Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 8 [10/10]  (Read 23200 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Panopticotheon IC: Turn 1 [9/10]
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2021, 04:32:46 pm »

C’thun growls, but holds it’s anger in. It creates a new star that doesn’t make someone immediately insane.

Name: Space Madness
Type: Constellation
Description: A shining ball of red that waxes hypnotically in the air. It is very visible. People that see this star become more likely to indulge in their baser passions, tainting their soul and aligning it more to C'thun.

The star also has physical benefits as due to god magic, or something, whoever looks at it has their immune system enhanced and their bones and tendons strengthened. Slightly increases average lifespan.
Amid a myriad of other interactions and events, the Faceless Prince merely watched the creation of this... perversion of perception. This plague upon sight. This... this... monstrosity.
And as their horror turned to indignation, they withdrew a great and beautiful conch from their robes, smashing it into the constellation, trading its location away to someplace deep within the Noise.
They turned toward C’thun, shaking with anger.
Cease and desist with these incessant and abominable cognitohazards! They offend me to the very core of my essence, and no more can I abide by their continued existence than the desert sun might abide by the presence of an ice cube! You would create things that destroy not only knowledge, but even the ability to have or create knowledge! You would not merely pervert trade with the inability to properly assess value, but you would unjustly rob the mortals of any sanity they may have, leaving paltry offerings that ultimately leave them as little more than a strong animal, not a person! Do you not understand? Are you as mad as you would make all of mortality? I shall not have it! I shall not abide by it! I cannot stand by and simply allow you to pervert and destroy every essence of my own spheres! Away with you, and know that should you neglect to revise your behaviors, I shall ensure there is a reckoning upon you!

Yes, the conch shell is the Trade Act.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 11:23:55 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2021, 04:55:08 pm »

"It is unagreeable."
"For my will be to give strength to those with will use it."
"As is yours be taken issue with mine."
"until you take my freedom from me I shall do as I wish."

"Always with the imposing of one's will on another. We are creators, can you not imagine a world where we are friends? A world where the people have reason to be happy, because we have made it so? I ask you, sibling, if you think there is potential for our friendship, why not offer strength only to those who will use it well?"

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2021, 05:36:24 pm »

C’thun laughs. “You all are hypocritical! You scorn and condemn me for corrupting things, but you too spread your influences to places they are not wanted! I am merely doing what you all are doing, simply more directly. You create beings in a lonely and lifeless galaxy and demand they obey your every will. How is that any different from what I am doing? Hell, half of your creations have no mind to corrupt and are slaves in everything but name!

You fit everything in to your tiny box of morality and say anything that doesn’t fit into your own sense of morality is evil! Have you ever tried to ask one of your creations, without any compulsions or unnatural loyalty, what they think of you? You are merely arrogant, hypocritical and powerful taskmasters.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2021, 10:05:24 pm »

"Always with the imposing of one's will on another. We are creators, can you not imagine a world where we are friends? A world where the people have reason to be happy, because we have made it so? I ask you, sibling, if you think there is potential for our friendship, why not offer strength only to those who will use it well?"

"You speak of happiness as if it be something all beings are obligated to."
"But happiness not snatched by ones own hands be hollow happiness."
"It be empty of anything but the satisfaction of a slave to whatever broken system handed it."
"True happiness be gained by overcoming great threats and overturning those one disagrees with."
"As for strength, be ye speaking of it as though any will use it well if not used for its purpose."
"But strength of any sort be leading to those bearing it be lording over their fellows and equals."
"We be not of one will, no agreement will you be finding with me."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2021, 10:21:00 pm »

"That's not how the world has to be. I don't know what dire world has instilled you with such disgusting fatalism, but I won't let it infect me or mine."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2021, 11:15:55 pm »

1 Sustainable Growth-Profit Synergies soft sphere act: create an astrological feature

Code: [Select]
Name: Chariot
Type: sun
Effect: Spreads Jolly Cooperation!
Frequency: annually
Description: a giant mobile red dwarf in the shape of a great whale, Chariot vaunts around Creation spreading light and a desire to engage in jolly cooperation.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 11:32:55 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2021, 12:14:51 pm »

Design a possible Shared Realm.

The Cathedral of Souls
This realm automatically absorbs the souls of dead mortals, and other displaced spirits with nowhere to go.
A relatively small and humble church, the main hall filled with gentle, warm light, and various chimes and instruments hung from the ceiling play a soft melody. Windows show the landscape of each Realm.
Nine halls for nine realms, each with a door leading to a final destination. The owner of each realm may station one or more guards for their respective doors, as they wish.
But are forbidden by the physical law of the realm from abducting petitioners from the main hall. Each must choose of their own volition.
Violence is prohibited by physical law outside of specific halls.
Gods are permitted to modify their own halls as desired, provided that there remains a door and the space could be described as a hall. Modification of the plane outside that still requires consensus.
Outside is a large area of wilderness tightly wrapped around itself, filled with grass and trees and creeks and such. Of no mechanical significance to the realm's soul-sorting purpose.
This is a peaceful space, but feels ever so slightly uncomfortable, a sensation which will intensify over a long stay. The views of the other Realms feel correspondingly "right".
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 03:37:29 pm by Egan_BW »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2021, 12:49:51 pm »

The Cathedral of Souls
This realm automatically absorbs the souls of dead mortals, and other displaced spirits with nowhere to go.
A relatively small and humble church, the main hall filled with gentle, warm light, and various chimes and instruments hung from the ceiling play a soft melody. Windows show the landscape of each Realm.
Nine halls for nine realms, each with a door leading to a final destination. The owner of each realm may station one or more guards for their respective doors, as they wish.
"Too small for my liking, a guide couldn't stand a minute there, can't you add some room there which is a huge area unrelated to any of the planes?"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2021, 12:53:45 pm »

"I suppose not. I just think that a certain amount of humbleness before mortals would be a good idea. An outdoors section would be fine, though."

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2021, 12:55:35 pm »

"I understand that, but humble does not mean small, I am fine with an outdoor area"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2021, 01:00:51 pm »

"Small church, large wilderness. Seems humble to me. Do you foresee any issues with loitering?"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2021, 01:05:42 pm »

This includes an acceptable amount of wilderness.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2021, 01:48:19 pm »

The Cathedral of Souls
But are forbidden by the physical law of the realm from abducting petitioners from the main hall. Each must choose of their own volition.
Outside is a large area of wilderness tightly wrapped around itself, filled with grass and trees and creeks and such. Of no mechanical significance to the realm's soul-sorting purpose.

May I have a realm? No ulterior motives.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2021, 01:56:53 pm »

"You already have one, this is the common realm, and it have access to your realm, like to all the others"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2021, 02:04:56 pm »

"You will have a hall, like the rest of us. You may decorate it how you wish, provided that you do not violate the laws of the realm."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35