Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 23230 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 5 [10/10]
« Reply #360 on: January 27, 2022, 05:47:34 pm »

"I think I forgot something with the voicers, well, that will hopefully fix it"
Spend Messengers act on the Whisperers
Spoiler: Whisperers (click to show/hide)
"You, stay on voicers, soon all your main purpose will be in reach"
Use other generic act to create creature, The caravan leader, and place it in the central garden
Spoiler: The caravan leader (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 27, 2022, 10:24:53 pm »

If anyone has spare acts you're not using, I would like to create the following:
Spoiler: equipment (click to show/hide)
My understanding is that it should cost 5 sphere acts, of which I can contribute two. The first respondent to offer me two sphere acts to create it will have the right to store the first act next turn. Whoever supplies the fifth will then be eligible to store an act in the succeeding turn. I will then use it third. Subsequently, I will provide access through bidding, with those who helped create it given priority, as even cooperation should be mediated through competition.

If I receive a plethora of donations, I will also add a bonus to light as a second major feature, which we will have to share by handing the thing around, of course.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 10:33:23 am by Maximum Spin »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 27, 2022, 11:04:43 pm »

The Faceless Prince considers the given proposal, then withdraws a tome bound with a jewel-encrusted belt, handing it to Shinka.
I have little that I see necessary to do at present. I believe, however, that you underestimate how much this endeavor will cost you. That is two Major Features, requiring a Greater Magic Item, not to mention the 4 Acts necessary for storage. This will require 8 Acts in total, the contributions of two others than ourselves. However...
The Faceless Prince then appears to reach into their own self, and pulls out a glowing jade coin.
Here. Do not take the burden of Light alone. I offer you a mote of my own.

Knowledge and Trade Act offered to Shinka for the Act storage/Light-buffing magic item, as well as one point of Light.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 28, 2022, 02:07:07 pm »

The God Twi awakes, and while late begins to split their Spheres to create,
4+4Free Provinces

Name: The Grasslands
Neighbors: The Forests, The Lakes, The Mountain Ring
Region: The Pastures
Traits:
 + Endless fields of tall grass to graze upon. Flowers of all colors in meadows of their own.
 + Very rich in nutrients, lush. Primary Region Feature.
 - Disorienting to those who do not know the land. Easy to get lost if you do not know the way.
Description: [Free Province #1, The Pastures] The Grasslands are wide and range far, giving The Pastures their name. While it is naturally quite abundant, it is also devoid of water, simply plants for miles. While one can get their intake by eating these plants, those without the palette for them would do well to bring their own water to this ecosystem.

Name: The Forests
Neighbors: The Grasslands, The Lakes
Traits:
 + Trees and underbrush abound, leaves shining in the sun and glowing in the night. These Forests never seem to sleep. And the trees come in many varieties.
 +/- Due to the magic in the air, these forests are filled with dangers. The woods seem to grow back in days after being felled for their plentiful wood.
Description: [Free Province #2, The Pastures] An endless forest of life, filled with magic and nestled among the land in pockets. Be wary not to travel too deep lest you become part of the forest. For those lost may never be seen again. But the light and resources it provides to it's inhabitants is truly grand to watch. Preferable from outside The Forests.

Name: The Lakes
Neighbors: The Grasslands, The Forests, The Skies, The Underneath
Traits:
 + Deep Lakes filled with life. Crystal clear lakes glimmering, light seen deep below.
 + Air Currents rising, bringing rain and cool winds to the rest of The Pastures.
 - An ever present threat for divers, being swept into the undertow deep down. But down in the deeps rest ores and minerals, pearl and silver, amethyst and rose quartz, many others. They shine, tempting mortals and gathering life.
Description: The Lakes scattered throughout the Pastures connect to the Underneath. With crystal clear waters, the treasures below are easy to see, and add sparkle to what is already a  prime location for life. It's a true show of the interconnectedness that make up the Pastures.

Name: The Skies
Neighbors: The Lakes, The Grasslands, The Mountain Ring
Traits:
 + Clear Open Skies filled with magic waiting to be tapped.
 +/-The Skies are one of the key ways to enter the Mountain Ring which surround The Pastures safely. Getting back on the other hand is much tougher, and will usually sweep you to the lower Pastures and Grasslands. The Forests have a habit of spawning natural disasters to those who think to fly above them.
Description: The open Skies, the clear blue, pink, purple. They are ripe for development and cloudshaping, and can technically get you anywhere in the Pastures, as well as being able to travel to them from anywhere. In practice, the Lakes are usually your best bet. Granted, you'd need flight to even get to this region, or a very tall tower that reaches the heavens. Which will likely break with the worst of the storms that fly above here from the Mountain Ring. Take Heed, here be nature untapped.

