Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61114 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Day 3
« Reply #780 on: December 26, 2021, 09:38:42 pm »

Imagine giving information out of your own good will and getting blown up because of it.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 26, 2021, 09:45:12 pm »

Alright, well. I know why webadict flipped as Webadict.

My secret ability allowed me, once during the game, to take on any alignment I wanted. "Webadict" was listed as a potential alignment switch.
Sometime during Day 1, webadict forcibly used my ability to change his alignment to Webadict. If I'm understanding correctly, that means I can no longer use that ability on myself.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Mafia Moderation Police Edition REDUX : Ammo [Night 1]
« Reply #782 on: December 26, 2021, 10:04:29 pm »

TricMagic falls down, dead. Weird, he should've considered not doing that.

TricMagic has died.

TricMagic was Hat Kid (Anti-Webadict).

Votes Reset.

Vote Count
—----------------------------
Egan_BW - 0 -
EuchreJack - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Roden - 0 -
Superdorf - 0 -
Toaster-Vector - 0 -
TolyK - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
Helia - 0 -
Erebos - 0 -

Not Voting - 12 - Egan_BW, EuchreJack, FallacyofUrist, Knightwing64, Maximum Spin, Roden, Superdorf, Toaster-Vector, TolyK, ToonyMan, Helia, Erebos,

7 to Hammer. Day ends at 19:00 CST on December 29th, 2021 (~70 hours remaining.)

Damage Count
—----------------------------
Knightwing64 - 8 Damage
Maximum Spin - 1 Damage
Superdorf - 1 Damage

You are Hat Kid from BYOR 15.

Your WIN CONDITION must satisfy all of the following CONDITIONS:
 - The Webadict must die. When the Webadict dies, the Game ends immediately.
 - All Anti-Anti-Webadict Players must die.
 - All Pro-Webadict Players must die.

Hat Kid (Anti-Webadict)

You have SEVERAL HATS in your possession.
During the Day, you may Choose a hat to take back if it is not in your possession.

You have a BREWING HAT in your possession.
During the Day or Night, you can throw an explosive potion at a Player, dealing four (4) Damage.

You have an ICE HAT in your possession.
During the Night, you can freeze a Player. That Player takes no Damage and cannot be killed.

You can activate TWO PLAYER MODE
Hat Kid may perform an Action from another Figment you have control over.

CORRECTION: As a corrective note, a fix has been made to Jim Groovester's role flip.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 26, 2021, 10:09:00 pm »

Alright, well. I know why webadict flipped as Webadict.

My secret ability allowed me, once during the game, to take on any alignment I wanted. "Webadict" was listed as a potential alignment switch.
Sometime during Day 1, webadict forcibly used my ability to change his alignment to Webadict. If I'm understanding correctly, that means I can no longer use that ability on myself.
Did the mafia police not give it back to you?
... I'm guessing that can be refilled. In fact, due to other observations, I'm almost, but not entirely, certain that it can be. Whether that's a good thing or not...
Well, let me ask this: If you could be any alignment you wanted at the start of the game, what alignment would you have chosen? Realistically, I'm not sure what I'd answer myself, but the fact that you volunteered the information that you could do it gives you some credit in my view. It also makes me more suspicious of Toaster.

Oh shit someone just died, hold on

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 26, 2021, 10:12:42 pm »

Well well, now we know that Knightwing can take more than 8 damage. And that you'll probably die if you attack him.

Unless you're me, of course. Looks like soaring into the air like a glorious angel made me immune to return fire.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 26, 2021, 10:22:22 pm »

Well, now here's a question.
ToonyMan can probably only rez one person/figment a night, based on previous statements.
I, personally, do not trust ToonyMan's rez to maintain alignment. In fact, I wonder whether it even revives a player and does not, say, revive the figment under the reviver's control or something. (Tric's last ability obviously implies people can control multiple figments.)

So, which option are we going with here? I have my own opinion, but I want to hear how other people are feeling about it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 27, 2021, 12:42:49 am »

I, personally, do not trust ToonyMan's rez to maintain alignment. In fact, I wonder whether it even revives a player and does not, say, revive the figment under the reviver's control or something. (Tric's last ability obviously implies people can control multiple figments.)
I can revive Players. It just hasn't come up until now. I can't do it during the Day anymore since that was a one-shot.

Also, I got invited to the Dead Chat by my bird Vee so if anybody wants to communicate with Jim or Tric that's possible. Pretty sure Jim has my bird for some reason...I can confirm that Tric used their exploding potion on Knightwing to deal 4 damage and then got gunned down by bullets. I can also confirm that everyone have 12 HP.

So, which option are we going with here? I have my own opinion, but I want to hear how other people are feeling about it.
I want to remove Egan. However, it's unlikely they're the one who stole Tric's Sprint Hat on D1 and/or killed Jim on N1.

Knightwing has 4 HP left before they die, but we probably don't want to kill them until removing other problems first.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 27, 2021, 12:46:33 am »

@Helia:
Who are you voting?

