05:52:18 pm »

plus
+1

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 07, 2022, 07:16:57 pm »

Tell them that the galaxy is a dangerous place, and that they would be better off under our protection

We don't really need to be treating these creatures like equals even if we are more xenophilic then most any true servant of mankind would be we stand to benefit very little from these creatures in there current state we could in truth with our current orbital assets likely scour they're world of life even if it would take some time without dedicated exterminatus grade weaponry. Frankly I think we should inform these Snail's that they are under our protection and they are to every month or year (However often is regular for us) have there tithe assembled in this place and if it is satisfactory to us we will start investing in there world with our advanced technologies. In the meantime leave one of our lighter vessels in orbit to look menacing while we redirect the main portion onto whatever else we may need them for.

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 07, 2022, 07:29:09 pm »

plus
+1
Tell them that the galaxy is a dangerous place, and that they would be better off under our protection

We don't really need to be treating these creatures like equals even if we are more xenophilic then most any true servant of mankind would be we stand to benefit very little from these creatures in there current state we could in truth with our current orbital assets likely scour they're world of life even if it would take some time without dedicated exterminatus grade weaponry. Frankly I think we should inform these Snail's that they are under our protection and they are to every month or year (However often is regular for us) have there tithe assembled in this place and if it is satisfactory to us we will start investing in there world with our advanced technologies. In the meantime leave one of our lighter vessels in orbit to look menacing while we redirect the main portion onto whatever else we may need them for.

You speak your intentions into the vox. The Prognosticator steps over the shell of their leader and keeps his hands at his side, deeming a neutral posture safer than risking what would be inspiring for humans but could be as infuriating to their alien sensibilities as they are to yours. Almost a million sickening Xenos eyes look on in anticipation as he raises his voice and your twin hearts stir, and from his mouthpiece comes a cacaphony of the most grotesque noise you've ever heard and ever hope to hear from an Astartes' tongue. You're certain he's botching the pronunciation as badly as their representative did the words they "translated," but it should be legible. Even so, macro-cannons stand-by, ready to martyr them all if they are overrun by these horrors. The better part of an hour passes before he stops and the Xenos return to snarling and whooping amongst themselves. You see that their initial speaker has recovered and crawled back into the half-track, where it appears to be having a vicious argument with some of its peers. The Prognosticator stands, stoic, but by the slight tilt to his helmet you can tell he is anxious. Not nervous in the same way as a human, but pulled taut and ready to explode into violence like the string of a bow. The controversy is over much faster than the initial speech and a handful of the unarmed Xenos "leap" to the feet of the Prognosticator, where they enter into a quick, animated conversation with him. They stop and watch, ready for the next noises to come out of his mouth.

They go through the vox instead. "Brother Talnior, they... desire an explanation of our terms."

You think and respond. Full independence is out of the question, as is equal diplomacy. The disparity in power is much too vast.

They will be a Tributary: Their civilization will pay your empire a regular, substantial tribute, and in exchange you won't be glassing their cities.
They will be a Protectorate: Their planet will be protected and they'll have the right to their system when they can claim it, in exchange for a regular tithe of their resources and their sworn submission.
They will be Assimilated: Their respective governments will gradually be subsumed into one, which will then be fully subordinate to the Chapter, as well as their species. In exchange, you'll further their technology to an extent that their industry and potential fighters can be of use to humanity.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 07, 2022, 07:39:23 pm »

Give them a choice between being a protectorate and being assimilated.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 07, 2022, 07:39:47 pm »

+1
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 07, 2022, 07:40:59 pm »

Protectorate

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 07, 2022, 07:43:26 pm »

+1
+1

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 07, 2022, 08:14:52 pm »

Protectorate

Protectorate. Our resources our stretched thin as is, we don’t have enough to uplift 2 species and improve our own industrial base.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 08, 2022, 12:31:39 am »

+1
+1

You make a quick decision. These Xenos would be better off as a protectorate, both for your treasury and for the future well-being of mankind, but if you could yet seize their loyalty you would have an entire, if inhuman, pseudo-civilized world at your disposal. They would require relatively little effort to uplift and might function as an adequate force to draw auxiliaries from, depending on their nature, possibly even on par with the units of Antwir. You seize the opportunity. "Our terms are that they must choose, to be a protectorate beneath our banner or to be assimilated, and march in the name of the Chapter." The Prognosticator pauses and replies. "You're giving the Xenos a choice, Brother Talnior?" Your voice deepens. "Do not doubt my dictates, Prognosticator. Where you have the gift of prophecy, I have my reasons." He makes a grunt in affirmation. "...Very well." The hideous sounds resume, curt and to the point.

When this is finished, the Xenos leaders turn to argue between themselves, even more viciously than before, and slowly stop their bickering to smack and gnash their maws at the Prognosticator. He communicates immediately. Outside of the helmets themselves and the bridge of The Warmonger, these comms have been completely silent. "Brother Talnior. They are... in disagreement and request further time to consider our offer. None of them seem opposed to us, only over the manner of their future relations. How should we respond?"

You make a snap decision.

"This is a substantial choice to make. We'll give them all of the time that they need. For now."
"Bah, let the horrors deliberate for a few more days. It matters not. The Chapter can wait."
"These aliens will not waste our time. I expect and will receive a response in the next hour."
"The Xenos are to settle this immediately, through an honorable trial by combat."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 12:34:02 am by Tube Wizard »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 08, 2022, 12:38:39 am »

They may have one day.
...actually how long is the day/night cycle for their planet? I'm intending approximately 1 earth-day, but if the length of a day for them is dramatically outside that area, just modify it to something closer.

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 08, 2022, 12:42:08 am »

They may have one day.
...actually how long is the day/night cycle for their planet? I'm intending approximately 1 earth-day, but if the length of a day for them is dramatically outside that area, just modify it to something closer.
(Their day/night cycle is almost exactly half that of Terra, at six-hour days and nights of the same for an even twelve hours. One full Terran day would be equivalent to two of theirs.)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34