Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61148 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Webadict Edition REDUX : Jury [Day 1]
« Reply #660 on: December 22, 2021, 02:01:29 pm »

Honestly after Tric's declarations and Hat Kid spontaneously manifesting I've flipped from the side of 'this is a mafia game with a bunch of twists' to 'this is a bunch of twists veiled as mafia'.

I really want EuchreJack to comment on the 'roles are Figments', nya, since his seems to be atypical.

Scum outing themselves? Neat. Now we're on easy street.
If this was any normal game, then yeah, amazing. But maybe Jim is right. The puzzle might actually, somehow, be more important than hunting down scum in this case.

Because in this case? 'scum' and 'town' and 'cult' might just be dividing lines meant to keep us from the second stage of the puzzle.

Let's get out of this Matrix.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 22, 2021, 02:02:24 pm »

Awaken

By my calculations, that "kills" everyone, so I should win.  Yay!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 22, 2021, 02:03:45 pm »

Our win conditions are not written in blue.

Nya.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 22, 2021, 02:04:19 pm »

Unvote for now. It's awesome that we have a potential game-ender with Awaken, but I want to look at a couple things first.

I don't think I'm likely to win as intended, by surviving long enough to singlehandedly convert everybody to my alignment.

Pro-Webaddicts don't win with Knightwing. If there's a traditional mafia alignment in this game, it's probably the anti-antis. I'm the only Pro-Webaddict, Fal doesn't share my alignment to my knowledge, because I'm the only one in my scumchat thus far. I win when The Webaddict dies, so long as my faction outnumbers or is the same as all other factions, and all Anti-Antis are dead.
This means I win if everybody dies at once, and I'm reasonably convinced that this is true for everybody.

Alright, so Pro-Webadict is a cult-equivalent. That's really interesting, thanks.

If you'd like to be rid of me, then I'll save you the votekill and shoot Knightwing to deny him a bullet.

Unless you have abilities or additional information that make you worth keeping around, that'd... probably be for the best?

Knightwing: I've got a blue-text statement for you to test. "If everyone dies at once, everyone wins."
@Mod: How many votes do I have right now? Twelve? One?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 22, 2021, 02:05:51 pm »

My Role, Angry Unicorn says this is a Nightmare, not a Dream. And that we're not going to wake up.
We can leave the game at any point, waking up is quitting, not winning.

Fal: What did Aeos tell you with your role? He apologized for giving me such a hard challenge, and handed me something.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 22, 2021, 02:06:24 pm »

“If everyone dies at once, everyone wins.”

@Moderator. Confirm that for me. I want to learn the games secrets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 22, 2021, 02:07:32 pm »

I mean, blue text is only going to apply for in the Game, right?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 22, 2021, 02:08:06 pm »

I really want EuchreJack to comment on the 'roles are Figments', nya, since his seems to be atypical.

Yes, I have to assume my role is not a Figment since it did not come from a Figment.  I also suspect at least a two part game, so Awaken will probably just thrust us into a new scenario instead of ending the game.  This is furthered by the whole "I had a role already" bit.

Just to note, Cult should be lynched if we're not Awakening.  But I think we should move onto the real game, since we're basically still in the setup phase.  Level up already!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 22, 2021, 02:10:26 pm »

If all Players died concurrently, all Players would currently win.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 22, 2021, 02:11:53 pm »

If you'd like to be rid of me, then I'll save you the votekill and shoot Knightwing to deny him a bullet.

Unless you have abilities or additional information that make you worth keeping around, that'd... probably be for the best?

Okay, besides my nighttime conversion ability and my pro-webaddict chat, which probably won't be very useful, I can "use Aeos' ability" during the day. But we don't yet know what that is. I'm also immune to damage, which might be useless or very useful to have, depending on if it blocks Infractions or even means there's no downside to giving Entities my vote. And when I die, I come back for one phase and can revive an entity.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 22, 2021, 02:14:37 pm »

I'm going to gather every violation Erebus publicly committed before his death.

Erebos backs away, left hand raised in guard. "Listen, I'm not involved in this. Y'all can figure this one out on your own. Sunflower is your problem now." The other two Figments look between the arguing parties and also decide this is not their fight.

