Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61006 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Day 3
« Reply #810 on: December 27, 2021, 01:49:18 pm »

And frankly Fallacy, if I wanted you dead, you would be.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 27, 2021, 01:51:38 pm »

I seriously doubt there's more than one cult, unless other players besides me were given the ability to alter their own alignment. Or unless Anti-Webadict has a convert option kicking around too.

I've read my spellbook, thanks Jim! I'm asking the mod about the particulars of my new Spell now.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: December 27, 2021, 02:07:29 pm »

Toony: Would you know if your conglomerate-compatriot switched alignments on you?
I believe so. I haven't received anything to that effect though.

@Toonyman: Why are we voting Egan if Egan is already dead? Or do you not believe Egan to actually be dead?
Have a better option? I don't know if Egan is actually already dead or not, but it makes sense for a converter to have a form of protection.

If I believe Egan is already dead, I am willing to vote someone if I'm strongly confident they're the ones who have been stealing from Tric and/or who killed Jim. The Egan convert would be the next priority, as with Egan already being dead that's the biggest problem of the cult dealt with. But this means we believe Egan...who doesn't have a reason to be honest.

Also I'm confused. If your revive is a one-shot, how did you revive Erebos?
My night version isn't one-shot. It also has some drawbacks...

Tric thinks Hat Kid probably has the Dwellers Mask if they're still alive. His Dwellers Mask wasn't in his roleflip so somebody else has it.

@Hat Kid:
Are you around? What masks you got?

Tric is suspicious of Superdorf for asking if the Brewing Mask is one-shot here. Answer: It's not one-shot. I assume Tric suspects Superdorf here because Superdorf would be inclined to ask this question if he was interested in pilfering it off Tric's corpse.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 27, 2021, 02:15:29 pm »

Won't your chances be better if you kill other antagonists rather than just kill me again? I guess it's better than nothing, but you definitely shouldn't hammer me before the anti-anti have a chance to out themselves.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 27, 2021, 02:17:49 pm »

@Hat Kid:
Are you around? What masks you got?
No one replies.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 27, 2021, 02:18:14 pm »

@Helia:
Who are you voting?

@Erebos:
Who are you voting?
No one replies.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 27, 2021, 02:21:56 pm »

@Mod: Is Damage persistent between cycles?
It is, but Damage is healed at a slow rate of 1 Damage per Phase. You can think of it as a bonus if you want to murder someone with it.

... Oh shoot, Roden still has 2 Damage. My bad.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 27, 2021, 02:32:01 pm »

I believe so. I haven't received anything to that effect though.

Hm-kay. That leaves Maximum Spin as our primary convert suspect, based on Egan's words…there's a ton of WIFOM there, so I'm not gonna touch it for now.

Vector/Toaster: Same question for you. Would you know if Toony switched alignments, and have you received anything to that effect?

If I believe Egan is already dead, I am willing to vote someone if I'm strongly confident they're the ones who have been stealing from Tric and/or who killed Jim. The Egan convert would be the next priority, as with Egan already being dead that's the biggest problem of the cult dealt with. But this means we believe Egan...who doesn't have a reason to be honest.

My concern right now is that Egan's convert could potentially become a converter upon Egan's death. If that turns out to be the case, our best shot at putting the pair down is finding the convert and killing both at once somehow.

I dunno, maybe I'm being paranoid? I've never played with cult mechanics before.

Tric is suspicious of Superdorf for asking if the Brewing Mask is one-shot here. Answer: It's not one-shot. I assume Tric suspects Superdorf here because Superdorf would be inclined to ask this question if he was interested in pilfering it off Tric's corpse.

Full disclosure: if I could pilfer that Mask, and we didn't have a Revive ability handy, I totally would. More town stuff available to town is good!
As is, Revive is the better option 'cos it gives a roleflipped town agency again.

@Mod: Is Damage persistent between cycles?
It is, but Damage is healed at a slow rate of 1 Damage per Phase. You can think of it as a bonus if you want to murder someone with it.

... Oh shoot, Roden still has 2 Damage. My bad.

Nice, thanks. So the Brewing Mask by itself wouldn't be enough to knock out Knightwing in one shot, if we fired it off D3—but it'd be a solid blow, and someone else could potentially finish the job.

Next question for @Mod, or @Narrator: how's that meteor looking? Any closer?

klonk
Sigtext

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 27, 2021, 02:35:03 pm »

I have absolutely not been converted. I probably wouldn't have opened the day with a vote directly on my ostensible cult leader in that case, if nothing else.

I'm not at all convinced that anyone has even been converted. Or for that matter that there is even a cult. But you can rest assured that my commitment to lynching Egan has not wavered.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 27, 2021, 02:40:02 pm »

@Mod: Which is resolved first during the Night: a Kill action, or a Convert action?