Name: The Mountain Ring
Neighbors: The Pastures, The Skies, Outer Regions
Traits:
 + Filled with ore and housing tough greenery, it's peaks swirl with winds and create a barrier preventing casual access from the skies around, though The Skies currents are swept in as a result.
 - Something bad. The winds spawn twisters, storms and rain, and occasional rockfalls to those within the Mountain Ring's valleys. Life is hard and hardy around here, and the only place you are safe is underground.
Description: The Mountain Ring. What more needs to be sad of this Region? It creates the stormwall and barriers which deny access to all but the most foolhardy of adventures, or the most prepared. This wall of winds even extends to cover the entirety of the Underneath in a bubble of calm. It's a tough place, The Mountain Ring, and it's mountain ranges difficult to transverse on foot, though such is much safer than flying.

Name: Caves of Light
Neighbors: The Lake, The Undergrowth. The Cloud Archipelago
Region: The Underneath
Traits:
 + Moss, lichen, mushrooms, and occasionally plants. They glow a gentle blue light. The rivers drain through the lake, and through the lake do minerals fall upon it's banks. Strange things can be found here, and strange dreams had.
 + Ore abounds among the seams, shining, promising more within. Magic runs deep within the stone and the rocks themselves are varied but precious.
 - Extremely difficult to travel to The Lake. At times one can come to be disoriented by the Caves of Light.
Description: [Free Province #3] A series of caves and tunnels that is collectively referred to as the Caves of Light. Water drains through the open caves and tunnels, leading to a lot of moss, lichen, and mushrooms, and the rock and ore promise much pleasure and craft to those willing to take it.

Name: The Undergrowth
Neighbors: The Caves of Light, The Cloud Archipelago, The Mountain Ring
Traits:
 + Trees! Granted, trees that make use of puff-seeds and grow their roots into the underside of the island region, but still. Evergreen, these trees bear the occasional floaty fruit among their number, but most choose to spread on the wind. Occasionally one of these seeds even manage to make it to the Mountain Ring, but most that fall end up in the Abyss below or the Cloud Archipelago, both of which tends to work out poorly for them.
 + The branches interconnect, with the trees having learned to share what light they can gather, though nutrients remain viciously hoarded. It's a careful balancing act.
 - There isn't anything under you. Or is that above? Fall, and you die if you cant fly..
Description: [Free Province #4] The Undergrowth. A place where the forest floor is devoid of life, most taking place on the trees themselves or branches. This evergreen forest is a place of bounty, with occasional pockets of water within trees that have specialized in it's collection from the mists that spill from the waterfalls.

Name: The Cloud Archipelago
Neighbors: The Undergrowth, The Caves of Light, The Mountain Ring
Traits:
 + Wispy cloud rives and solid cloudsoil. A unique ecosystem forms upon these many islands, cloudy oceans and flowing wisps.
(+ Magic flows free and clear upon the clouds, naturally forming islands and the many pieces upon which life is not only possible, but developed.
 - The calm winds, the eternal wall, and the flowing, shifting lands. The old will drift as the new form, and collide with the Mountain Ring's wind barrier. The result of such is as obvious as it is sudden, slow as it is to approach. The shifting can also result in smaller islands ending up underneath a waterfall. Result is also obvious there, though it usually means more ocean and rivers forming in the aftermath.
Description: The Cloud Archipelago. White clouds, white rivers, white oceans, and white lands. The trees and plants are still green though, even if some are tinted black-violet. It is a land of plenty enough, and the rivers form to allow access to their neighboring provinces, though such can shift and still require a way to bridge the gap. The plants here take advantage of the mineral-rich water and magic which make up the clouds, allowing fruit, nuts, and cocoanuts.(Despite the name, cocoanuts contain a viscous toxin collected from the clouds, the trees themselves serving as a natural filter.) The mists which form from the falling waterfalls of the underneath are a gentle rain, though occasionally islands form as basins for a waterfall by moving under them and being solid enough, creating the largest islands.

So done, Twi spends her remaining time admiring the various natural beauty she has created. Life is good.

While Twi admires, The Great Wind Barrier forms from the excess energy.

