Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: XMAS/NY 2021 GIVEAWAY  (Read 13220 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: XMAS/NY 2021 GIVEAWAY
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2021, 04:12:40 pm »

Time for Kitfox giveaway!

Lucifer Within Us goes to ventuswings!
Moon Hunters goes to Detros!
Shattered Planet goes to Teoleo!

Congratulations all! I will be contacting you shortly. And a Happy New Year and a Good Continuation to you and those didn't win!

Love, scriver~

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2021, 04:14:29 pm »

So, I'm having region-locking issues for both winners right now unfortunately. Apparently, the conversion difference between Canadian dollars and EUROs barely passes the threshold for triggering the automatic region-locking feature.

My only legal option is to look for region-free keys on the web, but those don't usually benefit from steam sales. Based on what I see on the internet, I might be able to get a steam key for Darkwood on Fanatical, but I need to know what region teoleo is in so I can verify whether the key will work. Probably best done via PM, though teoleo seems to be the type of person who wouldn't give that data up just for a few free games.

Alternatively, I can buy you guys all GOG copies if you have accounts. I'll wait till the end of tomorrow for your opinions on what I should do. After that, your gift is forfeit and it will either go to the orphanage or be re-rolled.

Sorry for the Double-post. Need to keep region-locking issues in the next page.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2021, 05:02:24 pm »

Hi, I am from Italy, if the key don’t work no problem you can turn it to other people.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2021, 05:44:14 pm »

Yooka-Laylee goes to delphonso as the only entrant. My other two games get thee to the orphanage!
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2021, 07:15:39 pm »

Hi, I am from Italy, if the key don’t work no problem you can turn it to other people.

So the Fanatical key does work according to the country checker, but my credit card company finds the transaction suspicious and aborted my purchase. Probably for the best honestly, but it's sad that all of that effort went nowhere in the end.

GOG will probably still work, but if that isn't suitable, I'll begin figuring out the new winners once I get your response.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2022, 04:36:14 am »

Sorry, you can’t purchase the key for Darkwood on Steam? Price is the same on Gog…

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2022, 05:39:01 am »

In your region sure, but in Canada the GOG game costs +$1.30 CAD compared to Steam. GOG doesn't have a region locking policy and the way it is able to do this is by not having any regional pricing. It charges every person the same converted USD cost even if they live in Russia. That avoids the main exploit of tunnelling to Russia via VPN, buying the game cheap and then gifting it to your American counterpart.

It also means that Russians probably won't ever be able to afford it though. I can still buy you the GOG version if you own an account though.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2022, 06:50:23 am »

i have gog account, for me is not a problem.... same for Noita?

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2022, 07:42:32 am »

Happy new year folks, 1st of January is here:

Civil War 2 goes to hector13
Revolution Under Siege goes to fatcat__25

PMs sent.

Mafia 2 orphaned.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 07:45:50 am by Radsoc »
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2022, 07:52:06 am »

Iconoclasts goes to a1s for being the only entrant.
Darkwood goes to Teoleo for being the only entrant.

The hotly contested Noita goes to Teoleo thanks to some lucky RNG. Congrats on nabbing two games.
Time for Kitfox giveaway!

Lucifer Within Us goes to ventuswings!
Moon Hunters goes to Detros!
Shattered Planet goes to Teoleo!
Yooka-Laylee goes to delphonso as the only entrant. My other two games get thee to the orphanage!
Happy new year folks, 1st of January is here:

Civil War 2 goes to hector13
Revolution Under Siege goes to fatcat__25

PMs sent.

Mafia 2 orphaned.
Noted.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2022, 12:38:44 pm »

Alright, rolling time:

FTL: Faster Than Light goes to no one.
Hollow Knight goes to delphonso, who apparently wasn't on the main list, but was actually signed up while rechecking.
Recettear goes to scriver and AzyWng because capitalism, ho.
Slay the Spire goes to Whisperling and ventuswings because it's too good not to give out to both, and also it's like 500+ hours of content (plus more if you like mods).
Slime Rancher goes to ZebioLizard2 by default, but it's a really cutesy fun time where your slimes act like curious baby kittens, and you just love them.
Spiritfarer goes to heydude6 and Radsoc because this game will make you cry.
Stardew Valley goes to teoleo and Vector because I'm playing it right now with like 56 mods and it's amazing. Play with the Stardew Valley Expanded Mod, highly recommended.
SUNLESS SEA goes to Haspen, Detros, and ventuswings, fuck you, it's my giveaway, and I can give away as many copies as I want, and I choose three because it's an oddly chill but also stressful game.

Wow, look at all our winners, nice job guys. I'll be doing this super slowly and stuff, so if I added you on Steam or sent a key to your inbox yet, just ping me, whatever.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2022, 12:41:01 pm »

Thanks a lot for your generosity.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2022, 12:57:17 pm »

ZebioLizard2, your Steam link isn't working for me. I looked up a profile that had the same name as yours, but I won't add it unless you confirm it.

scriver, you were already added as a friend, so your game is sent. Vector, you as well. Haspen should hopefully have their game soon.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and after you add me, remind me to send your game.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 01:02:54 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2022, 01:05:16 pm »

Oh, and Whisperling can win a Hollow Knight as well.

ventuswings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2022, 01:33:59 pm »

Wow that's very generous, thank you very much and happy new year!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13