@Erebos:
Who are you voting?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 27, 2021, 12:57:48 am »

@Helia Will you not vote me? After all, if you're pro-webadict, and I've claimed pro-webadict, then you'd know whether I'm a liar or not. And you know that we're not the same faction, don't you?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 27, 2021, 04:01:41 am »

Arrg, page refresh ate my post
I took a point of damage last night, when I went to give something to Jim. He was dead when I arrived.

I'm guessing that can be refilled. In fact, due to other observations, I'm almost, but not entirely, certain that it can be.

I've asked the mod about it.
To be brutally honest, I'm not gonna say anything (at least initially) if it turns out I still have that power. Keeps my options open, y'know?

Well, let me ask this: If you could be any alignment you wanted at the start of the game, what alignment would you have chosen?

Whatever I thought was the "town" alignment at the time! Cloak-and-dagger makes me uneasy.

I can revive Players. It just hasn't come up until now. I can't do it during the Day anymore since that was a one-shot.

...I can confirm that Tric used their exploding potion on Knightwing to deal 4 damage and then got gunned down by bullets. I can also confirm that everyone have 12 HP.

Hrm! You could revive Tric at some point, to deal the last 4 points of Damage to Knightwing— assuming Damage carries over from Day to Day. I note Roden's fully healed as of the last votecount.

@Mod: Is Damage persistent between cycles?

Also, I got invited to the Dead Chat by my bird Vee so if anybody wants to communicate with Jim or Tric that's possible.
Double-check with Tric that his Brewing Hat wasn't a one-shot or anything?
Also, anything Jim wants to say to help us out would be awesome. He was still confirmed Anti-Webadict at the time of his death, after all.

I suppose I'll use my convert on one of the people who voted me.

People who voted Egan:
- Maximum Spin
- Jim Groovester
- Vector
- Yours truly

If I'm to take Egan at his word here (dubious, of course), Maximum Spin and Vector/Toaster are my primary cult suspects at the moment. Jim's displayed alignment was still Anti-Webadict upon his death.

Toony: Would you know if your conglomerate-compatriot switched alignments on you?

Beyond that, I hafta ask myself what scumhunting course I wanna take today. Egan's the surest lynch, but technically he should be dead already—we only need to lynch him if we decide he lied about the nature of his D1 escape. There's a decent chance Fal is hostile, but I doubt he has a convert ability; I'm willing to leave plain "mafia" alone for now. That leaves us hunting for Egan's convert, in case they can become the new cult leader or whatever… which would leave us nearly at square 1, 'cos we can't rely on prior player behavior for our hunt.

My main question for everyone right now, then, is: do we believe Egan? That is, do we reckon he told the truth about his flight mechanic, and/or his planned Night action?

Personally, I'm inclined to trust his initial flight-mechanic explanation—that was told from a place of despondency; no need to hide much there. I'm less inclined to trust his convert plans, though it's a decent starting point for culthunting.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 27, 2021, 05:46:50 am »

This is what I found in the BYOR 4 thread:
Angry Unicorn
You are a very angry unicorn. It might be because you people think you don't exist. It might be because people think you look girly. It might be because atheists use your kind as a joke. It doesn't matter, because people will know you exist. And the rest will die.
(Night) Inform [target]: You recruit a player to your enlightened group, if that player is not part of some sort of murderous group bent on killing everyone. Players recruited will lose all of their powers and gain the role of a My Little Pony character with no powers. If you die, they will revert to their previous team if they are alive (NO ONE WILL BE TOLD THIS BUT YOU UNLESS THEY LEARN YOUR ROLE PM!!!)
(Day, 1-Use) Brainwash [target]: You may brainwash one of your cult members to maintain their allegiance after you die.
(Auto) Impale: Anyone trying to kill you will be killed themselves. This does include lynches AND if you are immune to kills.
(1-Use) Pegasus: You sprout wings and avoid being actioned until the following Phase. This includes lynches and kills. However, you cannot action during this time.

Our roles are not the same as before, so none of this is necessarily applicable.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 27, 2021, 08:27:40 am »

Everyone: Does anyone know how much damage Knightwing had before the night?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 27, 2021, 08:53:52 am »

Everyone: Does anyone know how much damage Knightwing had before the night?
We were given some info on this shortly before end of day

That reminds me to AWAKEN.
We were told in BLACK text that was not a valid option.  Hence, if it gets the majority votes, it might work!
Then again, maybe it will lead to violations, going off the assumption that I'm immune to violations due to my SIN.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 27, 2021, 08:58:32 am »

We were told in BLACK text that was not a valid option.  Hence, if it gets the majority votes, it might work!
Then again, maybe it will lead to violations, going off the assumption that I'm immune to violations due to my SIN.
We weren't told that it is not a valid option. We were told that it is not a Choice, ie, in my interpretation, not a valid lynch vote.
Maybe try doing it as a PMed day action?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 27, 2021, 09:03:57 am »

Voting for things that are not Choices does nothing. Awaken is not a Choice.

Satisfied? webadict is dead. He cannot hurt you any more.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 82