Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 23247 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 5 [10/10]
« Reply #330 on: January 19, 2022, 06:57:07 pm »

To end your constant bickering, a cognitohazard is something, or someone, that mentally harms, (or controls) those who attempt to view or learn about it.”

“For example, if I made it so that everyone who sees you unconsciously mentally block you, no one would no you were there, even if you were right in front of them. Any object or being with the power to do something like that would be a cognitohazard.

“Or, I could create a book which causes the reader to go insane and kill themselves. That would also be a cognitohazard. I imagine this irritates the Faceless Prince due to his desire to spread knowledge, which cognitohazards prevent.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 21, 2022, 11:23:51 am »

To end your constant bickering, a cognitohazard is something, or someone, that mentally harms, (or controls) those who attempt to view or learn about it.”

“For example, if I made it so that everyone who sees you unconsciously mentally block you, no one would no you were there, even if you were right in front of them. Any object or being with the power to do something like that would be a cognitohazard.

“Or, I could create a book which causes the reader to go insane and kill themselves. That would also be a cognitohazard. I imagine this irritates the Faceless Prince due to his desire to spread knowledge, which cognitohazards prevent.

Not if we all vote for it to mean something else, it isn't.

Does anyone want some free power? Due to cost changes, I have more than expected, and I don't have any ideas just now. Not available to those voting to advance the age.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 21, 2022, 02:06:58 pm »

I’d simply like to check, how much power do you mean? Perhaps I should let others take it first, seeing as I have already created something with Susan’s assistance, but I should at the least like to consider what I may wish to make.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 21, 2022, 02:10:42 pm »

I’d simply like to check, how much power do you mean? Perhaps I should let others take it first, seeing as I have already created something with Susan’s assistance, but I should at the least like to consider what I may wish to make.
I don't entirely know for sure, but I think I have one sphere and one generic act. I am willing to divide them as needed.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 21, 2022, 02:46:23 pm »

The Faceless Prince thumbs through a notebooks recording what actions had been taken in the most recent epoch.
...hmn. It would in fact appear so. Do you know which sphere Act you have remaining? Perhaps we could cooperate on a shared variety of Outsider.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 21, 2022, 03:06:15 pm »

The Faceless Prince thumbs through a notebooks recording what actions had been taken in the most recent epoch.
...hmn. It would in fact appear so. Do you know which sphere Act you have remaining? Perhaps we could cooperate on a shared variety of Outsider.
I am pretty sure it can retroactively be whichever. What would you consider more interesting?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 21, 2022, 03:46:44 pm »

Although Competition may be more thematically appropriate for the two of us, the Auric Spires is a vast forest. Wilderness may well be a more interesting selection.
Outsiders - or Angels, perhaps - who promote the development of healthy ecosystems, maybe? Gardeners, or Earthtenders. Skytenders? When designing the world, I will admit that I did not put full consideration into what things would be named as a result of its configuration.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 6 [10/10]
« Reply #337 on: January 22, 2022, 05:52:50 pm »

Turn 6: God Game

Backfill of the West

Armed with considerable freedom to further define their regions, some of the gods have taken the opportunity to mark out provinces in them.

Shinka has added the sacred toad-filled desert of Shabbasvast and the aptly named Quiet Place to Texas.
Spoiler: Quiet Place (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shabbasvast (click to show/hide)
Having thus used up their quota for free Texan provinces, Shinka created a vast brackish lake named Tezcatlipolka. Its inhabitants are nourished by harmonious sounds (like most polkas) and harmed by cacophony and discordant sounds. It's likely that the local predators come with suitable horror soundtracks deployed to help stun or kill their prey.
Spoiler: Tezcatlipolka (click to show/hide)

Qwitzikottle created the black marsh in one of the more volcanically active parts of Trunthia Multa. Nourished by the thick volcanic ash of the Mountain, the marshland is in the process of becoming a bamboo swampland of some sort with unknown consequences for its animal inhabitants.
Spoiler: The Black Marsh (click to show/hide)

Qwitzikottle flash froze a massive iceberg in the Floating Blue which will shortly become a haven for various migratory birds and named it the white cap. Notably, entire schools of teeming fish are trapped throughout the iceberg.
Spoiler: The white cap (click to show/hide)

Susan set out to add provinces to the Pastures and created Asur and Yorta, pockets in a strangely immaterial foggy caldera that strip mortals of their souls. Those dying or otherwise stripped of soul in the blasted Asur migrate to either the neighboring springs of Yorta or their respective gods' afterlife planes.
Spoiler: Asur (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yorta (click to show/hide)
Due to their uncanny resemblance to godly planes, it may be easier to call Outsiders in and around Asur and Yorta. Susan's final act this turn is to lay the bones of Bashur, a great mechanical looking wyrm built from various synthetic materials, at the bottom of the largest, most transparent lake in Yorta.
Spoiler: Bashur (click to show/hide)
Bashur has an aura of intense holiness and will be prone to inspiring new rituals when there are mortals to remember and perform them, but it also attracts the slightly distorted attention of the Eye.