Erebos has committed a Violation.
... Do you have Bullets? May I see one? I will return it to you.

The Moderator has committed a Violation.

What does a Moderator want to look at a bullet for?

Folks, I'm pretty sure the above "Moderator has committed a violation" thing is a joke, not part of the puzzle.
Is this what you wanted? Then you will have it.

Erebos begins to mutter, visibly angry. "I don’t know who to be more angry at. I'm to be made an example for you, Vector. It takes a lot to bottle away everything. I might not be the same as you, but isolation is death and death is isolation. I've been kind to all of you out of charity. I'm staking my existence, but I suppose that it must feel the same for--"

Erebos has committed a Violation.

Erebos is dead.

Vector has Sinned.

"Hah! You messed up. But, I'm out of chances anyway! Here's my Last Words! Fuck You, You Bastard. Oh look, it's true. Tough luck, dipshits. I'll see all of you in h--"

Erebos has committed their last Violation.

Erebos has been Modkilled.

The Moderator has committed a Violation.
I'm... not actually sure if Erebos died to the violation. It's almost like webadict (our moderator) shot him with the Bullet.

Now that is interesting.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 22, 2021, 02:22:14 pm »

This is getting seriously brain-twisty :|

...awesome. I'm willing to work towards this if y'all are.

Okay, besides my nighttime conversion ability and my pro-webaddict chat, which probably won't be very useful, I can "use Aeos' ability" during the day. But we don't yet know what that is. I'm also immune to damage, which might be useless or very useful to have, depending on if it blocks Infractions or even means there's no downside to giving Entities my vote. And when I die, I come back for one phase and can revive an entity.

Hm-kay. You can:
- do something Aeos-related (?)
- Do a bunch of infraction testing, potentially
- Revive Erebos?

Good enough for now, I guess, considering how many curveballs the puzzle is throwing our way. See if you can find anything out about your Aeos ability?

I'm... not actually sure if Erebos died to the violation. It's almost like webadict (our moderator) shot him with the Bullet.

I'm heavily suspicious at this point, that the moderator is framing Players for his own Figment-murdering intentions. We might be able to... I dunno, give all the Figments the Right to Life so they can stand up to him? Maybe?

@Helia: If I'm right about the moderator, you took the brunt of what he did. Thoughts, ideas?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 22, 2021, 02:25:11 pm »

Fal: What did Aeos tell you with your role? He apologized for giving me such a hard challenge, and handed me something.
He apologized for the obligation I'm being thrust into.

My Role, Angry Unicorn says this is a Nightmare, not a Dream. And that we're not going to wake up.
We can leave the game at any point, waking up is quitting, not winning.
To be clear though. Is that leave the game or leave the Game?

It's worth noting the blue text in the very first post of the game.

There is one (1) rule that I, the game moderator, must abide by that will be given to you: All text in BLUE cannot be lies. You must accept this as truth, or the game does not exist.

It specifically says the game does not exist, lowercase.

We're living in a Matrix, the Game. Surrounding the real game. So far I think only EuchreJack and Knightwing have game roles as opposed to Game roles.

I'm heavily suspicious at this point, that the moderator is framing Players for his own Figment-murdering intentions. We might be able to... I dunno, give all the Figments the Right to Life so they can stand up to him? Maybe?

The moderator is a Figment. Figments can be voted for.

webadict.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 22, 2021, 02:25:53 pm »

Sadly, I already asked Aeos what he can do, and he can't tell me. It must be revealed through "time or trade", with trade being the same votes-for-bluetext deal we've been getting from Figments.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 22, 2021, 02:30:32 pm »

Through a really roundabout process I think I can get at least some information on patron-Figment actions, though.

It goes like this.

Erebos is dead.

My role's best ability allows me to use the ability of any dead Entity, once.

This doesn't mean I get to know what it does, however, in order to use my role's best ability on Erebos I must know what the valid targets of Erebos' action are. Which means I should just be able to ask the mod and learn if it's targeted, untargeted, multi target, self target, etc.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 82