Maybe Egan did target Jim, and Jim just died before Egan could get to him. Same as my gift attempt!

klonk
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 27, 2021, 03:49:41 pm »

@Mod: Which is resolved first during the Night: a Kill action, or a Convert action?

Maybe Egan did target Jim, and Jim just died before Egan could get to him. Same as my gift attempt!
Typically, Kills are resolved first and Converts second. Unless screwy shenanigans.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 27, 2021, 04:57:13 pm »

So, a lot of stuff has happened since my last post, but I have some info.

First, my previously stated wincon wasn't actually my wincon. I'm not sure if it was genuine mod error or if it had to do with what Mamobo said earlier about game rigging, but yeah, this explains why my wincon was so confusing and why it seemed out of whack with my alignment. I no longer have to die...because I no longer have to bring the Anti-Webadict faction to parity.

Full disclosure, I had the Anti-Anti-Webadict wincon until today, but now I have the correct Anti-Webadict wincon. Fairly certain this isn't an alignment conversion because my actual alignment has not changed, I still am Anti-Webadict. I thought I was some kind of weird uninformed Mafia Ally who couldn't be guilted through a Cop check, but I wasn't even told who the mafia team was so I had no idea what I was supposed to do or who I was supposed to protect. I genuinely did think Vector was the mafia team though, my shot was meant to be distancing lol.

But, now I know the wincon of two factions, and something doesn't add up.

I don't understand my role - and by extension - how I'm suppose to play here to advance my chances of success.

Excellent.

@Mod:
What is an Entity?
@Knightwing:
Some people are probably going to try to shoot you. Don't reveal how many bullets you have left.

Superdorf is likely not Pro-Webadict as they are aware of bullets, implying they have their own to kill Knightwing with. I'm going to assume Pro-Webadict are the town here, but I'm open to suggestions if this is incorrect.

I think I could help Helia, but I'm not sure how good that would actually be.
So...is Jim outed mafia? Or is it Knightwing?
I'm sad to say, but I haven't actually revealed my alignment. It was a good way to get a glimpse into people's factions though...now who to side with is the question...

Hrmpf.

With the power of the Sun, against the evils of Night and Darkness, I raise Helia! I bring back the one slayed by Jack!
Toony...both Anti-Anti-Webadict and Anti-Webadict factions have eliminating Pro-Webadict as part of their wincon. How is it that you didn't know this?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 27, 2021, 05:10:11 pm »

Hm-kay. In the absence of shenanigans, I'm willing to back off convert hunting a teensy bit for the time being—Jim would've been a prime target that Night, and we've got other fish to fry.

*Egan's role PM, kind of*

...oh.
Oh!

Eesh, I missed this somehow. This makes Egan a fair bit less scary, but also implies we really do need to kill him again… guess I can try and double-check that.
@Mod: Egan's still alive, despite being Chosen for death. Can we assume his execution will resume once he lands, or will we need to place the votes again if we want him gone?

PPE

I had the Anti-Anti-Webadict wincon until today, but now I have the correct Anti-Webadict wincon. Fairly certain this isn't an alignment conversion because my actual alignment has not changed, I still am Anti-Webadict.

Huh.
What can you tell us about the Anti-Anti-Webadict wincon?

klonk
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 27, 2021, 07:24:20 pm »

Hi, I haven't read most of the thread since SoD. My parents are in town, got in town yesterday night around when Day . . . 3 . . . started, we're doing Christmassy stuff.

I can definitely post late in the evening after my father goes to sleep. Sorry for not letting you know sooner, they came in a lot earlier than I expected.

Anyway: Egan is outed scum. Any vigs available to take them out? Roden? Anyone?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 27, 2021, 07:52:50 pm »

I had the Anti-Anti-Webadict wincon until today, but now I have the correct Anti-Webadict wincon. Fairly certain this isn't an alignment conversion because my actual alignment has not changed, I still am Anti-Webadict.

Huh.
What can you tell us about the Anti-Anti-Webadict wincon?
It's nothing too special and about what you'd expect in any multi-faction game actually. All Pro-Webadict Players must die, eliminate or achieve parity with the rest of the Players, and kill the Webadict. There isn't even a mention of Entities, so it shouldn't further mafia's or town's wincons to vote them out unless specific people have specialized wincons.

Hi, I haven't read most of the thread since SoD. My parents are in town, got in town yesterday night around when Day . . . 3 . . . started, we're doing Christmassy stuff.

I can definitely post late in the evening after my father goes to sleep. Sorry for not letting you know sooner, they came in a lot earlier than I expected.

Anyway: Egan is outed scum. Any vigs available to take them out? Roden? Anyone?
I don't have enough firepower unfortunately, I don't want to take a shot without it being guaranteed that I'll kill them since I'll allegedly take damage just for targeting them.

Vector, what do you make of the fact that Toony's wincon doesn't seem to match town's wincon?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 82