The Flesh Conch of Screaming and the Faceless Prince vied for the last of Susan's available power this turn, and the Faceless Prince ultimately won out and created the Termin, large eusocial insectoids with a strong hoarding instinct.

A nearly parallel occurrence emerged between Shinka and the Faceless Prince later on, but ultimately, no acts ended up changing hands.

The Wanderer wrapped the Central Garden in roots, and the roots were distinct enough to form their own province. While striking and noticeable from a good distance, they are rather small overall despite their extensive branching.

Semper Ubi sub Ubi

Twi excavated the Underneath, a wet cave network with plant life adapted to potentially falling out of the island, under the Pastures. Twi took care to keep it calmer than even the wind shadow above.
Spoiler: The Underneath (click to show/hide)

Working with the Wanderer, Gibeele drew out magnificent flowing rivers flowing from the grumbling peaks of Truntia Multa to the Endless Blue. It additionally separates (or, perhaps, joins) the Driftlands, Polis, and the Central Garden and will provide convenient transportation for those without the gift of flight.
Spoiler: Rivers (click to show/hide)
The Wanderer later dispersed a number of sky whales throughout the Central Garden (which doesn't actually have much to do with the Rivers because the Sky Whales fly rather than swim).
Spoiler: Sky Whales (click to show/hide)

Unopposed by anyone else, the Flesh Conch of Screaming has more fully fleshed out the ecosystem of the Endless Blue, adding such things as melodic plankton, kelp, and fish:
Spoiler: Endless Blue (click to show/hide)

Angels Abroad

Qwitzikottle created six of the peculiarly fragile and material Enspherents. They have taken root in Yamayunqa, Texas, the Old World, and Trunthia Multa where they have begun encasing themselves in thick galls of earth, carcasses, and plant matter.
Spoiler: Enspherents (click to show/hide)

Feed the (Legless) Beast

Harvey Harvest created the Wells of Magic, whose flowers are magic. They have been planted in the Driftlands (and perhaps in regions associated with Harvey Harvest, but it comes to light that flying eels other than the Drift King typically subsist on native bugs and fruits. Nevertheless, the magical, refreshing nectar of the Wells remains a welcome and nutritious treat to them, and they are perfectly happy to drink from the Wells.
Spoiler: Wells of Magic (click to show/hide)

The creation of the Wells is followed by the creation of the restorative Appills, explosive Boomnuts, various plants and even a fish, and Banana Phones, the last of which will be a boon for mortal communications. There was also an abortive attempt to recreate the Fruits of Forbidden Knowledge, but it ran into opposition. In the end, the Flesh Conch of Screaming's aid came through and mysteriously pushed it through anyway.
Spoiler: Appill (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Boomnut (click to show/hide)
((Declined; "F" doesn't add much beyond shock value and drastically increases the chance of a thread lock))
Spoiler: Banana Phone (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Coffefruit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Caughton (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weaplant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hero Plant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Happy Fish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sacred Woc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ice Scream (click to show/hide)

Farmaland has also been further defined to include a band of rolling hills thoroughly filled with candy and confectionery.
Spoiler: Farmaland (click to show/hide)

Moral Compass

Gibeele held a Snapper in front of Harvey Harvest and Shinka and found that the needle either pointed toward them or directly away from them. It's not clear how this puzzling result is to be interpreted.

Eldritch Roulette

C'thun created the Flower of the Void, a somewhat useful flower for those looking to move into the deeps. However, it isn't terribly common, not that too many land animals know what they're missing out on anyway.
Spoiler: Flower of the Void (click to show/hide)
C'thun also created the Wells of Deep Magic, a bizarre and mutagenic parody of the Wells of Magic.
Spoiler: Well of Deep Magic (click to show/hide)

Various cephalopods (all of them squid in anatomy if not in taxonomy) have been seeded in the waters of the world with no issue, but the Secret Old One Beacon may or may not exist. That part isn't terribly clear.
Spoiler: Secret Old One Beacon? (click to show/hide)

Finally, C'thun used its Creation act to weave and wear the Cloak of Blind Eye, a trinket supposedly able to render its wearer invisible to the Eye. Susan contributed additional labour to its creation for better or for worse.
Spoiler: Cloak of Blind Eye (click to show/hide)
Strangely enough, it feels like it's attracting the attention of a certain malevolent Eye.