Name: The Great Wind Barrier
Neighbors: ???
Region: The Pastures(Outer), The Underneath(Outer)
Traits: N/A
Description: The Great Wind Barrier, a curtain of clouds, stormwinds, stormbreaks, strombeaks, and hurricanes. Also the Stormfronts and Stormbacks. Lightning crashes, and the winds keep blowing. Sailing though unprepared is suicidal. And due to forming naturally, is a lot wilder than 'created' provinces. No telling what happens in here, or how it develops.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 02:40:41 pm by TricMagic »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 28, 2022, 05:39:06 pm »

Quote from: All material life requires some form of sustenance
Yes: 2 (Flesh Conch of Screaming), (Susan)
No: 1 (The Faceless Prince)
Quote from: All mobile material life requires some form of sustenance
Yes: 2 (The Faceless Prince), (Susan)
No: 0
Quote from: All beings have souls
Yes: 1 (Susan)

Split 1 Benign Wetwork Operations Act into 2 Generic Acts

"Shinka, I find your pitch acceptable. This is so. I shall invest rightly."

Grant Shinka a Sustainable Growth-Profit Synergies Act

2 Generic Acts: Create two provinces

Spoiler:  Dagun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arkan (click to show/hide)

1 Generic Act = Create a critter

Spoiler:  Yanuki (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 28, 2022, 06:45:19 pm »

Yes: 3 (Flesh Conch of Screaming), (Susan) (Twi)
Yes: 2 (The Faceless Prince), (Susan)
Yes: 1 (Susan)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 28, 2022, 06:57:56 pm »

Yes: 3 (Flesh Conch of Screaming), (Susan), Shinka
Yes: 3 (The Faceless Prince), (Susan), Shinka
Yes: 2 (Susan, Shinka)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 28, 2022, 09:56:33 pm »

Yes: 4 (Flesh Conch of Screaming), (Susan), (Twi), Shinka
Yes: 4 (The Faceless Prince), (Susan), Shinka, (Flesh Conch of Screaming)
Yes: 3 (Susan, Shinka), (Flesh Conch of Screaming)
Quote from: Progress to the Age of Magic
Yes: 2 (Gibeele), (Flesh Conch of Screaming)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 28, 2022, 10:07:00 pm »

Only three more acts needed to achieve additional power. The opportunity to donate is still open!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 28, 2022, 10:13:01 pm »

Harvey Harvest donates whatever actions he isn't using to the project, purely in the interest of depriving one of his opponents of a Light.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 28, 2022, 11:04:49 pm »

Meanwhile, Shinka works on a couple new provinces to fill out its other regions.
Name: Fairytale Kingdom
Neighbors: Animal Kingdom
Region: Wizny
Traits:
 + opulent accomodations
 - exorbitant prices
Description: The Fairytale Kingdom is the centrepiece of Wizny, itself centred around a huge castle that, appropriately, looks like something out of a fairy tale. Maybe Cinderella, but we're not being overly specific here. As the central and most prestigious district of Wizny, it is obviously the most expensive.
Name: Animal Kingdom
Neighbors: Fairytale Kingdom
Region: Wizny
Traits:
 + beautiful vistas
 + every different kind of animal, even some that don't exist
 - manufactured goods are strictly forbidden, enforceable by being eaten by a lion
Description: The Animal Kingdom is a miniature of Shinka's domain, a balance of biomes maintained carefully by the will of the Spirit of Wizny. At its centre is a giant, clearly artificial tree in which people can live if they really want to for some reason. Animals from all over the world are enticed to come live in the Animal Kingdom by promises of low rent and free wifi.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 28, 2022, 11:37:19 pm »

Yes: 2 (Gibeele), (Flesh Conch of Screaming)
Quote from: Vote to advance to the Age of Myth
Yes: 4 (Qwitzikottle, Twi, Flesh Conch of Screaming, The Faceless Prince)
No: 4 (Shinka, the Wanderer, C'thun, Susan)
If you intend to progress to another Age, I'd prefer it be one where I actually know what it will entail. It is clear what will happen in the Age of Myth; much less so what may in a proposed Age of Magic. Explain it, and I may be swayed.

Meanwhile, in the Old World, two spaces within it appear to gain some definition, distinguishing them from the greater whole.
Spoiler: The Arcanist's Dream (click to show/hide)

The Prince then looks up from their Districts, and spies Harvest giving Shinka... nothing.
...mh hmn.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 11:39:37 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 29, 2022, 03:04:45 am »

"Seems pretty self explanatory to me. It's an age where we build magic."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 29, 2022, 03:15:50 am »

"Hey Flesh Conch, a bird told me that in the Animal Kingdom, if you brandish a stick then a lion big enough to eat you will spontaneously appear. Sounds to me like you could go there and have an unlimited supply of meat which comes to you!"

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 29, 2022, 07:01:33 am »

Quote from: All beings have some sort of soul
Yes: 4 (Susan, Shinka), (Flesh Conch of Screaming), The wanderer

Yes: 3 (Gibeele), (Flesh Conch of Screaming), The wanderer
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35