Critters

The Faceless Prince and Gibeele traded the spores of their respective Creatures to create the Irons and the . Although they resemble their parent the Ferrous Wyrm in appearance and in cleverness, the Irons also have some of the Drift King's hoarding drive (which mostly manifests as a love of "fetch").
Spoiler: Irons (click to show/hide)

After this, the waste-averse Faceless Prince moved the Wyrm back to the Auric Spires and built the wondrous Painted Spire, a towering library and shelter for the scholarly sort if/when the next age comes. The Faceless Prince has chosen to invest their Incarna spark in the Painted Spire at this time.
Spoiler: The Painted Spire (click to show/hide)

Not to be outdone, C'thun tried to create a Creature, but what emerged was instead an order of Angels. Luckily, nothing of significance seems to have changed aside from a distinct lack of fertility. Combined with others' actions this turn, their reality warping tendencies seem to have overturned Shinka's opposition to the existence of magic.
Spoiler: Elder Thing (click to show/hide)

Intruder Alert

In the first moments of its birth, Flesh Conch of Screaming screamed at the Eye for food. This made the Eye incredibly unhappy, but a fair bit of its attention was somehow shellfishly diverted into the world instead. (Flesh Conch of Screaming: -1 Might, +Suspicion) This was followed by a brief pause, a clam before the storm that was the Conch's realization that it couldn't simply eat the Meat-a-ball. Its solution was to create the many-armed octopus Eater and the voracious War Form Devourer, the former of which was immediately sent to the tastiest part of the world so as to feast on it.
Spoiler: Eater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Devourer (click to show/hide)

Finally, to address the indigestibility of the Meat-a-ball, the Conch created a swarm of Envoy-Maws to nibble away at the delicious-looking meat-eor.
Spoiler: Envoy-Maws (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 01:12:19 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #338 on: January 22, 2022, 05:53:44 pm »

Voteboxes

Spoiler: Inactive votes (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Votebox on flight as an assumed default
Allow flying as a default trait: 4 (Gibeele, Wanderer, Flesh Conch of Screaming, Faceless Prince)
Do Not: 5 (C'thun, Shinka, Qwitzikottle, Susan[/color], Twi)
Flight will not be a default trait.

Quote from: Vote to advance to the Age of Myth
Yes: 3 (Qwitzikottle, Twi, Flesh Conch of Screaming)
No: 5 (Shinka, the Wanderer, C'thun, the Faceless Prince, Susan)
The Age of Myth is at least a turn away.

Quote from: All material life requires some form of sustenance
Yes: 1 (Flesh Conch of Screaming)
No: 0
Material life will likely universally require sustenance of some kind.

Quote from: Fall protection as an assumed default
Allow default fall protection: 1 (The Faceless Prince)
Do not: 3 (Twi, Qwitzikottle, Susan)
Fall protection will not be an assumed default.

Quote from: What does Cognitohazard mean?
-A type of bird that eats the corpse of Cognito (supervillain); HH, The Wanderer
-The Hazard of philosophically thinking that one exists by proving that one thinks; Qwitz
- A synonym for deficit: Susan
-Something, or someone, that mentally harms, (or controls) those who attempt to view or learn about it: C'thun
-Meat: Shinka, Conch
No clear majority emerged, and cognitohazard remains poorly defined.

Time passes

Unbothered by hungry wyrms, the Super Intelligent Macrobacteria are making great strides in building imperial constructions throughout the world.

The Elder Things are conducting some sort of breeding experiment on various animals deep in the Endless Blue.

A few sky whales have been spotted in the skies over Polis.

Lacking a will of its own, Raheal remains unable to negotiate a price for extending coverage to Wizny.

Eater is feasting on Farmaland. Yields are expected to be low this year, not that anyone's counting.

The previous interdiction on magic has been overturned as a result of a greater number of gods creating overtly magical creations than maintaining the ban.

Something other than Eater is destroying and/or harvesting the crops in Farmaland.

The Driftlands are regaining their original color (and then some).

The Macrobacteria have purchased a work contract for major constructions in the Land of Wizny. Trandarc seems to be involved.

The A-Team are chilling around, sharpening their cool weapons while muttering something about cold cuts.

The Guides are competing to map out the Rivers before they change course.

Geological Age
  • Creating and transforming entire provinces and regions is possible only in this age barring emergent changes in later ages.
    • Having to specify traits for regions and provinces is not set in stone. If there are more votes in favor of getting rid of them than against, it will be done.
    • Regions should be big enough to support ~10 provinces. They can be particularly large islands, archipelagos, cloudy voids, seas, oceans, mountain ranges, or some combination thereof.
      • It would be nice to have a well-connected world, so please try to make them neighbor each other.
      • Specifying how dense a Region is with isles/islands and other general features may help with province placement.
      • Regions will be treated as having the same tier as servants/named mortals for rolling purposes (god mod: ±4).
    • Provinces should be just big enough to support one city. They can be islands, parts of islands, lakes, voids/holes in islands, permanent clouds, rivers, mountains, forests, canyons, particularly large trees, or any number of other things.
      • Provinces will be treated as having the same tier as unnamed mortals for rolling purposes (god mod: ±6).
    • Please explicitly mention when you're adding places as part of multiregion/multiprovince projects and when you're creating them solo/separately. Additions can be vetoed by those paying the initial cost.
  • The shape of the world is fixed barring emergent changes from mass-terraforming (e.g. absolutely everyone agreeing to patch regions together to create a contiguous continent in the shape of a disc).
  • Unopposed, entire ecosystems can be defined at the provincial or regional level for free. Otherwise, this costs 1 generic act.
  • Creating, modifying, or exterminating organisms is possible in this age and will be expensive afterwards.
  • In addition to Archangels, War Forms, Angels, and Outsiders, Monuments will be available once at least one province has been created, and Creatures and Critters will be available once there are organisms to promote from.
  • When more gods support than oppose progression to the next age, it will be done.
  • In general, astronomical features can no longer be created, modified, or destroyed.
  • To allow for potential mortal-focused customization, all planes (including the common plane) will remain mutable until and unless otherwise requested by consensus.
  • "Default" creature features such as flight no longer needing + traits going forward may be specified by consensus

Spoiler: Relevant costs (click to show/hide)

Cosmic entities
  • The Eye is awake and searching for a certain disturbance.
  • The Noise is quiet.

Status

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Suspicion (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 06:06:46 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 22, 2022, 06:07:40 pm »

Quote from: All material life requires some form of sustenance
Yes: 1 (Flesh Conch of Screaming)
No: 1 (The Faceless Prince)
It may be fair to assume that nearly all life requires sustenance of some type, but let us not be overly hasty and decree it an absolute requirement. Though, perhaps an amended version?
Quote from: All mobile material life requires some form of sustenance
Yes: 1 (The Faceless Prince)
No: 0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 22, 2022, 06:45:37 pm »

Spend two aligned acts to improve Half The Battle from Lesser to Greater Magic item, increasing its potency and making it more explicitly Magical.

Vote to progress the age, not to the Age of Myth, but to the Age of Magic. Because clearly we need an age to explicitly and clearly define the structures of magic underlying the world.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 22, 2022, 07:07:05 pm »

"If we can pick the next era than we surely should have an Era of Farming."

HH briefly wonders who is farming Farmaland, decides it is probably Rachel like he thought it was last time, and gets back to creating things.

Spoiler: Transformnot Gourds (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dirt Tree (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dragon Fruit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MAXIMUM CORN (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 07:09:33 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 22, 2022, 07:30:12 pm »

Offer Raheal a spot of my own Agency, just enough to negotiate with the Magical Land of Wizny.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 22, 2022, 07:31:13 pm »

Growing bored of the current age, Qwitzikottle once more moves toward somewhat illogical actions to fill the void in his desire to advance.
First Qwitzikottle "renovates" his home plane, compressing a ball of space and time to contain a miniature universe which he hangs over his bottomless mountain like a moon- he then he populates it with thousands of species of outsider beasts and plants, finding it pleasing but not yet complete- he finally populates it with Uraflings made substantial by his Brutality act- before throwing a black cloth over his miniature universe to keep his new not-mortals from noticing the rest of reality.
Next he pulls out his Courage act and tears it in twain- from the first half he uplifts one of the omnivorous snails of Trunthia Mazia into a creature which he names 'Arko' before tossing it off towards Farmaland- and the second half he pockets for now.

Spoiler: Uraflings (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 07:40:53 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 22, 2022, 09:52:59 pm »

“I have a idea which I believe will prove beneficial to all, I need help first however. Please render assistance.

C’thun asks its fellow gods for any sphere acts they can spare.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35